How long does Sangani have a chance of surviving?

Poll

How long do you think it will be before Sangani is pulled off the air?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Whether or not you love this show, take an objective look at how this show is performing and be honest in your responses as to how much time this show has left to survive. Considering the current state of affairs and how disappointed we've all become in this storyline during the past few weeks, if this pattern continues, how long will this show really last?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Writer42 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Shows that have the male lead in such a negative light as Rudra has been portrayed with his unbelievably villainous treatment of Gauri her family and her inexplicable forgiveness for his frenzied and cruel atrocities against Gauri and her family tend to IMO not last long.

Also there are too many negative characters on this show. We have the selfish Pihu who only sees her own gain and cares for no one but herself. We have the RR who has a very Tony Soprano like character that has gone after Gauri and her family with a vengeance. Then there are less important characters like the father and Abhay who are self absorbed in their own way. There is also Gauri's own grand mother who has only one motivation - money. For this she is willing to do anything.

I think the true success of any show is that while negative leads and supporting characters come and go out of tracks the main leads should stay protagonists. But I think with male lead going so horribly diabolical and the parallel lead of Pihu being a self absorbed woman from the beginning the show is bound to be short lived. I like the show very much but it has too much negativity. Gauri's positive spirit alone can't carry the show. Her goodness drowns against the odds stacked up against her.

We do have the grand father and the sister-in-law but they too are sidelined against strong evil characters like the RR and Rudra himself. I don't think audiences can trust a drunk, over zealous maniac whose actions are often hurtful and dangerous. We tend to forget that Rudra was once a positive character.
Goldstar7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Lack of continuity between scenes , not using  supporting  actor to fullest and all the attention on onlyy G  IS the minus points of the show. way the trp are going  it may shut its shop in two months time.only my pov  and sangini cannot be shifted to any other timeslot because  there no vacant slot left in zee. tthey have serials from 6 to 11. after 11 zee dont  usually telecast their shows.Edited by prime_time - 13 years ago
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
First time slot will be changed and then finally it will wrap up after 4 months.
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
2 months top......................... 

Lack of continuous scenes, some questions unanswered, some left for our own imagination , Jumping from track to track without closing one , ,,oh the list is endless....

it would be miracle if it runs for 3months, my bet 2 months that is also too much 
anoosree thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: prime_time

Lack of continuity between scenes , not using  supporting  actor to fullest and all the attention on onlyy G  IS the minus points of the show. way the trp are going  it may shut its shop in two months time.only my pov  and sangini cannot be shifted to any other timeslot because  there no vacant slot left in zee. tthey have serials from 6 to 11. after 11 zee dont  usually telecast their shows.

no offence to anyone, but this was the greatest flaw in this show. U cant run a show by glorifying a single character and in the process ruining every other character in the show incld. the male lead.  It is too unrealistic. Just a couple of epis b4 we saw Rudr telling Gauri that he can never love her and now he was all happy & smiling while getting married to gauri. So where did all the love that he had for pihu disappear... there is no hint of the transition in rudr behaviour...nothing makes sense now, neither the characters nor the plot.
Annu.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anoosree

no offence to anyone, but this was the greatest flaw in this show. U cant run a show by glorifying a single character and in the process ruining every other character in the show incld. the male lead.  It is too unrealistic. Just a couple of epis b4 we saw Rudr telling Gauri that he can never love her and now he was all happy & smiling while getting married to gauri. So where did all the love that he had for pihu disappear... there is no hint of the transition in rudr behaviour...nothing makes sense now, neither the characters nor the plot.

I agree.. the biggest flaw is that these so called professional writers even failed to justify their basic concept of the show 'falling in love AGAIN'.. this overnite transition of Rudr from belagaam to suljha hua insaan, is beyond belief! ðŸ˜• they named their lead protagonist after hindu god & goddess and forcing us to believe that this Rudra Rawat and Gauri Sharma are also made for each other.. instead of chanting R & G are meant to be.. it would have been much better if Ketki said to R..  tum ne Gauri ko badnaam kiya, ab usse shaadi karo aur bhugtou!! 

technically speaking the show could easily be end by Thursday..😆 R & G are married now, Pihu already made Abhay believed ke wo sudher gayi.. RR ka bhaanda wed tak phoote ga, and on thurs epi, all matter would be sorted out happily!!😃

Laila2009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anoosree

The issue that concerns me the most is he has agreed to marry her but he keeps saying he does not love her so exactly what is this supposed to be - a platonic marriage?  Have they broken the news to their respective parents that they won't be grandparents?

Personally I feel the whole "romance" never happened after the two of them hated each other.  The scenes were ruined when Gauri put the sindoor in her hair and Rudra suddenly decided to start caring for Gauri.  Storyline has lost its magic and I don't think the writers even have a clue of what they're going to have RR and Pihu conjure up.
Laila2009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: annu127

I agree.. the biggest flaw is that these so called professional writers even failed to justify their basic concept of the show 'falling in love AGAIN'.. this overnite transition of Rudr from belagaam to suljha hua insaan, is beyond belief! ðŸ˜• they named their lead protagonist after hindu god & goddess and forcing us to believe that this Rudra Rawat and Gauri Sharma are also made for each other.. instead of chanting R & G are meant to be.. it would have been much better if Ketki said to R..  tum ne Gauri ko badnaam kiya, ab usse shaadi karo aur bhugtou!! 

technically speaking the show could easily be end by Thursday..😆 R & G are married now, Pihu already made Abhay believed ke wo sudher gayi.. RR ka bhaanda wed tak phoote ga, and on thurs epi, all matter would be sorted out happily!!😃

😆 I felt the same way! I also wondered, so what's left of this storyline now? Once these two have consummated this marriage it's going to be saas bahu drama and then guess what "show's over" - there is not much going on with these characters. They don't have ANY life outside of the time spent together.  Little substance and lots of flash a storyline does not make.
ekumeed thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hmm, this is a tough question. Unlike others, I am not sure that SSBS necessarily will have a wrap-up in five months or less if it keeps to the way it has been continuing. And the reason for this is because bad writing and handling does not mean that all the audience is enough fed up with the show to want it to end (as I am not sure the Forum is representative necessarily of the judgment of the majority of the public as they might not watch the show with as much avid interest or as much attention to detail as we do). But the fact that they are watching the show at all might mean that the show continues because what it offers is at least enough "hatke" ("different") with the bonus of a popular star cast to make them simply sit back and watch.

And I am not sure how allotment to shows of time slots work to be able to say anything about it.

Sincerely,
Ek Umeed

P.S. I think someone in India might be able to better answer as to what the audience response to SSBS has been/is and provide perhaps more accurate and better feedback about its chances of survival.