FF: Ek Paal Epi pg103 April 1 - Page 76

Posted: 13 years ago
loved it....loved it...loved it...

it was amazing....👏

finally they became one...together joined for eternity.....

loved the way maan tied the payal on her ankles...he had kept it all those years...just like she did....

loved the eccentric😆wedding planners...both pinky n nancy...too much...but at least the wedding happened without any mistake...

marco n maan gr8 friends...both want to kill dev ...👍🏼..nice...

those 3 really ripped off maan...$2000 each...but maan will do or give anything for his misti...😳...

now waiting for the epilogue...😍
madam ke nakhre tauba tauba...i meant that for ur last line...
waise laalacj buri bala hai..so..u should count the people who give u one liners too..haan..
mmm now the updte...woah..atlast they are married and loved the briber..poor MSK is gonna go bankrupt with his wedding bills itself...hehe..
now wht else u want me to write..i didnt cry..come on ffor the first time u dibt kill anyone..or made geet cry..or...make maan seem like a maniac..so i smiled...
mmm bas i cant think of anyting more to write..i have sec one to read yet..
PS: the length of the updates when i just give it a scroll literally gives me heart attack..
I simply loved it Jaz.. The marriage, him trying to meet her all is so so cute !!!!

Have to praise you again for your brilliant command on the story. I mean when one reads it, its like a classic.

It like this is the only way it is meant to be...

Keep up the great work !! 
WOW!!!...finally maneet became one!....i m soooooo happy!!!!!!

superb ending!

waiting 4 an epilogue!

continue soon!

Lovely update…perfect ending to the story…I loved the fact that they got married right where their story started….Glad to finally know that you believe in happy endings too!

Thanks for the super long update...😆

This was really a beautiful story and you narrated it also very beautifully! Thanks, Jaz!

Waiting for the epilogue now…<Yeah, I am greedy like that>

That was just superb and what not....really awesome...Maaneet finally one...
loved it to core...Jaz u are too good...👏👏👏👏

hai Jaz.. i jst finished reading all ur maaneet's  FF..
ALL were wonderful.
Perfect ending for this FF. It was a beautiful story.
I really luved d way u narrated every details.
Eagerly waiting for d epilogue.

Amazing end!!
Did you stop sending PMs? Apparently I havent been getting any for the past couple of updates... read the last few at 1 stretch & mst say I was missing smthing!!

Thanks

-Kads

Hello everyone 😃...here is the much awaited Epilogue of Ek Paal...hope you all enjoy it and cant wait for comments...please read past the last post for a message...thanks 😳

Epilogue

Mitwa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrHlHKZWYhA

Mere maan yeh bata deh tu

Kis orr chala hai tu

Kya paya nahin tune

Kya dhund raha hai tu

Jo hai ankahee joh hai ansuni

Woh baath kya hai bata

Mitwa kahe dhadkane tujhse kya

Mitwa yeh khudse toh naa tu chupa

Santa Monica Pier, CA – 2 years later

Geet was standing in her most favorite place in the world, Santa Monica Pier. She was just taking in the familiar scenery in front of her as she waited for her workaholic husband to join her. As she thought of her husband, Maan Singh Khurana, a smile spread across her face. They had been blissfully married for just over two years. Those two years had been the best in her life so far. After all of the heart ache that she suffered at the hands of her ex-husband, Manmeet, she finally saw what true happiness was all about.

Life had been a whirlwind, but in a good way. Life had been unexpected, but in a good way. Life had been crazy, but in a good way. Life had been almost perfect, but something was missing.

The past two years passed in a blur. They had spent three glorious weeks in Aruba for their honeymoon. However, after that Maan had become busy shifting the home base of his company from London to Los Angeles. Once he was settled in out here, he began getting more and more contracts; which meant more and more work. He did have help in the form of Nancy and Pinky. Nancy had quit her job at the hotel, only to happily. She had been absolutely ecstatic the day she told their boss to "shove it". Pinky had graduated from UCLA and was now an architect in Maan's company. Of course, Maan spent half the day trying to pry Nancy and Pinky away form each other – either they were gossiping or at each others throats.

Nancy was now seeing a very nice gentleman named Steven Sandoval. They had met through Maan, because he was employed at Maan's company – he was the head of accounting. Pinky on the other hand, had met a very nice young fellow at school, Adi Kapoor. They had been dating for about a year. Even Marco had managed to get a lovely girl, who he married only 7 months back, Gloria. Everything was going good for everyone. Everyone was happy, everything was perfect. Well, almost perfect.

Geet glanced at her watch and saw that it was nearly 6pm. Maan was supposed to have met her nearly an hour ago. She had big news to tell him. The moment they had hoped for, prayed for, and even planned for, was finally here. What better place than to break the good news to him than the pier. The pier was a witness to their love and their journey. The pier was what had brought them together, the pier is what kept them together.

It was getting a bit chilly so Geet turned to go get a sweater from her car when she saw Maan running down the bike path.

"I'm so sorry Mishti," he said as he came to a stop in front of Geet. "I completely lost track of time in the meeting."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," Geet said as she gave him the cold shoulder. "Don't make excuses, just admit that for you work is more important than your wife."

Maan put his arms around Geet and hugged her. "You know that's not true. My wife is my life." He teased her as he placed a kiss on her cheek.

"You have kept me waiting for nearly one hour! One hour!" Geet yelled. "You could have at least called." Geet was becoming distracted by the kisses Maan was showering on her. Trying to gather her thoughts and keep her anger intact, Geet pulled away. "Your kisses are not going to win me over this time Mr. Singh Khurana!"

Maan knew he was trouble, but he wasn't worried. He knew exactly how to pacify his wife, in fact, he had managed to turn pacifying into an art form.

"Mishti, I am really sorry," he said as he pulled out a single long stemmed rose from his coat. "I'm really really sorry." This time he pulled out a single chocolate kiss from his pocket. "I'm really really really sorry." Finally he pulled out an orchid.

"Maan," Geet whispered as she took the orchid. It was her favorite flower, and Maan knew how much she loved it. "I hate that you know me so well," she said as she wrapped her arms around him.

"I love it," Maan said. They stood like that, embraced in each others arms, for a minute or two when Maan spoke up again. "So, what did you need to tell me that had to be done here?" he asked.

Suddenly, Geet became shy. She had pictured this moment in her head countless times. She had even practiced what she was going to say to him a million times on her drive to the pier. Now, her mind was a complete blank and she was nervous.

"Geet, what happened? Why are you quite?" Maan asked.

"Um…the thing is…I…" Geet was stammering.

"Mishti, you are really beginning to scare me. What happened?" Maan asked.

Geet took a deep breath and began to talk. "God has finally answered our prayers," she said as she took his hands into her own.

"What do you mean?" Maan asked.

"What do we want more than anything else in this world? What would complete our lives?" Geet asked. She was giving him an opportunity to guess.

"What? Pinky getting married?" Maan asked. He knew that Geet wanted her sister settled with Adi.

"No," Geet said trying to keep her cool. "What have we been waiting for? What news have we been dying to hear?"

"What? Oh my God, is this about the New York contract? Did I get it?" Maan asked as he looked excited.

"No," Geet said between her teeth, "Think harder. What do we both want more than anything else in this world?"

"Umm…" Maan tried to think of something.

"What do YOU say would make our lives PERFECT?" Geet asked. She could feel her calm fading quickly.

"What would make our lives prefect?" Maan repeated. Then Geet saw it click, she saw the light bulb go off in his head. Maan gave her a huge smile and said "Nancy is moving to Siberia?"

That was it. Here she was trying to tell her husband the biggest new in the world, and he was teasing her about Nancy.

"It's about time. I'll be glad to have her out of my hair. I never get a moment alone with you because of her. She just pops up all the time, out of nowhere…" Maan continued his complaints about Nancy.

Geet couldn't take it anymore. "No you idiot! Nancy is not moving to Siberia."

"Then what?" Maan asked as he became quite.

"I'm trying to tell you that I'm pregnant!" Geet finally yelled.

Maan was stunned into silence. "What?" he finally said minutes later. "Really?" He looked like a deer caught in head lights.

Geet couldn't help but laugh. "Yes, really," she said.

"You're…we are…I'm gonna…" Maan just couldn't form a sentence. He took a deep breath and calmed himself before he asked, "I'm going to be a father?"

"Yes you are," Geet said what a smile.

"Oh my God Geet! Thank you," he said as he pulled her into his arms. He hugged her tight nearly crushing her.

Maan pulled back and looked at Geet – his wife, the love of his life. They had wanted to have children right away but the doctor advised them not to. She said that Geet wasn't ready to get pregnant so soon after her miscarriage. Geet had been seeing the doctor on a regular basis and was elated when they got the green signal to have a family. Geet was afraid that she may never have children. But now, now she was pregnant. Maan was beyond happy.

Maan leaned in and placed a soft kiss on Geet's lips. "Thank you," he whispered as he took her into his arms again.

"Thank you too," Geet said as she snuggled closer.

Now it was time to break the news to the two other important people in Geet's life – Pinky and Nancy. Pinky was her sister so she couldn't wait to share the news with her. But Nancy, she was Geet's best friend and so much more. Nancy had been with her through the worst years of her life, and not once did her friendship fail. Nancy had kept Geet alive when she had wanted to die. Nancy had kept Geet smiling when all she did was cry. Geet owed Nancy her life. So did Maan.

Once Maan and Geet reached home from the beach she glanced at the clock, it was just past seven in the evening. Geet knew that by 7:30pm Pinky and Nancy would come barreling in for dinner. It was a Friday and that meant family dinner. It was a tradition Geet set up so that at least once a week they could all get together for a meal. She knew that Gloria and Marco were on their way. Adi left a message saying he would be a bit late because he had a quick errand to run for work.

True to form, it was 7:29 when Pinky and Nancy came in laughing about something they had just heard on the radio. They knew Geet was in the kitchen so they went straight there.

"Mmm. What smells so good?" Nancy asked.

"I'm making Italian tonight," Geet said.

"Ooo! What is going on?" Pinky asked as she grabbed a water bottle and sat at the table. "You only make Italian when it's a special occasion."

Nancy joined Geet in the kitchen and began helping her cut mushrooms. "Pinky is right. What's going on?"

"Nothing," Geet said, suppressing a smile.

Maan walked into the kitchen with a bottle of wine.

"Jiju, what's going on? Why is Didi making Italian?" Pinky asked.

"Nothing. I guess you could say she just had a craving," Maan teased.

"O…kay," Pinky and Nancy said.

"Forget this food talk. Didi, you know what I found out at work today?" Pinky asked.

"What?" Geet was busy at the stove sauting the veggies.

"Carla from marketing, her sister is pregnant. She's going to be an aunt," Nancy said.

"Didi, I want to be a Massi," Pinky whined.

"Pinky you say the same thing every time I see you," Geet complained.

"I know but me and Nancy want to be Massi's. Right Nancy?"

"Absolutely," Nancy responded as she chewed on a carrot.

"Ok fine," Geet agreed.

Pinky and Nancy looked at Geet and Maan, who were both smiling.

"Ok fine, what?" Nancy asked.

"Ok, I'll make you two Massi's," Geet said.

"How?" Pinky asked.

Just then Marco and Gloria walked in with a chocolate cake.

"If you don't know how babies are made, UCLA didn't teach you much. I think you need a sex-ed class," Marco teased.

"Ok eww!" Nancy said, as she tossed the carrot she was chewing on in the trash and made a face.

"I mean, when?" Pinky clarified.

"Oh, I'd say in about eight months…give or take…," Maan said as he leaned against the counter right next to Geet.

"What?" Pinky and Nancy said at the same time.

It took a moment for the information to set in.

"Oh my God! You're pregnant!" Nancy yelled.

Geet shook her head. Both girls squealed with excitement and began jumping up and down. The rushed to hug her but found Maan in the way. Nancy shoved Maan aside so hard and he nearly fell over.

"Congratulations!" Nancy said to Geet.

"Congratulations to you too," Geet said.

Then, Pinky and Nancy pulled away from Geet and embraced each other.

"Congratulations! We are going to be Massi's!" they yelled.

The congratulations went on the rest of the night. It was definitely a memorable dinner.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*continued below*

I
I
I
V

Edited by jnawaz - 13 years ago