.:|:. SNS Gup-Shup Corner#7 .:|:. - Page 97

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by lovtv

@Jake - oh my!  That sounds really painful.  you are flying back to Madrid soon.  Will you continue rehab there?

Its ok now... i can do the physiotherapy myself... not a big deal.  Even the bandage is gone๐Ÿ˜‰
Did Bee leave to make dosa?  

Lucky for me both my boys are up and wanted to make own breakfast.  I get to lay around longer.
@Jake - Therapy is the worst! I used to hate my therapist!  At least it is summer in Aus. land!

I too love Idli. I make it practically every week!  I make idli or dosa whenever I am tired or have too much work.

@ shelly! Canadian! I have tried coming to Canada twice but both the times it was quite cold and so dropped it. They have conferences only in March in Canada! March is too cold for me!  My husband went to Montreal and even after 5 years keeps talking about the veggie food there.
Originally posted by lovtv

@BRAT - how do you make puttu?  

Well... its very easy๐Ÿ˜•

you get puttu powder... (actually rice powder)
mix it well in salt water..
then cook it  on steam...(you get puttu maker, that can be fixed on a pressure cooker๐Ÿ˜‰)
you should add coconut too... when you place the puttu maker on the cooker.
It five minutes you get the best puttu...

er..... did you ever eat it? If not meet some Canadian malayali... they will dell you what a superb thing it is...๐Ÿ˜†

Oh yeah, makes good combination with any curry... even with sugar
@Bee - March can go both ways.  We can get tremendous amounts of snow or it can be early spring and mild.  

We have a lot of veggie choices in Canada.  We have Saravana Bhavan here which is also the restaurant our driver took us to in Chennai.  

If you have a choice come in the summer.  June to Aug...it is absolutely beautiful.
Originally posted by -tellyaddict-

hello all

hey... ben... howz the weekend?
Originally posted by br2499

@Jake - Therapy is the worst! I used to hate my therapist!  At least it is summer in Aus. land!

I too love Idli. I make it practically every week!  I make idli or dosa whenever I am tired or have too much work.

@ shelly! Canadian! I have tried coming to Canada twice but both the times it was quite cold and so dropped it. They have conferences only in March in Canada! March is too cold for me!  My husband went to Montreal and even after 5 years keeps talking about the veggie food there.

Its rains occasionally...
@Jake! My mallu friend taught me to make puttu! and i like it with inji curry! Once in a while i make that! My IL from tirunelveli and like all mallu and palakkad food. So learnt a many of them!

@Shelly - Very good kids! you should give them a reward today.

@Sadhli  -Hi! a very nice vm!
@BRAT - is it a ball of rice?  I saw it last week at a new Sri Lankan take out place at the market but didn't know how you would eat it.  Will go back today and get it.  So I need saamber or something.  Will try and let you know. 
Originally posted by br2499

@Jake! My mallu friend taught me to make puttu! and i like it with inji curry! Once in a while i make that! My IL from tirunelveli and like all mallu and palakkad food. So learnt a many of them!

@Shelly - Very good kids! you should give them a reward today.

@Sadhli  -Hi! a very nice vm!

Yeah... puttu is my favorite breakfast... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ