Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikipuki thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
I went back and read your now 3 day old update (subtle hint for an update), anyway I digress, why does Geet continue to be with Dev? Looks like she is stretched thin but kind of financially independent which is the primary reason why women tend to stay in an abusive relationship? What is she waiting for? Somebody (Maan) to push her or support her? 

Anyway, Wish you a very Happy New Year!
sweet scorpio thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
superb!

poor geet!

dev is ssooo rude!

was that geet?

continue soon!
jnawaz thumbnail
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my readers!! 😳...hope you all started the year off with a BANG!

before i get to the update...i have a few things to say...so pls bare with me...

#1: i really...REALLY appreciate that you guys wait for my updates and are interested in reading my writing...really i do! it means a lot...but please understand i have other commitments as well...when i see comments like "update now"..."havent you tested our patience" ..."update already"...it really annoys me! its like the person is demanding an update...when i see comments like that...i delay on purpose..i know...im evil 😉...it sucks cuz everyone ends up suffering...i dont mind you requesting updates...like shreya does...im sure youve seen the tantrums...but be nice about it...try not to order me (or other writers) around...im just saying...

#2: im sending out PM's for the update but bare with me cuz as per IF policy...only 60 pm's per hour and im updating both ff's...
😃

#3: I've included links to the songs at the beginning and end in case anyone was interested to listen to the songs or if they wanted to know where i got the songs from.

#4: new character entry in this update...and she's one of my favs! 😉

now...bohot hogaya bashan...lets get to the update...

Part 3

Baahon Ke Darmiyaan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6gENVGJoSY

Baahon ke darmiyaan do pyaar mil rahe hain
Jaane kya bole mann dole sunke badan
Dhadkan bani zubaan

Khulte badn hote labhon ki ye ankahi
Khulte badn hote labhon ki ye ankahi
Mujhse keh rahi hai ki badhne de bekhudi
Mil yoon ki daud jaayein nas nas mein bijliyaan

Dhadkan bani zubaan
Baahon ke darmiyaan

Aasmaan ko bhi ye haseen raaz hai pasand
Aasmaan ko bhi ye haseen raaz hai pasand
Uljhi uljhi saanson ki aawaaz hai pasand
Moti luta rahi hai saawan ki badliyaan

Dhadkan bani zubaan
Baahon ke darmiyaan

Santa Monica Pier (late at night):

Maan stared at the figure in front of him for a few seconds, he was sure that his eyes were playing tricks on him. He had been visiting the pier for the past few years, since his encounter with Mishti, but he had never seen anyone out here, that too so late at night. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and let it out slowly, and then he opened his eyes again. He was confident that once his eyes were open again, he wouldn't see anything except sand and water, but he was wrong. In front of him were the larger then life wooden pillars of the pier, the dark sands of the beach, the roaring fury of the ocean, and a few hundred feet away was the small body of someone huddled into a ball near one of the large pillars.

Slowly Maan took steps closer and closer to the body of the person. He placed each step with care and fear, he held his breath, afraid that if he moved too fast he would cause image to disappear. As he inched closer his heart began to race, his palms became sweaty, and his mind raced with a million and one questions. Soon, he was only a few feet away; he was so close that he could hear the muffled sobs, the wet sniffles and the ragged breaths. He could now clearly see that this person was actually a female person. She looked disheveled in her miss matched clothing and her hair was a mess. 

Maan remembered the night all those years ago that he had met his Mishti. He wasn't the kind of person that went around offering handkerchiefs or shoulders for people to cry on, but that night with Mishti had been different, he felt like he had to reach out to her.

On some level, he felt the same compulsion and need this night. He felt like he had seen this woman so that he could help her. He wasn't stupid; he knew that this wasn't going to be his Mishti. He was sure that his Mishti had moved on and was living a happy life; her need for the solidarity from the pier had begun and ended with that one night. He knew that this was the last place Mishti would be after all these years.

Maan slowly walked up to the crying figure and debated on whether he should of should not disturb the already grief stricken woman. He had decided that he would be the guy he had been all those years ago with Mishti; he would be that that guy one last time.

A sense of dj-vu filled him as he placed one hand on the woman's shoulder and asked, "Are you alright miss?"

The woman slowly turned her face as she wiped off the tears from her cheeks. Both Maan's and the woman's eyes went wide in shock, their mouths formed an 'O' shape as if trying to say something, but nothing came out. The stared into each others eyes as if they were looking for recognition from deep within their souls.

Moments of silence passed by as neither one had the courage to say anything. Finally it was Maan that broke the silence; he had finally found his voice and some courage as he whispered a soft, almost inaudible word.

"Mishti?"

As soon as the word left his mouth and hit her ears the tears flowed as if the dam that was holding them back had finally lost the battle and broken. She began to cry out in heart wrenching sobs that shock Maan to the core. It took only a nano-second for Maan to be on the sand next to her, cradling her in his arms.

He held her close to his heart as she cried on him. The million and one questions had multiplied ten fold, as his mind buzzed with questions from left, right and center. He couldn't fathom that after all these years he was seeing his Mishti in the same place where they had met…but like this, he would have never imagined.

As she cried, he held her, rocked her back and forth, stroked her hair, and whispered in her ears to get her to calm down. Seeing her crying like this was tearing his heart into a million pieces; he couldn't bare it. After what seemed like ages, but was only a few minutes, the sobs subsided and Mishti fell silent.

That is when Maan took the plunge, "Mishti, what happened? Why are you here, like this?"

She slowly pushed herself away from his body, and stared at his face. She wiped her tears as if trying to get a better view of him.

"M...M…Maan?" she stuttered.

All Maan could do was smile and nod his head as her cold hands met his face, as if to seek reassurance that he was real.

"Maan, is it really you?" she asked again.

"Yes Mishti, it is really me," he replied softly.

She got to her knees and threw her arms around him and hugged in tight. It was as if she was holding on for dear life, and Maan could only reciprocate the feelings. Suddenly, she fell limp and inched herself away.

Maan looked at her confused,

"Mishti?" he called.

"No! No! No! I am not Mishti, I am no ones Mishti! I am Geet Handa…no wait…I am Geet Malho…I'm…I'm…what does it matter who I am."

"Mishti…"

"Why are you here Maan?! Why did you come back?! Why now?! Where were you when I needed you?! You weren't there for me when I really needed you, so why have you come back now?!" she yelled.

"Mish…" Maan began, only to be cut of by her again.

"You weren't there when I cried myself to sleep every night. You weren't there when my life turned upside down. You weren't there when my family was taken away from me. I needed you but you weren't there. What makes you think I need you now?! Go, just go away!" she yelled.

She began to stumble backwards, but Maan shot to his own feet before she could fall. He steadied her by putting an arm around her waist. He was now terrified for her.

"Mishti listen…"

She shoved against him hard causing him to lose balance and fall into the sand. Taking advantage of his situation she began stepping away quickly.

"I am not Mishti! I am Geet…do you hear me…Geet! Now go away! I don't need you! I don't want you!" she sobbed.

Before Maan could get up she began running away from him, all the while wiping tears from her face.

"Mishti…Geet…Damn it…Wait!" Maan yelled at her.

However, she didn't stop, not for a moment; she kept going. Maan ran after her but came to stop at the parking lot. He was hunched over at the knees trying to breathe as he saw an out dated, barely working car zoom past him towards the exit.

That night Maan returned home with a mission on his mind. He was so strung out that he didn't need caffeine or sugar to keep him up. As soon as he got back into his suite, he jumped head first into his project.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The shrill ringing of the phone woke Geet up. She opened her heavy eyes with great effort and glanced around the room. She saw that she was lying flat on her stomach on the large couch in her living room. When she turned her head she saw Dev's car keys on the coffee table, her flip flops were carelessly discarded near the door, and her cell phone lying on the floor near the couch.

Her head throbbed as she sat up, and soon it began to spin and she felt queasy, and only one thought came to mind "This is what a hang over must feel like."

Geet put a hand on her head to try and stop the spinning. Her entire body was sore and she felt every ounce of pain as she stretched. She let out a great big yawn as she tried to figure out what happened last night, and how she ended up on the couch like this.    

She remembered coming home to a clearly angered Dev, she remembered that transpired between the two of them in the bed room, she even remembered rushing out of the house in the early morning hours of the night with Dev's car keys; from there, however, it was a blur. She tried to remember when some memories floated back to her. She had ended up going to the pier, not a shocking fact because she found herself there often. She remembered yelling at something about something, but the details escaped.

The vibration of her phone told her that she had messages. When her feet hit the ground, the memories from the rest of the night came rushing back like the waves of the ocean. She remembered crying and then someone calling her 'Mishti'. She vaguely remembered someone trying to comfort her, and for some reason she thought it was Maan. Geet shook her head as if that was going to shake out the thoughts of Maan. It was as if Maan had been there last night talking to her and comforting her. Giving her head another shake she put all of that down to delusion. She had been tired, stressed and on top of all that Dev hadn't helped the situation.

The incessant ringing of her phone brought her back down to reality from her thoughts. Looking at the screen she saw Nancy, her co-worker's name flashing on the screen.

"Hello?" she managed to say in a groggy voice.

"Geet, dear Lord, how long does it take to answer your phone? I have been calling you for the past half hour," Nancy said exasperated.

"Sorry…what happened…where is the fire, why are you after me?"

"You have to get into work," Nancy demanded.

"Yeah I know, I'm scheduled for the late shift, so I should be there in a few hours."

"No, let me rephrase - you had to get into work an hour ago."

"What?!" Geet yelled in confusion.

"Yeah, some big time business man or hotelier is coming to stay at our hotel for a meeting or something. Mr. SUHA is going crazy and is demanding that all his shift supervisors be present ASAP."

Geet felt an unintentional smile creep up onto her face at the mention of Mr. SUHA. Mr. SUHA was actually Mr. Randal – their boss - but Nancy had given him the nickname of Mr. Stick-Up-His-Ass, or SUHA for short. Mr. Randal was always in a foul mood, never had Geet seen him so much as grin in the past few years.

"Ok Nancy, thanks for calling. I just need to shower and then I'll be on my way in. Just give me 45 min. You think you can manage him until I get there?"

"Yeah, no problem; just hurry."

Bidding their goodbyes, Geet quickly headed to the bedroom to hit the shower. She hoped that a warm shower would take out some of the knots in her shoulder and back before she headed for work. Entering the room she saw that Dev was still sleeping, or passed out, on the bed. She tip-toed and quietly took her things and went into the adjoined bathroom.

After fifteen minutes Geet came out dressed in her uniform for Angels Hotel shift supervisor, her day job. The uniform consisted of an A-line black skirt that reached just past her knees, a white silk blouse, and black fitted blazer; the outfit was complete with a black belt that cringed at the waist. When she lifted her eyes up she saw Dev sitting up on the bed. He was looking at her with questioning eyes.

"Um, they called me into work early. Mr. Randal wants all the shift supervisors present as soon as possible." Geet offered an explanation even before Dev had asked for it.

"Whatever," was all Dev said.

Geet continued to get ready as she put on some eyeliner, mascara and sheer lip gloss. She clipped on some diamond earrings, clasped on a silver chain around her neck and her watch around her wrist. Geet was slipping into her black heels when Dev spoke.

"When will you be home today?" Dev asked.

"I should be getting off around eight o' clock. I don't have to go into the other job today." Geet informed him.

"Ok, then I will pick you up today."

"Ok, no problem." Geet had learned early on that I was good to just go with what Dev said.

Arguing with him only caused her problems.

"Bye" she said as she exited the house and walked to the bus stop.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was nearly 3 o' clock in the afternoon when Geet finally got a chance to take a break. The Angels Hotel was in havoc since this morning. The CEO of Sweetheart Hotels had chosen their hotel to stay in through out the duration of his stay in So-Cal. Mr. Randal, the GM of the hotel, was in a mad dash to get everything prepared before the nameless celebrity arrived. Mr. Randal refused to tell the staff who exactly was coming, why, only he knew. Geet and the other shift supervisors had made sure his room was ready just as he liked it, they made sure that the kitchen had a stock pile of all of his favorite foods, they made sure that he had the best that Angels Hotel had to offer. His room was stacked with the latest editions of news papers from across the world, fresh cut flowers and spotless furniture.

Geet could tell that the celebrity had arrived because all the employees in the staff lounge had suddenly shuffled out in a hurry. Geet stayed back and enjoyed the last few sips of her coffee. As she was cleaning up and getting ready to head back to work Nancy walked in and had the dreamiest look in her eyes.

"Oh my God! What a hunk of man he is," Nancy said.

"Who is?" asked Geet.

"The CEO of Sweetheart Hotels; he is a mix of all the hot men you can think of, but with an exotic twist. Really Geet, you should check him out." Nancy explained.

"In case you have forgotten, I am married," Geet reminded as she waved her left ring finger in the air.  

Nancy made a funny face at Geet before she continued.

"Looking never hurt anyone!" Nancy said before prancing off from the lounge.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ever since it was announced that the CEO of Sweetheart Hotels had arrived, the entire staff of Angels Hotel were running around like mad people. Mr. Randal was beside himself because he was informed at 5 o' clock pm that the VIP guest would be having dinner and a meeting in their restaurant at 6 o' clock. This meeting/dinner was to contain not only the VIP guest, but also many other CEO's from various other high profile companies. Mr. Randal was at the point of hyperventilation because currently it was already 5:45pm.

Geet took one last around the sequestered area of the dining room reserved specially for the dinner tonight. Various white candles illuminated the area along with the soft over head lights, the linen was white, the pristine gold plated china set out with the silverware, the chairs were covered in white fabric with a golden bow tied at the middle; the final and most beautiful touch was the flowers. The florist had arranged various flowers of various colors in crystal vases and placed them across the table. The setting was perfect and it was almost show time.

Geet was so into her work that she hadn't heard the guests clamor into the dining room. It wasn't until the waiters began rushing out with drinks and appetizers that she realized that the curtain was up. Geet quickly rushed to get some music playing on the overhead stereo system. Geet had personally made sure that music that played was nice and soothing, something that was nice in the background but didn't disturb the diners.

It was 7 o' clock and things were running smoothly, no thanks to Mr. Randal who was trying to keep himself from hyperventilating. Geet noticed that the CD that was playing was almost finished, she put a new CD into the CD changer because she didn't want the tracks to repeat, it was very tacky to do that, so she thought. As the new tracks played Geet lost herself in the music.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Maan was duly impressed with the setting of Angels Hotel. He wasn't sure if staying at another competitor's hotel would sit well with him since he was already frustrated with his encounter with Geet at the pier. However, once he stepped into the hotel, he was consumed with critiquing each and every detail. He was highly impressed with the dinner arrangements. Maan knew that he hadn't given the staff enough notice that he would be having guests join him for dinner; he thought that they would screw up. Maan had to admit that everything was perfect; the ambiance, the atmosphere and the food was great.

He was about to take another bite of his Chicken Parmesan when a familiar sound filled the air waves. The fork stayed suspended in midair between his hand and his mouth as the familiarity sunk in like a forgotten memory finally coming back. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wfYIMyS_dI

Who can say
where the road goes
where the day flows
only time
And who can say
if your love grows
as your heart chose
only time

Who can say
why your heart sighs
as your love flies
only time
And who can say
why your heart cries
when your love lies
only time

Who can say
when the roads meet
that love might be
in your heart
And who can say
when the day sleeps
if the night keeps
all your heart

Maan's concentration drifted from the meeting and issues at hand to the most unforgettable dance of his life time; his dance with Mishti. He knew this song and its lyrics by heart; it was a song that he loved and cherished, and it was a song he listened to once in a blue moon.

Night keeps all your heart

Who can say
if your love grows
as your heart chose
only time
And who can say
where the road goes
where the day flows
only time

Who knows - only time
Who knows - only time

(Song= 'Only Time' by Enya *Maneet danced to this song in the prologue*)

Somehow he had managed to get through the dinner. He had told the clients that he would get back to them in a few days once he had a chance to properly go over the proposal and details of the project. He excused himself from the group and headed to the lobby to have a chat with the manager.

"Hello Mr. Khurana, how can I be of service?" asked Mr. Randal with a quivering voice.

"Well first I'd like to say that I am enjoying my stay here…so far," Maan said.

"Well I am glad to hear that."

"There is something I would like to ask you. I would like to know who makes the music selection for the dinner."

"No problems I hope?" Mr. Randal asked with fear in his eyes.

"No, no not at all. I just wanted to give my personal compliments on the selection."

"Oh, ok, why don't you wait over by the fireplace and I will send her over."

"Great," Maan said as he made his way to the couch by the fire place.

After a minute or two Maan heard the distinctive tapping of heels on the marble flooring; he also caught the fragrance of Jasmine in the air. The tapping grew louder and louder until it finally stopped right behind him.

"Hello Sir, how can I be of service?" came a soft, delicate voice that seemed to tug at Maan's heat strings.

Maan quickly got to his feet and turned to face the person behind him, whom he thought was going to be a stranger…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Geet stood rooted on the spot where she stood; her eyes wide with shock and her mouth literally gaping open. Mr. Randal had told her that he VIP client, CEO of Sweetheart Hotels had wanted to see her and compliment her on her outstanding selection of music for the dinner. Geet quickly straightened herself out and went to the meet the man of the hour, who was waiting for her in the lobby.

As she approached the man from behind she could tell he was a confident person. His shoulders were squared and straight, his hair was wavy but still tamed, and he wore a black suit, which she was sure was custom tailored. Even from the back there was something familiar about him, like she should know who that person is. Shaking all odd thoughts out of her head, Geet took a deep breath before speaking to the stranger waiting for her.

When the 'stranger' had turned, it was like the wind was knocked out of Geet; it turned out the 'stranger' was anything but a stranger. Not believing her eyes Geet blinked swiftly a few times. She was sure that this was another joke or something that mind was playing on her, just left over thoughts form last night. However, she was wrong.  In front of her stood the CEO of Sweetheart Hotels, in front of her stood the Angel Hotels VIP guest, in front of her stood a multimillionaire, a powerful man; in front of her stood a man she had secretly yearned for the past four years, in front of her stood Maan - her Maan.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Both of them stood still, and it seemed that with them, time stood still as well. Neither one could fathom that the other was standing in front of them. After last night Maan was distraught with worry about what could have happened to his Mishti that made her react the way that she did. Geet was so sure that her seeing Maan at Santa Monica was just a figment of her imagination; she had brushed it off due to stress, or so she thought.

They stared into each others eyes, eyes filled with joy, worry and questions. The world around them faded away and it seemed like the spot light was on them; the noise faded, the colors all blended together, the people vanished. Their tongues were tied, but still they managed to say something in a barely audible whisper…

"Mishti?"

"Maan?"

Each was questioning the others existence, were they really face to face after four years? Were they awake or dreaming?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Iss Paal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgNpg1-nnyM

Iss paal main hoon, ya tum bhi ho?

Ya dono ho ke, bhi naa hai?

Kyun ho, kya ho?

Ho bhi, ke naa ho?

Yah kehna, sunna manaa hai?

Tumhe dekh ke yaad aayi,

Woh hi visri kahaani.

Dewaane ka kissa,

Ya phir ek dewaani?

Dono saang saang rehte haar daam,

Aaisa yeh, maine sunna hai.

Iss paal main hoon, ya tum bhi ho?

Ya dono ho ke, bhi naa hai?

Kyun ho, kya ho?

Ho bhi, ke naa ho?

Yah kehna, sunna manaa hai?

Iss paal main hoon…

Amiiish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Oh Jaz a lovely update, loved it, keep it up dear.
That was wonderful Jaz 👏
Dhara_s thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Yayyyy.....now Geet has to be at Maan's service for sooo many months😉😉..as long as  his project takes.. (as if she doesnt want to...😆😆😆😆😆😆)
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I was just about to go to sleep when I saw you had updated...Thanks for the update..I love this story

More tomorrow!
MystiqueDew thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
lovely update.....loved it
the pain,the frustation were well portrayed
gr8 part!!!
mchopra thumbnail
wow JAZ that was a treat..double update..hehe..
mmm so when we gonna throw DEV out..i will be wiating for that ..
mmm and he is jusy so sweet..ahhh i am in love W*H maan again..