ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

Originally posted by ZoobiDoobi

Hey Buddy Hug

Glad to see u back on the Forum.

I agree with the Choreographer judges. They should have brought someone who didn't already participate on dance show.

Hey Hug

Yeah it's a shame. I think they thought Madhuri alone would bring them all the success they need.

Well as far as the TRP goes Madhuri and Malaika (her munni fame) will bring it. But as far as the quality of the show is concerned, I think more than that was needed.

Come join us in the CC too Big smile

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
Where is the CC??
ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

Where is the CC??

http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1552758
aewa Senior Member
aewa
aewa

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
I appreciate your opinion, but I do disagree on some levels. As xobile rightly pointed out, the show is more about being able to prove oneself in all different dance forms. Therefore, being trained in one area of dance may not be as much of an advantage as it seems. In fact, as xobile (sorry I don't know you're real name!) mentioned, this proved to be a disadvantage for that one classical singer. Sushant for example, is only trained in jazz dancing so I don't think that this training of his would be useful when dancing Indian classical or something. 

Also, the older and unexperienced dancers surely knew that there would be younger contestants with more dancing skills. If they didn't object to competing against these people, then what's the big deal?

About the judges discussing marks, I 1000000000% agree with you. How pathetic. Why not just give a 1 collective mark from all three judges then?

Thanks for bringing up the discussion though... Don't mean to offend anyone at al!
secret_GHT IF-Dazzler
secret_GHT
secret_GHT

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 3:09am | IP Logged
I disagree in some points and let me explain why.

Renuka's performance was not at all good from ay angle though shekhar was superb. I really felt yana, anushka and others danced thousand times better than renuka but still got lower marks. and  the show is abt how well participant dances on stage not based on how well can he/she perform in first attempt. so in my POV renuka's high score was nothing but biased. Shekhar was good.

n abt sushant hmmm i think his participation cant be questioned. coz he is here as an actor. Its only his plus point that he had training in dancing. He is not a dancer like salman and jay.
But i think i m saying this bcoz i really like sushant.LOL
n i dint knw he won any dance competition. which one? can u plz tell me? He participated in zara nachke dikha but that was a group competition and not individual. n i dont think he won there.

N ast i would like to say i liked ur post. it was well written and had logic. Keep it coming. GOD BLESS :)

Edited by nafy_GHT - 20 December 2010 at 3:11am
hide IF-Rockerz
hide
hide

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Hey guys, I have been watching JDJ from the time it started, and slowly I have seen it degrading. Season 1 & 2 were the best, the third one was alright(sorta rigged), but this season's the limit.

Firstly of all, a lot of dancers are already established and it's just not fair. Take Sushant Rajput, for example(his fans, please don't kill meLOL) He is a wonderful dancer, full of grace and all. But then we should consider the fact that he's already taken part in a dance competition and what more, won it! No wonder he got a 30 on his performance...he deserves it! But the million dollar question is: is his presence in a show that takes people who are proficient in their respective fields and nurtures it really justified, especially since he is already experienced in this sphere? If the answer's yes, then going by your logic, even someone like Mona Singh should be allowed to take part in this competition a second time. It also affects the competition: How will other participants, like Daya, Chang etc, participants who have never tried their hand in dancing before,fare against such dancers?

Secondly, what is this rubbish about the judges discussing before giving scores, that too in front of everybody. Whatever happened to individual opinions? If a judge feels like a particular participant didn't perform well, fine, don't give him/her good marks. But at least don't influence the decisions of the other judges.

Now I don't have a complaint, but rather a query: Many of the people here thought Shekhar Suman and Renuka Sahane gave bad performances. I just saw their performances, and I did not think that they were bad at all, it is obvious they would have certain problems in learning to excel in dance because they have never danced before and because of their physical restrictions, but they were pretty good for their first attempt, so I would like to ask why people thought that they were bad?Confused

On that note, I'd like to end my rant, comments, critcisms are appreciatedLOL

well said i just commented about Sushant Rajput on the other thread. it is not fair from SONY at all to select him as a candidate amoung the non dancers and this guy scoring 30/30..LOL
hide IF-Rockerz
hide
hide

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

I actually disagree with you about the show degrading....I'm sorry but in my opinion JDJ gets better every season...this season is definitely the best one (IMO) because of Madhuri and the contestants they have picked

now I also disagree that a non-dancer competes with an experienced dancer....which is not true...since you gave the example of Sushant I'll take him....he was in ZND in which two teams competed....he was not an individual winner....in fact the girls won the competition.....and yes the serial crowd has had more experience in dancing....but that does not make them good dancers.....just because they've done it a few times doesnt mean they're good.....given that they probably know how reharsals work and how to move better......but that doesn't equate to good dancing which is what the show strives for (after audiences SMS money of course) which celeb who ISNT from a dancing background improves each week.....

because if going by that standard then Renuka also comes on the same boat....she's also done dancing in HAHK? so why is she excluded from this category....or even Chang who has tried dancing in Badmash Company?

but I do agree about the judging so far...I don't like that they discuss and then give marks....AND also they dont have a set criteria for these performances....what exactly are they looking for? because their comments are different for everyone regarding their judging...I hope they improve on that
that was a show where so much talent of these guys were exposed one of them was Angad Hasija.. they learnt all these dance moves and came out so well.. winning is not the issue here... issue is he is a dancer who is competing with non dancers and scoring 30/30 and it is not a big deal!! Deadand a bad move by sony
hide IF-Rockerz
hide
hide

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Simi_PagalLadki

Dancing with the Stars.
The season when Shawn Johnson won =)
Shes a full out gymnast and no one objected about her knowing dance than other people.
I think you guys should do the same =) be happy with what you have and stop complaining about what isn't there.

gymnast is a sport not dance.. and only advantage of that sports is that they can move their body fast.. but dance requires much more to these..

Go to top