Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

.:|:. SNS Gup-Shup Corner#7 .:|:. (Page 67)

saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
So, if you don't mind me asking, how did you as an atheist end up marrying a devout believer?

br2499 Goldie
br2499
br2499

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
What can I say! Love is blind and irrational! His looks compensated for his beliefs! Do you know how difficult it is to meet a handsome, groomed physicist? Seriously though, he was and is my best friend. He is the first person who actually challenged me intellectually and treated me as an equal without any complex. He accepts me for what I am with my absurdities. Most  men I meet either are intimidated by me (I am an elitist!) or treat me as another guy!  The fact that we both speak same language and come from similar religious background helped it go smoother with my parents.  

I have always lived and worked among very devout believers! So I am used to them. but for my husband it was a major adjustment. I guess we both are very classic example of opposites attracting! We dont agree on anything! Even in science, we both have complimentary skills - I am entirely mathematical and he is very intuitive.

Edited by br2499 - 04 January 2011 at 9:36pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saomom

Rafeal. IF-Sizzlerz
Rafeal.
Rafeal.

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saomom

I was 19, he was 25.  We met at college.  We were engaged after one month and married 4 months later.  

Actually, the first time I saw him was at a disco.  He had some serious moves.  (Which was on my list of 'musts' for a husband - not that I was looking.)  I found out that he had grown up with my roommate.  She introduced us.  One night, I had borrowed dad's truck and needed to get it back to him, but I had spent too much time in a hot tub with a friend and a couple of guys - all on the up and up.LOL  When I realized how late I was, I ran into him and asked him to follow me as I dropped off the truck - this way dad wouldn't yell at me for being late.  I totally worked.  Dad didn't yell, we started dating and the rest is history.  Did I mention that another thing on my must have list was that he had to be able to sing?  I was not going to spend my life going to church with a guy next to me that couldn't carry a tune while we sang the hymns.  Guess what.  He really won my heart when he would pull out the guitar and sang to me...  

Satisfied?  Now your turn.  How's  Miss Germany?
@bold NO

I can only say that Miss. Germany was the corporate lawyer from the firm my company engaged. we were sooooooooooD'ohlucky to work with each other on a case. My god, we were practically at each others throat. that was a year ago. somewhere along the way , we got so involved in each other that we cant do withou fighting for even a dayLOL

saomom

saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Bee - I'm impressed.  And an attractive physicist?  Those are definitely an anomaly!  I grew up in town full scientists.  I know of what I speak.LOLLOL

Jake - so what are you doing without her?  Do you argue on the phone?

Edited by saomom - 04 January 2011 at 10:42pm

br2499

br2499 Goldie
br2499
br2499

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
@Tammie - Not only an attractive physicist. He says that he finds my skills with calculus irresistibleWink!  What else can I ask for?  I just grabbed him. 

@Jake - I second Tammie's question. Do you argue on phone or chats?
Thanks for the Atmakatha tip. sounds interesting. Is the DVD available? I can ask my husband to pick it up in India.

saomom

-tellyaddict- IF-Sizzlerz
-tellyaddict-
-tellyaddict-

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
hello all....wts going on.
saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
Sadhli - Hello friend!

Bee - I think Jake hid himself.  He usually does when these kinds of questions come up!LOLLOL  Your response made me laugh.  I never though calculus to be a turn on, but whatever!   Glad you scooped him up real quick!

Jake - Get back here and face the music!

br2499

-tellyaddict- IF-Sizzlerz
-tellyaddict-
-tellyaddict-

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
how r u mom.......???

i just now reached home....and having brunch...

Go to top