Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

The many problems of JDJ 4 (Page 8)

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Hey guys, I have been watching JDJ from the time it started, and slowly I have seen it degrading. Season 1 & 2 were the best, the third one was alright(sorta rigged), but this season's the limit.Thank God finally found somebody who didn't hate season 1& 2 cuz apparently some hated those 2 seasons cuz mona & prachi wonLOL

Firstly of all, a lot of dancers are already established and it's just not fair. Take Sushant Rajput, for example(his fans, please don't kill meLOL) He is a wonderful dancer, full of grace and all. But then we should consider the fact that he's already taken part in a dance competition and what more, won it! No wonder he got a 30 on his performance...he deserves it! But the million dollar question is: is his presence in a show that takes people who are proficient in their respective fields and nurtures it really justified, especially since he is already experienced in this sphere? If the answer's yes, then going by your logic, even someone like Mona Singh should be allowed to take part in this competition a second time. It also affects the competition: How will other participants, like Daya, Chang etc, participants who have never tried their hand in dancing before,fare against such dancers?

I can understand ur POV completely. I had the same issue for ZND as well but JDJ is different IMO. First of all, i dnt know if it would be fair or not putting an experienced dancer with completely non-dancers, but would it also be fair to a dancer like Sushant to NOT take him in the show & learn more just cuz he's experienced? JDJ is like a school, different students with different potentials put together. All the contestants r not completely trained dancers, they ALL would learn over time & would improve over time. Last time renuka & shekhar got higher marks based on potential, & this time sushant got higher marks based on skills, which IMO is very fair.
Plus the not-experienced-in-dance contestants have been combined up with very good choreographers like jai & vrushali, i can even see the potential of renuka & daya winning cuz of them!

Secondly, what is this rubbish about the judges discussing before giving scores, that too in front of everybody. Whatever happened to individual opinions? If a judge feels like a particular participant didn't perform well, fine, don't give him/her good marks. But at least don't influence the decisions of the other judges.

Completely agree, hope the contestants raise this issue infront of judges soon.

Now I don't have a complaint, but rather a query: Many of the people here thought Shekhar Suman and Renuka Sahane gave bad performances. I just saw their performances, and I did not think that they were bad at all, it is obvious they would have certain problems in learning to excel in dance because they have never danced before and because of their physical restrictions, but they were pretty good for their first attempt, so I would like to ask why people thought that they were bad?Confused

I didn't find them BAD, i mean they were GREAT as far their potential is concerned, but skills-wise they were okay compared to others.

On that note, I'd like to end my rant, comments, critcisms are appreciatedLOL

scinerd Goldie
scinerd
scinerd

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
i don't fully agree with what you said but i am a sushant fan and I agree with what you said. he's a professionally trained jazz dancer. he did shows with ash. like come one that kinda unfair.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aaliyah-

CuteCherry Goldie
CuteCherry
CuteCherry

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
@ scinerd... oh so Yana is da official item girl and i bet she is way more more experienced than sushant since she is a professional dancer so i think its more unfair that she is in the dance competition than sushant..and again stop singling out sushant everytime there are more dancers in da show who are more experienced. y not name them all. i just don't get it y do u guyz keep on bringing sushant in everything????just leave him alone and enjoy the show. and plz if u want to talk about how unfair it is to other dancers than talk about  Yana cuz she is a professional dancer. i bet u'll have lot to say on how unfair it is for yana to be on da show.
Meena1 IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherryMindbender

anitamalik IF-Stunnerz
anitamalik
anitamalik

Saraswatichandra Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
I've watched all seasons of Jhalak too and I gotta agree about the established dancers bit. This show caters to NON dancers.. And people like Yana Gupta being there just makes me rethink about the concept entirely. I don't agree with it.

And discussing among the judges-- I think thats something bound to happen. I don't think that necessarily affects the score each judge is gonna give...Each judge has their own viewpoints regarding about the dance and their score reflects it.

In the end, this show is supposed to cater to non dancers..but it doesn't stick up to that concept in the end!

Edited by anitamalik - 20 December 2010 at 8:02pm
Mindbender IF-Sizzlerz
Mindbender
Mindbender

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

It also affects the competition: How will other participants, like Daya, Daya, Daya , Daya, etc, participants who have never tried their hand in dancing before,fare against such dancers?
LOL
Secondly, what is this rubbish about the judges discussing before giving scores, that too in front of everybody. Whatever happened to individual opinions? If a judge feels like a particular participant didn't perform well, fine, don't give him/her good marks. But at least don't influence the decisions of the other judges.
I think its a recorded clipping which they show again and again.Tongue
Now I don't have a complaint, but rather a query: Many of the people here thought Shekhar Suman and Renuka Sahane gave bad performances. I just saw their performances, and I did not think that they were bad at all, it is obvious they would have certain problems in learning to excel in dance because they have never danced before and because of their physical restrictions, but they were pretty good for their first attempt, so I would like to ask why people thought that they were bad?Confused
I liked shekhar's performance, didn't like his expressions at all though.LOL
Chalo ye sab chodo, how are you doing debo?Big smileLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

Go to top