'~*~*Ranveer 'Bittoo' Singh FC*~*'~ - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
Fourth promo is HILARIOUS🤣

The Movies I Loved Growing Up: Ranveer Singh

Mid-Day.com
Updated Dec 20, 2010 at 05:25pm IST

The Band Baaja Baraat hero lists his pick of flicks…

Raja Babu: I have watched it about thirty times. I am a big fan of David Dhawan and love all his films but this one is special. When I was a kid, my friends used to tease me and call me a mama's boy — the urban Raja Babu.

Life Is Beautiful: I watched it at a stage where I was just not doing anything constructive with my life, but after watching I cut my long hair short and began to appreciate what my parents had done for me, the importance of family and count my blessings.

Full Metal Jacket: I used to think guns and violence were macho and cool. But after watching this violent film, I started despising violence. I realised violence is not cool and peace and love are the most important.

Scarface: I had given up my dream to become an actor when I watched this film. Al Pacino's performance was amazing and it completely blew me away. It pushed me towards pursuing my own acting ambitions.

Taxi Driver: I first watched this Martin Scorsese film as part of a filmmaking course I was doing. Till then, I had watched only feel good cinema. This film broadened my horizon and made me realise that every film does not have to have a happy ending.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/the-movies-i-loved-growing-up-ranveer-singh/138047-8-66.html

I and Anushka are good friends--Ranveer

by padmapreetham - December 21, 2010 - 0 comments ShareThis

The 'Band Baaja Baaraat' star Ranveer is thanking the stars for making him a successful actor and making his dream come true.

The actor, who shared a crackling chemistry with his co-star Anushka Sharma in the romantic sequences in the film, says that they are only good friends and denies the rumors surrounding them.

In a recent interview, when asked about his co-star Anushka Sharma, Ranveer stated, "She and I are very good friends. How can I change that truth just because it sounds clichd?

"Neither of us is bothered with what people say."

After having delighted the audience with their sizzling chemistry in this romantic comedy film, Ranveer rubbished all the rumors about them and stated that his main focus was to perform well and his co-star was quite supportive while working in the film.

"I was too much into my work to even think about those rumours. I just wanted to perform well.

"That was my only concern. I've never been in a serious relationship so far. And now my career has just started," said Ranveer.

Ranveer is happy for not changing his name
It's learnt that the actor was earlier not happy with his name since his name sounds similar to the youngest Kapoor scion Ranbir, and Ranveer was planning to change his name.

However, now the actor is content that he didn't change his name in an impulse since destiny has made him to retain it after making a mark in the industry in his first film.

"I am glad I didn't. This is my name. This is my destiny. I'm just so happy," said the Bitoo Sharma of 'Band Baaja Baaraat'.

Ranveer not interested to do a romcom

Having shown his acting skills in the romcom 'Band Baaja Baaraat', Ranveer is quite clear that his second film shouldn't be in the same genre and he wants to expand his learning curve to different genre of films.

"I can't be continuing to do the same thing film after film. Now is the time to show that I can do something different as well.

As an actor I have to be versatile and I am sure that with my next film, audience will see a different aspect of my act," said Ranveer.

Let's hope he doesn't be too choosy in his future projects by choosing different genre of film other than romcoms.

http://www.totalfilmy.com/feature/20101221/i_and_anushka_are_good_friendsranveer-31822.html

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp2uzUaJqOo&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

--
hailaaaaaa he looks sooo hot !!!!!11
thanx for the caps zareena
^^you're welcome maria..and video tooo, Enjoy😊
Movies
Celeb Weddings
Star Kids
No Makeup

Anushka Sharma & Ranveer Singh at the Big Star Entertainment Awards. Anushka is wearing a Versace dress and looks fantastic. She's got great legs. They presented an award to Priyanka.

Anushka and I are very good friends: Ranveer Singh

Comments  Comments [ 0 ]    By India-Forums.com Staff | 22 December 2010 | 8:05am

Mumbai, Dec 22 (IANS) Newcomer Ranveer Singh, who has debuted in the comedy 'Band Baaja Baaraat' opposite actress Anushka Sharma, said the two are 'very good friends' and not bothered about rumours that they are romantically linked.

'She and I are very good friends. How can I change that truth just because it sounds cliched? Neither of us is bothered about what people say,' Ranveer told IANS.

As for rumours about Ranveer and Anushka, he says: 'I was too much into my work to even think about those rumours. I just wanted to perform well. That was my only concern. In fact I was casually dating a girl when that call from Yashraj changed my life. I've never been in a serious relationship so far. And now my career has just started.'

'We came from two different schools of filmmaking. I'm a trained actor. She never attended any acting school. As a model she had faced the camera before acting and had already done two films before 'Band Baaja Baaraat'. She is a one-take actor. I believe in lots of rehearsals. And that was very annoying for Anushka because her first take was the best. We had to reach a middleground before we could get along.'

'In hindsight I feel I was rehearsing more than necessary because it was my first film. I learnt from her to be spontaneous. But the fact that we had to be at loggerheads on screen was certainly helped by our constant friction in the sets about our approach to acting.'

The film was released earlier this month.

'I think after 'Band Baaja Baraat' I need to do a completely contrasting character. Someone who is not loud or opinionated and unsophisticated.'

The suffering of waiting is over for this debutant who came in from the outside. 'Not since Akshay Kumar and John Abraham has there been a male lead from outside the industry getting such positive reactions. I just hope my example encourages talent from outside. Because right now the perception is outsiders don't stand a chance. I had no reference like mine to give me hope when I was going through my struggle period.'

One call from Yash Raj changed my life. 'It was completely out of the blue from casting director Shanu Sharma. I remember I was out on a date when Shanu kept calling. I avoided her calls for as long as I could because I had other things on my mind at that moment. Imagine if I had not taken the call from Yash Raj for a fling that lasted exactly 10 days! Anyway the next day I was at Yash Raj doing two scenes. I got called back in three days. Later Adi sir (Aditya Chopra) told me he had made up his mind immediately.'

Ranveer is pleased he didn't get a conventional romantic debut. 'The story in 'Band Baaja Baaraat' is terrific. And my character Bittu was so much fun for me to play because he's so far removed from my own world. It was more than I could ever ask for. I was more than happy to be a simple character in a simple story. Not too many newcomers can dream of a break like 'Band Baaja Baaraat', certainly not someone unconnected with the film industry.'

Catty elements within the industry had spread the rumour that his father, a prosperous businessman, had financed the film.

Confesses the young polite actor: 'Yes, that hurt on several levels. Such ugly rumours took away from my pleasure at being the first solo-hero to be launched by Yash Raj. It was upsetting. My father and my family's pride that I had made it on my own got blunted when it was said that they financed my debut film. It was like taking away from my little achievement.'

And to think Ranveer thought of changing his name because there was already a Ranbir around. 'I am glad I didn't. This is my name. This is my destiny. I'm just so happy .'

Copyright  IANS

Faridoon_S

Ur choice 4 Best Actor 4 2010?:Rishi Kapoor (DDC),Ranbir (Raajneeti),Vivek Oberoi (RC),Ranveer (BBB),Ajay Devgn (OUATIM),Paresh R (Atithi..)

"Adi has plans for me but I don't know what" - Ranveer Singh 

By Subhash K. Jha, December 21, 2010 - 10:47 IST

"Thank God, no one says any more than my debut was financed by my father. That to me is my biggest victory," says Ranveer Singh.

Ranveer Singh is spoilt for choices. "I think after Band Baaja Baraat, I need to do completely contrasting character. Someone who is not loud, opinionated and unsophisticated."

The suffering of waiting is over for this debutant who came in from the outside. "Not since Akshay Kumar and John Abraham has there been a male lead from outside the industry getting such positive reactions. I just hope my example encourages talent from outside. Because right now the perception is outsiders don't stand a chance. I had no reference like mine to give me hope when I was going through my struggle period."

One call from Yash Raj changed Ranveer's life. "It was completely out of the blue from the casting director Shanu Sharma. I remember I was out on date when Shanu kept calling. I avoided her calls for as long as I could because I had other things on my mind at that moment. Imagine if I had not taken the call from Yash Raj for a fling that lasted exactly ten days! Anyway, the next day I was at Yash Raj doing two scenes. I got called back in three days. Later Adi Sir (Chopra) told he had made up his mind immediately..."

Ranveer is pleased he didn't get a conventional romantic debut. "The story in Band Baaja Baaraat is terrific. And my character Bittu was so much fun for me to play because he's so far removed from my own world. It was more than I could ever ask for. I was more than happy to be a simple character in a simple story. Not too many newcomers can dream of a break like Band Baaja Baaraat, certainly not someone unconnected with the film industry."

Catty elements within the industry had spread the rumour that his father, a prosperous business man, had financed the film.

Confesses the young polite actor, "Yes that hurt on several levels. Such ugly rumours took away from my pleasure at being the first solo-hero to be launched by Yash Raj. Ya…it was upsetting. My father and my family's pride that I had made it on my own got blunted when it was said that they financed my debut film. It was like taking away from my little achievement. I was upset more for my parents than myself. I was also upset for Yash Raj. Did they need my father's money to make a film? The entire film industry knows Yash Raj doesn't need to do all this. It's absurd. They don't need anyone's money to make films. Certainly not my father's."

Ranveer maintains he is "very good friends" with co-star Anushka Sharma, though they bickered non-stop like their characters in Band Baaja Baaraat. "She and I are very good friends. How can I change that truth just because it sounds clichd? Neither of us is bothered with what people say."

Says Ranveer, "We came from two different schools of filmmaking. I'm a trained actor. She never attended any acting school. As a model she had faced the camera before acting and had already done two films before Band Baaja Baaraat. She is a one-take actor. I believe in lots of rehearsals. And that was very annoying for Anushka because her first take was the best. We had to reach a middle ground before we could get along. In hindsight I feel I was rehearsing more than necessary because it was my first film. I learnt from her to be spontaneous. But the fact that we had to be at loggerheads on screen was certainly helped by our constant friction in the sets about our approach to acting."

Ranveer hopes every newcomer gets a supportive co-star like Anushka or else he is "screwed".

As for the rumours about Ranveer and Anushka, the promising newcomer says, "I was too much into my work to even think about those rumours. I just wanted to perform well. That was my only concern. I've never been in a serious relationship so far. And now my career has just started."

He sighs and says, "It feels cool. I had told my father a long time ago that I'd be an actor. My dream has come true. But my family is not used to the gossip and rumours."

And to think Ranveer thought of changing his name because there was already a Ranbir around. "I am glad I didn't. This is my name. This is my destiny. I'm just so happy."

He's signed for three films with Yash Raj. "But it is non-exclusive. I was waiting for my first release and so was the industry. Now they know I wasn't signed because my father paid for my dream. Adi too has plans for me though I don't know what they are. He loves playing poker with people."