Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Dutta: Look at the totality for Nakusha's sake.

KavitaDR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

From the look of things, Kala's plans for having Nakusha thrown out of Patil Niwas because of her supposed dalliance with the "unfortunate" Suresh in a distant past would have backfired by Monday/Tuesday. And wonder of wonders, we land with the good old Seema who will attempt a recall in Dutta's life. The blazing car that Dutta had left her and the creepy garage manager in must not have been smouldering enough to engulf the two people who were the root cause of Dutta's life of crime. How would one, otherwise,  explain the miraculous comeback of Seema after having spent ten years as a "kothewali" where she must have put to some use her looks (no offence meant) to ply her trade.....Unless Dutta as usual was taken for a ride by the petrol station which sold adulterated petrol that obviously did not finish off the job. What can we say about Dutta? "Usse to kharida hua petrol bhi dhoka de jata hain".....It is laughable but we have been asking for the story to move forward and cannot complain as CV's are probably responding to our request. Their tendency to leave some frames incomplete will at last be put to a good cause.

On a serious note, I hope that this track will provide the framework for the much needed closure for Dutta on his horrendous past. It has been painful and will most probably be so for quite a while yet to see him oscillating on conflicting emotions for Nakusha to the point that it would seem that he has been deliberately indulging in some form of emotional mutilation that he drowns in his regular bouts of drunkenness these days without much "concern" for Nakusha (in spite of the fact that we know he cares). "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes". This famous quote from Marcel Proust sums up in one line the turmoil that Dutta has been going through when it comes to accepting Nakusha (the one who reigns over his heart and the one who lives in his house). The demand of the script will ensure that Seema's second stint in LTL be as short-lived as possible but it would have had the merit of allowing Dutta perceive Nakusha as the one and only person in his life (apart from Baaji to be fair) who has never questioned his integrity as a human being capable or deserving of love. Seema changed his life for the worse, Supriya added insult to injury and Nakusha was meant to heal all the wounds  that Dutta let fester his soul to the point that he has no notion of  how his self-harming must be destructive for Nakusha and her belief systems. I have never been an ardent fan of people in real life taking all their troubles to the Almighty, but Nakusha's unwavering faith in Bappa gives me hope that when all fails, God (whatever be our perception of the intangible powers restoring goodness in this world) will intervene to re-establish the lore of divine, poetic justice.

So Dutta, welcome to the totality of it [all], the sensations in your body, the sound of Nakusha's voice and your perceptions, your thoughts and your prejudices. All of that is at a zero distance from you. All of that is in you. Even if you created the thought that the Gori Nakusha is separate from the Nakusha you have perceived in your mind, this thought itself is one more appearance from which you are not separate. Some will call it "coming full circle" as per Lizdarcy's post, I will call it the much needed graduation from this mysterious silence that you have let propagate your inner being. Should you pass this agnipareeksha with flying colours, you will have every right to reach out to our Nakusha, the one and only person who loves you unconditionally. Edited by KavitaDR - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
will respond after reading the whole post.. RESPONDING😛

Loved your choice of words as always..
just for the record when dutta shot that car..both seema and the garage ownwer were outside as he had dragged them out...he just wanted to insult seema by treating her like a S***....(sorry.)...he didn't try to kill them..so being the glitch finder as i am..i knew the CVs were keeping a door open for futher track and Viola..Seema comes back!

Coming to dutta needing to prove his love...well hell yeah...it's high time he comes out of self pity and egoistic outlook that seems to have clouded his mind...i agree that the fact your wife and friend nakku disclosed her biggest truth infront of everyone but was not trusting enough to tell you..but then you have committed some mistakes too..i want to see him burn in love to the extent that he can't even breathe without saying her name..if nakku vows not to show him her face...he should tarapo like jal bin machli for her glimpse..and then nakku should set him free of the marriage like he did previously during first marriage...he has been saying that he is unaffected and doesn't see her as his wife...i want to see him eat his words..fullstop,comma and all.Hope this seema track makes this happen..and fast ...me not ready to wait much..but then maybe i would...as i love this show to bits.

Edited by shilpita87 - 13 years ago
KavitaDR thumbnail
@shilpita87
will respond after reading the whole post..

Dear Shilpi,

Will look forward to that.
😊
lizdarcy thumbnail
Right you are! Hmmm...graduation? Kind of, considering that Dutta needs this closure before he moves to the next level of his love story. I remember mentioning once that Dutta needs to be jolted out of this complacent phase he's in. He has always had it easy with Nakusha. It's time he proved his love, for a change. The third angle track maybe, was meant to affirm Dutta's love and not Naku's chastity. And Seema's comeback is so that he finally gives in. I always wanted one of his exes to come back. With Seema in front of him, he will truly understand Jagtap's words. Jisse tune dhoka khaya, woh tera pyar tha hi nahi. He will experience love in full force now, when he sees it clear that it is only Nakusha he wants. I'm looking forward to this track coz somehow i feel it'll bring Dutta peace. Let the CVs bring in more cheap twists, i'm never gonna doubt their judgement. The treatment more than makes up. Mwaah.

Coming to Naku's faith, i find her unbelievably daft at times. But i then remember that she's an illiterate whose faith defines her existence. She believes in God the way we believe(rather half-heartedly)in new age self help mantras and power and ambition. I mean, faith like this exists only in the most chaste of hearts. I used to find her sickeningly superstitious at first, now i am truly humbled. I wish i believed in something that fervently. Atleast myself.

Learning a new lesson everyday.
ltl_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Loved your post Kavita but wanted to make one correction.  When Dutta put the mechanic owner's car ablaze Seema was out of the car.  He had first taken the mechanic owner out of the car and beaten him badly and while he was beating the guy Seema had stepped out of the car to stop him.  He then was targeting the gun at Seema but she had begged him to spare her and he had just thrown some money at her and told her that is all what she is worth (or something like that).  Even then the CVs had left it at that time so that she could make a return.
KavitaDR thumbnail

@lizdarcy

Right you are! Hmmm...graduation? Kind of, considering that Dutta needs this closure before he moves to the next level of his love story. I remember mentioning once that Dutta needs to be jolted out of this complacent phase he's in. He has always had it easy with Nakusha. It's time he proved his love, for a change. The third angle track maybe, was meant to affirm Dutta's love and not Naku's chastity. And Seema's comeback is so that he finally gives in. I always wanted one of his exes to come back. With Seema in front of him, he will truly understand Jagtap's words. Jisse tune dhoka khaya, woh tera pyar tha hi nahi. He will experience love in full force now, when he sees it clear that it is only Nakusha he wants. I'm looking forward to this track coz somehow i feel it'll bring Dutta peace. Let the CVs bring in more cheap twists, i'm never gonna doubt their judgement. The treatment more than makes up. Mwaah.

Coming to Naku's faith, i find her unbelievably daft at times. But i then remember that she's an illiterate whose faith defines her existence. She believes in God the way we believe(rather half-heartedly)in new age self help mantras and power and ambition. I mean, faith like this exists only in the most chaste of hearts. I used to find her sickeningly superstitious at first, now i am truly humbled. I wish i believed in something that fervently. Atleast myself.

Learning a new lesson everyday.

Hi Liz,

Well everyone agrees on Dutta's need to be jolted out of complacency. He restored my trust this week by telling Nakusha that he never doubted her cnastity. I want him to go further now and remember all the vows (spoken and unspoken that he has made to Nakusha, in public, in private. That is the last hurdle and yes maybe an ex or exes may achieve that and he finds peace at last. And knowing the Dutta we know, we can, safely, assume that he will rise up to our expectations. I just hope that this track is not given more importance that it may deserve but rather concentrate on Dutta's evaluation of Nakusha's place in his life.

As to Nakusha's blind faith , as you say, one learns everyday. Had everyone in this world made faith the central point of our belief in ourself and humanity at large, the world would be a better place to live in.
😊

KavitaDR thumbnail

@ltl~fan

Loved your post Kavita but wanted to make one correction.  When Dutta put the mechanic owner's car ablaze Seema was out of the car.  He had first taken the mechanic owner out of the car and beaten him badly and while he was beating the guy Seema had stepped out of the car to stop him.  He then was targeting the gun at Seema but she had begged him to spare her and he had just thrown some money at her and told her that is all what she is worth (or something like that).  Even then the CVs had left it at that time so that she could make a return.

Hi!
Should I say, i stand chastened 😳, but no thank you for the correcttion. I have to confess that when, it comes to oblieterate every aspect that has made life hell for Dutta, I tend to do the same hence the fact that I do not recall this bit where Seema may have been out of the car. All the more reason for me to go back to March now as I will need to put  those events in perspective before Seema's re-entry in LTL. Thank you😊
Edited by KavitaDR - 13 years ago
KavitaDR thumbnail
@shilpita87

Loved your choice of words as always..
just for the record when dutta shot that car..both seema and the garage ownwer were outside as he had dragged them out...he just wanted to insult seema by treating her like a S***....(sorry.)...he didn't try to kill them..so being the glitch finder as i am..i knew the CVs were keeping a door open for futher track and Viola..Seema comes back!

Coming to dutta needing to prove his love...well hell yeah...it's high time he comes out of self pity and egoistic outlook that seems to have clouded his mind...i agree that the fact your wife and friend nakku disclosed her biggest truth infront of everyone but was not trusting enough to tell you..but then you have committed some mistakes too..i want to see him burn in love to the extent that he can't even breathe without saying her name..if nakku vows not to show him her face...he should tarapo like jal bin machli for her glimpse..and then nakku should set him free of the marriage like he did previously during first marriage...he has been saying that he is unaffected and doesn't see her as his wife...i want to see him eat his words..fullstop,comma and all.Hope this seema track makes this happen..and fast ...me not ready to wait much..but then maybe i would...as i love this show to bits.

Dear Shilpi,

Thanks for pointing out the glitches….I stand chastened as I wrote in my reply to ltl-fan. I am probably "victim" to the partial amnesia that the CVs sometimes suffer….and may have rubbed off me. 😆😆😆

To come back to Dutta, I am not sure whether I want to see him completely on his knees in front of Nakusha. It is normal for relationships in society to determinate in power/ego struggles over what is right or wrong but this would never have crossed the mind of the Nakusha we know. For the latter, Dutta is "God" and she would not dream of adding to his trauma but her decision to stand her ground when it comes to her chastity is absolutely right. Dutta needs a dose of his own medicine and a bit of role reversal with him on the hot seat for once will do him a world of good. He should realise that suffering is caused by ignorance irrespective of whether it is caused by him or Nakusha and that man should not inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of a misguided/disproportionate sense of one's ego and self-righteousness.