Tere Liye

India-Forums

Tere Liye
Tere Liye

Episode Discussion Thread 20th - 24th December (Page 139)

Elizabeth Darcy IF-Dazzler
Elizabeth Darcy
Elizabeth Darcy

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 1:58am | IP Logged
Hey Priya! Welcome to the EDT! Big smileBig smile

About Onu's pagalpann...I agree that the process started from his America days...I remember looong back all of us had theorized how Onu was really personality-wise split between two Onu's...the happy, warm, emotional childhood one, and the cold calculating businesslike one...it's in the second roop that he convinces himself that what he shared with Taani was just infatuation...but he does fall into these in-between phases where he doesn't know which Onu he is and does things he would never normally do -- like Nadia said waiting outside the house all night in the rain is one, I'd think  that his emotionally charged jealousy sessions were another: being jealous is normal, yes, but jealous to the point that you want Taani not to share an umbrella with Subodh? His removing his bandage when he finds out Taani didn't go to the audition because of him was another...And also, his relationship throughout with Taani was also fraught with confusion, even now he can't really get out of it!

Taani has been through as many troubles, yes, but I guess her in-between 8 years were relatively more stable ones, filled with her family and in constant touch with the people she loves, like Mauli  and Subodh...whatever she does, she knows that there will always be some emotional support from somewhere...which is why even though there are times she is broken and feels like her world is shattered, she is almost always certain that there is something she can do that will set things right again.

If anything Taani's  character, I feel, constantly operates on certainties. She is certain of her love for Onu, and her relationship with him, and that is one thing she is certain of throughout. That's the fundamental difference between Taani and Onu: she is certain of many things and goes for them, but while Onu does jump into action at the drop of a hat, he is uncertain and insecure much of the time -- this I would attribute to him not having a stable adoloscence, and to being alone, even though he did have friends. Also, as many of us had discussed earlier, in childhood Onu was one of the few who recognized his marriage to Taani as worthy of respect, and try to fit into his image of what a husband should do...and when that relationship is snatched away from him, what does that teach such a young boy about relationships?

Onu's pagalpann would definitely be regression...as such I feel that he recognizes and reacts to Taani (the warden mentions that they've never gotten such a strong response from him as Taani has, despite their attempts), he is at a stage where he cannot react normally. The only normal reactions he gives are the childhood ones: eating sweets, having the kulfi exactly as he used to as a teenager, tapping his fingers the way he used to as a teenager. He reacts but is unable to get what he is trying to say coherantly anymore.

Um...my two paisas...LOL  

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nisaahdeeps07priya_sparshaIndigoBluesSoaps1

Elizabeth Darcy
Elizabeth Darcy

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 2:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Soaps1

Except the Subodh issue when he was feeling jealous ... Onu has never misunderstood Tani till date ... cant say about future ... even at that time since he was confused about his own feelings and was at the stage where realization of love started to dawn upon him so it was mor out of frustration and even then he was mad at tani because he thought she loves subodh and he has to loose her not any other reason ... and in roby case Onu was angry at Tani only because he thought she told moly to save moly's life (thats so like tani, Onu knows) so he was not wrong ... he did not blame her but was just angry that she did not wait ... Onu knew Tani would never want to hide such a thing from moly because thats simply not tani ... tou bas iss liye he was angry

Future none can predict specially when the key to it is in BT's hands but till now Onu has always supported and stood by Tani .... he even left his house for her without even asking her for an explanasion when she was accused of changing the pill ... i don't know what more could he do to prove his love and trust in Tani

I agree cent percent with this...Onu's jealousy with Subodh propelled him  into an outburst only because it brought him to think about Taani in a way he'd never thought of since the past 8 years...if we look at that entire jealousy track, more than jealous, he is confused about his jealousy and what that might mean in the light of what he shares with Taani. By the time he shouts at Taani, he is still battling with his love for her, and his assumptions earlier that such a thing would never happen to him. His anger at Taani then was more circumstantial.

I think  he'll be angry that she never told him about Riteish, more than anything else...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nisaahSoaps1

priya_sparsha IF-Rockerz
priya_sparsha
priya_sparsha

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 2:09am | IP Logged
Hey Elizabeth Dancy! Big smile Thanks Big smile

Your two paisas weigh moreLOL

I agree with you. Onu is one complicated character yet beautiful at the same time. Him Staying away from family for those 8yrs did play an effect on him and even before he left to US, not everyone used to  him as motu. His only support since childhood was only tani.

I cant wait for the leap though! Big smile And once again thanks for clarifying
priya_sparsha IF-Rockerz
priya_sparsha
priya_sparsha

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 2:14am | IP Logged
alright guys! It was nice meeting you all and I had good time here. I'm gonna hit the bed before I see sunrise LOL Hopefully, I get time to come here and share views.Smile
Elizabeth Darcy
Elizabeth Darcy

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 2:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by priya_sparsha

Hey Elizabeth Dancy! Big smile Thanks Big smile

Your two paisas weigh moreLOL

I agree with you. Onu is one complicated character yet beautiful at the same time. Him Staying away from family for those 8yrs did play an effect on him and even before he left to US, not everyone used to  him as motu. His only support since childhood was only tani.

I cant wait for the leap though! Big smile And once again thanks for clarifying

Thanks Priya...Smile and call me Lizzy, everyone in the TL forum does!

I'd LOVE to have a nice, gradual process for Onu's recovery too! And I'd love it if Taani's journey on it is normal too, with her getting frustrated with him sometimes, but generally constant with him...it would be nice if by then the TQ didn't exist (hope it doesn't!)...something that should take time...I'd SO love that...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

deeps07priya_sparshaSunShine_ASoaps1

Soaps1 IF-Stunnerz
Soaps1
Soaps1

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by priya_sparsha

But there should be a misunderstanding between Onu and tani. Then only, he can come to asylum. Though he supported her till now. But I think Ananya's death might change him ( not that I like it either). Once again, tani will hide things from Onu about ritesh's truth.

No a misunderstanding is not necessary ... Onu will stand up for tani and his family will disown him and that would kill tani that he has to suffer so much for her and she will step out of Onu's life for his happiness and in the porcss something might happen to her which would make Onu think she is dead and hence he will go mad

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

priya_sparsha

Elizabeth Darcy
Elizabeth Darcy

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 4:38am | IP Logged
Nads even I feel that it'll be Onu thinking she's dead that will drive him over the edge...but before that, they need to really really REALLY establish the relationship between the leads, more focus on them, more passion between them, more romance...in short, less of these stupid twists and more story!!

Edited by Elizabeth Darcy - 24 December 2010 at 4:41am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Soaps1

Soaps1 IF-Stunnerz
Soaps1
Soaps1

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Elizabeth Darcy

Nads even I feel that it'll be Onu thinking she's dead that will drive him over the edge...but before that, they need to really really REALLY establish the relationship between the leads, more focus on them, more passion between them, more romance...in short, less of these stupid twists and more story!!

I don't think we will get to see the relationship between the leads establishing anymore the way story is going ... it looks like it will be all down the hill ... but Onu tani i feel have to get married still so i have tiny bit of hope Day Dreaming But i read someone's post about SBS where roby is telling tani aap key sath bhi aik din aisa hi ho ga? Ouch Thats not good because aisa hona means Onu will leave her and that a big no no Ermm

Go to top