India-Forums

Bigg Boss Season 4
Bigg Boss Season 4

Eating with left hand (Page 4)

TVmonk Senior Member
TVmonk
TVmonk

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 8:31pm | IP Logged

I had read an article in newspaper. It was about a leftist club, wherein all the members were very successful people and all grown-ups. Without exception all of them had mentioned that the only thing they were uncomfortable with was eating with right hand. Being in India, it is social no-no to eat with left hand so all of them were forced by their family to eat with right hand, but everybody said they never had a sense of satisfaction after eating.

Righties get that satisfaction after eating with right hand, and lefties get it after eating with left hand.
I have read about it and am no expert, but a very close family member is a lefty and always eats with left hand.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mistyy

atria Goldie
atria
atria

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rapier

i agree. its so much more hygienic without ur hands. we can prevent soooo many things from entering our body. it doesn't matter if you wash ur hands with soap three times. spoon/fork/spork/chopsticks (whatever utensil it isLOL) is still better than hand!

Why is that? After all dirt can adhere to utensils also.... its just a matter of habit, in the west people are used to forks etc, in the east to the hand....

rekhab25

Aps74 Groupbie
Aps74
Aps74

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blueash

everyone eats with right hand n u shud coz left hand is used  for some other work. i think u know wht..we teach kids to eat with left hand?
What don't you wash your hand after you do "other work"?????? I guess not !!! Ab Dirty kaun hua ?
Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by thickhead

i agree. its so much more hygienic without ur hands. we can prevent soooo many things from entering our body. it doesn't matter if you wash ur hands with soap three times. spoon/fork/spork/chopsticks (whatever utensil it isLOL) is still better than hand!

Dont want to argue on eating habits  but found ur comment quite odd .. 

#1. what makes u think that use of silverwares is better than washed hands ? You've made a blanket statement - "it doesn't matter if you wash ur hands with soap three times. spoon/fork/spork/chopsticks (whatever utensil it isLOL) is still better than hand" can u justify it ? any references ? or just ur fancy ? 

#2. Do u eat chips/biscuits with spoon/fork ?

So you are saying that silverware is not better than hands? Hands maybe are better to give u that satisfied feeling but is it more hygienic than silverware? I much rather eat with a spoon or fork if I can. Nothing is really 100% "germ-free" but I am quite sure that silverware has less germs then ur hands. We have more than 100 kinds of germs on our hands and I doubt any thoroughly washed and clean silverware has that many germs. If you have any information regarding this, then please do share. Washing hands can definitely get rid of many harmful germs, but does it get rid of all of them? Unless u wash ur hands in like pure alcohol, then I don't think u do. Also, when washing ur hands, not many of us are thorough. Thorough means to wash between fingers and taking care of the bacteria beneath the fingernails. Even if you do wash in those places, chances are you might have still something there. Is eating with ur washed hands gonna kill u? no. but is it better than silverware, I doubt it. Ur hands attract far more bacteria than any silverware.

As far as eating chips and all. You should try eating with utensils when u can and obviously with this u can't avoid using hands. Besides with chips and cookies, u hardly ever involve all of your fingers and hand and u certainly don't put all of your hand inside ur mouth either. So its not that bad compared to say eating rice (where the whole hand is involved and that much more likely for u to put something in ur mouth u don't want to). If u can avoid hands, do so. Otherwise don't. Simple.

Mistyy IF-Sizzlerz
Mistyy
Mistyy

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blueash

everyone eats with right hand n u shud coz left hand is used  for some other work. i think u know wht..we teach kids to eat with left hand?
there are people who are lefty from beginning, this is such a old mentality that everyone should eat with right hand. I remember when my cousin was 3 or 4 and was starting to eat by herself and write..she autimatically inclined toward left hand even though her grandma kept trying to make her right handed and now she is lefty

BIG deal

Rapier

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by atria

Why is that? After all dirt can adhere to utensils also.... its just a matter of habit, in the west people are used to forks etc, in the east to the hand....

not as much as dirt adheres to hands. ur hands have been in lots of places compared to ur utensils. and so might have more harmful germs.
milindo2 Senior Member

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rgattuRapierMeena1petticoat

Go to top