Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

.:|:. SNS Gup-Shup Corner#7 .:|:. (Page 66)

saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
I was 19, he was 25.  We met at college.  We were engaged after one month and married 4 months later.  

Actually, the first time I saw him was at a disco.  He had some serious moves.  (Which was on my list of 'musts' for a husband - not that I was looking.)  I found out that he had grown up with my roommate.  She introduced us.  One night, I had borrowed dad's truck and needed to get it back to him, but I had spent too much time in a hot tub with a friend and a couple of guys - all on the up and up.LOL  When I realized how late I was, I ran into him and asked him to follow me as I dropped off the truck - this way dad wouldn't yell at me for being late.  I totally worked.  Dad didn't yell, we started dating and the rest is history.  Did I mention that another thing on my must have list was that he had to be able to sing?  I was not going to spend my life going to church with a guy next to me that couldn't carry a tune while we sang the hymns.  Guess what.  He really won my heart when he would pull out the guitar and sang to me...  

Satisfied?  Now your turn.  How's  Miss Germany?

Edited by saomom - 04 January 2011 at 8:32pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rafeal.

br2499 Goldie
br2499
br2499

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
Hi Tammie and Jake!

Tammie! is your story told only for Jake? Wow! Your love story is worth a rom com.

@Jake - I can tell you my horror stories on elbow surgery, if you want.LOL

Rafeal.

Rafeal. IF-Sizzlerz
Rafeal.
Rafeal.

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
@mom Whoa! Nice, so practically you hooked up an innocent man.. U forgot to mentn that he shld also hav a talent for cooking.. ROFL
saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Bee:  Hello!  Ah, Jake's been bugging me to tell him my love story, so he got the intro tonight.  It was way more romantic than I made it sound - some things have to be left unsaid...

Dhikra:  Cooking wasn't on the list of wants for a husband.  It was simply a need.LOL  "You can't cook?  Sorry, I won't date you..."

Rafeal.

Rafeal. IF-Sizzlerz
Rafeal.
Rafeal.

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
ROFL.. Hey get bak to u in a minute
br2499 Goldie
br2499
br2499

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saomom

Bee:  Hello!  Ah, Jake's been bugging me to tell him my love story, so he got the intro tonight.  It was way more romantic than I made it sound - some things have to be left unsaid...

Dhikra:  Cooking wasn't on the list of wants for a husband.  It was simply a need.LOL  "You can't cook?  Sorry, I won't date you..."

@bold - Oh yes! I know! WinkBig smile 
@blue- You are too wise. I didnt have that forethought! But then I might have to look for a non-Indian guy! jake pointer for you!

Thanks for the story. I am terribly upset now for two reasons - hubby went a pilgrimage to India and one of my papers got rejected from a journal because they couldnt find a referee. I just got that stupid mail and now brewing with anger. Thought, I will take a break before I send anything offensive to the editor. Saw your story and enjoyed it.

Rafeal.

saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Husband went to India without you?  Rude!  What does one do on a pilgrimage?    

Best to take a break and count to oh, say 100, before you respond to the stupid editor!! So sorry!  Can you resubmit it?
br2499 Goldie
br2499
br2499

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
I am an atheist! so generally try to avoid going to temples/pilgrimage. This pilgrimage is a special one - one prepares for 48 days - live a life of almost an ascetic  - eat bland food only two times a day, avoid even TV, avoid wearing foot wear and most important try not to get angry or hurt people. Only think of God! This temple is in a valley - in the state where Jake comes from. So the longer route consists of 60 km trek through forests and reach the temple. Google Sabarimala for more info.
 Hubby is doing it for the past 20 years or so. 

I will surely resubmit the paper but will make sure that the editor gets a piece of my mind. 

Go to top