Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Satara decides Nakusa is an unwanted name (Page 3)

prettywoman Goldie
prettywoman
prettywoman

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 10:33am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing Ksh.. very interesting read!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

masz

swati2008 IF-Dazzler
swati2008
swati2008

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 11:33am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing ksh......parents actually give such names........whats wrong with them......girls are as capable as boys today.........

masz

LaTuLa Senior Member
LaTuLa
LaTuLa

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Hi

I really like the name Nakusha and if I had another daughter I wouldn't mind calling her that, regardless its meaning,  She would be very much a wanted child and be proud of it.
The quote by Shakespeare comes to mind:

' What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. '

Edited by LaTuLa - 19 December 2010 at 12:06pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

maszAyeChavanniPrinsesse.SuviMrsKhan

masz Senior Member
masz
masz

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
ShockedWow didn't know that, thanks for sharing. They say you learn something new everyday........ I also like the name Nakusha, it's sweet sounding and seriously people need to wise up in this day and age....
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
Wow I had no idea this was a real practice.....quite sad....naming a girl child "unwanted" to mark her with that feeling forever....unbelievable. But ironic....Nakusha is such a pretty sounding name otherwise....so unique.

Thanks for posting.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AyeChavanniMrsKhan

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shilpita87

Thanks for sharing....i always felt that the name nakusha has deeper meaning in this show....she is unwanted by society and her father and now she is unwanted by her husband too(but i so hope its temporary condition) just like Dutta is an apt name for the male protagonist character..Dutta is name of Three headed supreme God. He represents the trinity-Bramha,Vishnu,Mahesh..

In the show, Dutta has a fierce temper for destruction of Shiv,Giving nature of Bramha and a heart of love like Vishnu to nurture his loved one's.

Also the symbolism that he is rich like corseus and lord of his district. everyone in his family give more importance to his..uhhh..tantrums...while nakusha is the servant who idolises and loves him...her sacrifices only make her wanted....even AS wanted her because she was his dhaal...not for herself.

Wow this is really interesting! I had no idea that is what Dutta's name meant.....and the symbolism is so interesting too....quite rich when you put it in context like that.....

But very true about the symbolism of Nakusha's name....how she was first "unwanted" by society and now temporarily is unwanted by her husband (he'll come around, we know that....lol)....but yes, also very true about how she is the servant who idolizes Dutta and loves him and it is her sacrifices that make her wanted in a sense....especially to selfish losers like ASDeadLOL

AyeChavanni

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
Btw I was wondering the makers must have thought of naming the lead as Nakusha with lot of thought...so I wonder why they never played on this gender discrimination aspect?

AyeChavanni

Go to top