Sanjog Se Bani Sangini

How long does Sangani have a chance of surviving? - Page 2

Poll

How long do you think it will be before Sangani is pulled off the air?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: ekumeed

Hmm, this is a tough question. Unlike others, I am not sure that SSBS necessarily will have a wrap-up in five months or less if it keeps to the way it has been continuing. And the reason for this is because bad writing and handling does not mean that all the audience is enough fed up with the show to want it to end (as I am not sure the Forum is representative necessarily of the judgment of the majority of the public as they might not watch the show with as much avid interest or as much attention to detail as we do). But the fact that they are watching the show at all might mean that the show continues because what it offers is at least enough "hatke" ("different") with the bonus of a popular star cast to make them simply sit back and watch.

And I am not sure how allotment to shows of time slots work to be able to say anything about it.

Sincerely,
Ek Umeed

P.S. I think someone in India might be able to better answer as to what the audience response to SSBS has been/is and provide perhaps more accurate and better feedback about its chances of survival.

Ekumeed, one has to simply look at the shows on Zeetv, the ratings and the storyline to know which show will or will not survive.  There is little need to rely on those who are from India as authority figures in answering this question or the chances for this shows survival. The problem is not enough people are watching this show and Indian audiences want shows that capture their interest even if they have gissa pitta storylines and Sangani is not doing it for them so something is most definitely amiss.  If the writers do not come up with someone soon, I give this show three months.  That's when Zeetv will either change the time slot or tell them to wrap up the show. If the saas-bahu storyline does not bore us to tears, it will be shown the door.
ekumeed thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Laila2009, you may be right. The truth is that I have not been able to truly get the pulse of Indian audiences because I have liked many shows which have ended I have thought prematurely. But there are shows which have lasted very long which I have personally wanted to see end because I perceived the storyline direction and tracks as not going anywhere interesting or logical. As far as this show goes, I don't know why but I like this show but dislike the tracks sometimes and also its general handling. So, I don't know.

Sincerely,
Ek Umeed
Minionite thumbnail
I really have my doubts that this show will last any longer than maybe a month or two. There are many problems with this show.

Firstly, there are way too many lapses in the story. For example, since when did Rudra become happy with the marriage to Gauri? The writers are failing to explain the story properly.

Secondly, there are too many times when a character's role is quite unexplainable. Look at Nani. At some points she hates Gauri and at some points she treats Gauri so well.

Thirdly, there is no explanation behind what the evil plan is. Usually, in any show, the antagonists plan to try and stop a marriage, but here RR is getting Rudra and Gauri married. Why?

Fourth, this show is filled with antagonists. I understand that a show can't run without its share of antagonists, but this is just too many. I mean, exactly what is going to happen to change all of these antagonists. Is Pihu, overnight, going to become less selfish? Is Jairaj, all of a sudden, going to stop thinking about business and start thinking like a father?

Fifth, no mother would ever want bad for her child. That's a problem in this show. Here RR is using Rudra for her own selfish means. She's willing to ruin his life to get her way. I really can't accept that. I get that RR doesn't want Gauri as her DIL, but that doesn't mean that she ruin Rudra's life because of that.

There are many other problems, but these are the only ones I can think of right now.

Based on my analysis, I think that this show may not run more than maybe 2 months.
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
One of the worst show of IT.It needs to end asap.
pinkcarnation thumbnail
i don't care how long the show survives, as long as mik comes back with a new show quickly, i won't mind if sangini ends. 
Shineon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I hope it runs for an year or so. I know there are issues with the show, hope CV's fix the issues with repetitive dialogues, jumping of tracks and quick character transitions. Compared to many nonsense shows out there, this show definitly deserves to stay on. Edited by Rach1 - 13 years ago
nycsweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
your longest time choice is 5 months so that what i voted for...although i think this show will end up going longer than that