Debate Mansion

Is music the highest art? (Page 3)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 3:36am | IP Logged

Art is imagination, creativity, feelings and emotions
Science is basically logic and facts

Without depth of feeling and thoughts all art does not have the power to fill us with beauty. But yes music is one of the most common form of linking us to the ideal. Most prayers and bhajans etc are apply the medium of music.

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 6:59am | IP Logged

I think, people go on listening to the music system, to the television, at full volume, as loud as possible, blaring, so that they need not think, so that they need not be worried, so that they remain occupied...some people are glued to their chairs for hours listening to just stupid noise...cos they are they are tired of thinking, tired of worrying......

If a person is hungry, how can he understand music?.......... It is sheer absurdity to ask him to listen to classical music when he is hungry.......... Or to tell him to meditate.... He cannot think anything , cannot think anything about God. , his mind will flicker and waver.... it will go again and again to his empty stomach..... No, he cannot love poetry and he cannot love music whn the first needs are unfulfilled..... Give him fulfillment in the first, primary needs  food, shelter, love n then suddenly the energy is released from the lower world and he will start reading poetry, listening to music.. he will enjoy dancing....I think these are luxuries..... they only come into existence when lower needs are fulfilled...! then only he/she understand these ARTsBig smile
-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 8:36am | IP Logged
I'd have to say that music is it's highest art. As Angel Bhabhi said, I can totally lose myself into music and music is valued very highly in the Indian society but yet some parents don't let their kids learn classical music Angry

Go to top