Rang Badalti Odhani

a letter of love

wooster thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

"Set in the village of Dhulwadi in Bhuj, Gujarat, the story unwinds with the marriage plans of the bubbly Khanak with her childhood lover Suraj, who works in the new factory that is to come up in the village.

Shantanu, son of the factory owner Mr Khandelwal, an urban bred, spoilt brat is sent to Dhulwadi for the factory's inauguration against his wishes, amidst his own preparations for his marriage to girl friend Natasha. And this rolls off a series on incidents that change the lives of Khanak, Suraj, Shantanu and Natasha."....... this is what it was.....and now????

Rang badalti odhani started a very simple story of young girl who loves her family and the land she belonged to'👏 today as the show stands,  it is neither here nor there'😕

I was watching some old episodes of RBO and this is what I am missing in RBO today the intensity of  the characters! the reality, the innocence'. tobay RBO stands without substance!....plot is forgotten and so have the characters!!!

Khanak is a good character who stood up for her rights in small village , fought for her dignity and justice today she is a doll!!! Who is trying to bring her rock star husbands group together!!! Phew.!!!! I  am at a loss here' a  mere copy of  Praach Desai character '. Rock on'..originality down the drain'

Earlier even the Sarpanch who had few scenes had substance '.now all seem so fake!!

Yashshree as an actor was much better in her earlier episodes! Karan too was good in the good old days now I feel  they all overdo most of their scenes, they are trying to hard!!! Or is it the unrealistic situations and storytelling ?

Why is the story so weak! Nope situations! Yes the "Rock on" track is lame, no matter what justification you give!!! 😡

You start a soap in the village and take it to duck 's caf is only going downhill not uphill!😭

RBO is loosing it!! just watch some old episodes of this show and you will see that "charm" " thing" is missing!!!

A show works not only by marketing but sometimes they work on story and characters.

I pray and request you to bring back the "love" you had for the show when you started! Cause the love is missing only the "Shine" is  left!!

That is if you call it shine!!!!😕

Edited by wooster - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iluvmanar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
ya..definitely it was better in the earlier days, but i really hope it's charm would be back...and again i think 6 days hav created this mess....and hv trust on CVs that they would cope up wid this and brink back the charm 2 us...
jyothi1989 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yes i agree the old charm is missing keeping my fingers crossed hope to see the old favor of the show come back
wooster thumbnail
please guys write and send your love to good old RBO!!!!
tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ wooster
Good post ya... your sentiments are echoed in various threads in the forum. The CVs do visit this place, so lets see...
wooster thumbnail
@ tvsarika thank  you ....i praying hard!!! 😊👍🏼
.Dilwale. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

@wooster

i hope you know that i am a big fan of all your posts!😊

however much we all liked friday's episode, the fact remains that RBO has changed BIG TIME. at the moment all the CVs can do is try to save and retain the little essence and originality still left in the show. but will RBO ever return to it's true form completely, only time and S1 heads will tell!😆

i mean if someone started watching RBO today, i am sure the first question they would ask is, 'iss show ka naam Rang Badalti Odhani kyun hai?' i think that itself answers our question.

tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ zennn
Don't know what the equivalent is in Hindi, but in Tamil that comment of yours would be called 'nethi adi' ( a hit on the forehead)!😆 Very valid point.... Odhani signfies a woman's marital status, as far as I know. The story was and should be about her.

But it is possible that the viewers being mostly young women, they probably want to see the story of one or two couples, instead of one woman being the main protagonist. In most TV shows on other channels, the story revolves around one woman only, usually the bahu of the house.

That said, RBO story actually did have strong connections to its title. Let's see what happens... since no one else is wearing odhani in the show (even Khanak doesnt wear it anymore, LOL).....
.Dilwale. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

@gaayu

i seriously have no idea what the indian audience wants to see yaar. honestly speaking, most of us are not an intelligent audience and that's the sad truth. we believe more in gloss and less in substance. how else would one explain the kind of shows which are thriving nowadays?😕

Edited by zennnn - 13 years ago
missangel1987 thumbnail
rahul is hurt..shaan tld duck dat rahul is nt rich he shud keep it to him self & wen the waiter asked y arnt u takin money he shud hve said dats up2 me..its nt shaan fault either coz he tld duck in confidence he did not knw dat he was goin 2 tell hes staff.ppl talkin bwt him & he thinks shaan tld dem but he dnt knw it ...was duck. so its reali ducks fault.cnt wait 4 2mrow episode hes goin to see khanak chatin with rahul