Deepika to play Amitabh Bachchan's daughter

Posted: 13 years ago

Deepika to play Amitabh Bachchan's daughter

By: Subhash K Jha   Date:  2010-12-20   Place: Mumbai

How Ms Padukone landed her Aarakshan role

Do you think that Deepika Padukone resembles Amitabh Bachchan's daughter (Shweta Nanda)? Well Prakash Jha seemed to think so and cast the actress as the Big B's beti in his next, Aarakshan.

Two other leading actresses were being considered for the part. And initially, Jha even thought of casting a newcomer. What clinched the role for Padukone was her height and demeanour, reveals a source.

This will be Dippy's first film with both Jha and Bachchan. Shooting begins in Bhopal soon. Interestingly, it is also the location where Jha based his last film Raajneeti featuring the actress' ex, Ranbir Kapoor.

How he zeroed in on Deepika is quite a story. "I began to flesh out the part, make it more dramatic.

That's when I thought of Deepika in the role of Bachchan Saab's daughter. They're both tall and look quite like father and daughter."

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2010/dec/201210-Deepika-Padukone-Amitabh-Bachchan-Shweta-Nanda-Aarakshan.htm

Overload of Saif -Deepika films next year๐Ÿค”!

Perhaps Sonakshi plays Saif's love interest in Race 2,and Deepika is cast opposite John!

Anyway ,both Arakshan & Homi's film should be interesting as they both seem to be  directors of "realistic" films.
Wow really, she must be happy I mean who wouldn't want to be Amitabh's daughter
Originally posted by ajooni

Overload of Saif -Deepika films next year๐Ÿค”!

Perhaps Sonakshi plays Saif's love interest in Race 2,and Deepika is cast opposite John!

Anyway ,both Arakshan & Homi's film should be interesting as they both seem to be  directors of "realistic" films.

i agree

at least in Arakshan deeps is playing big b's daughter and not his love interest or would have to be renamed to cheeni ekdum kum ๐Ÿ˜†
why are they making articles like this? its not as if big b hasnt played a father role before, im sure he'll pull it off
Wow SO EXCITIED!!! Go Deepika, she is getting such amazing films in such a short span of being here๐Ÿ‘
It would have been perfect if Ajay was still in this film and Imran in Homi's next and then Saif with Deepika in Race 2...but looks like Chote Nawab took all three roles๐Ÿ˜† Where's Bebo when you need her?! Lol, I also think this will be a Saif-Deepika overload :S
Deepika gets Katrina's leftovers ๐Ÿคฃ

But yea they do look alike ๐Ÿ˜Š
^ Comments like that are made to instigate arguments. There was no need to bring Katrina into this topic. Remarks like that are uneccesary so please do not make remarks as such again.
Originally posted by KatForeva

Deepika gets Katrina's leftovers ๐Ÿคฃ

But yea they do look alike ๐Ÿ˜Š
How funny!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
But if I remember correctly, wasn't it you saying before that Katrina was never supposed to do this film? There was the article 'Satsung for Katrina'. Now suddenly you are saying that Deepika got Katrina's leftovers. Get your facts right. Also, this topic has nothing to do with Katrina so please leave her out of it.
That's cool....they definitely look like they could pass off as father and daughter

hehe "cheeni ekdum kum", now that would be interesting to watch๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by koolchick

That's cool....they definitely look like they could pass off as father and daughter

hehe "cheeni ekdum kum", now that would be interesting to watch๐Ÿ˜†
why is it funny....I actually loved that movie๐Ÿ˜†  Tabu and Big B made a great pair

I can't wait to see this. Big B and Deepz are both tall. I hope the look of the movie is very much like Abhimaan, I love the movie๐Ÿ˜ณ