Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

The many problems of JDJ 4 (Page 6)

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 5:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armaan-KSG

Im sorry but i disagree with your point. Sushant hasnt gotten 30 points and nor has he won a dance show. And all of jhalak dikhlaja seasons have shown that its more about voting rather than dancing...i mean last season had very good experienced dancers and some not so yet Baichung won..didnt he? So again, it all depends on the voting system and even if some of them know more dancing...like sushant or ankita or krushna but surprisingly renuka daya and shekar earned the highed points, so you should be fine with the scoring.
and i guess we just have to wait and see how the season goes and see how the voting system works :)
and omgg i knoww judges discussing before giving points is so stupid..i completely agree with you for that...
Did he not get 30 points this week? Confused Maybe I dreamt all of that then.... it's funny, I dreamt of Sushant getting 30 points this week and getting POTWLOL

That is very true. But this topic is more about looking at the subject purely and not the external factors. I am not looking at the biased voting system and all, but my topic is based plainly on the basis of the performances.

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CuteCherry

i totally disagree with you.you are clearly singling sushant out for no reason,,there are so many other good dancers who are on the show too so y not  name them all?????its not his fault that he is a born dancer and JDJ signed him because he is a popular actor not because he is a good dancer. JDJ is a dancing show with da STARS so idk y u r complaining abt experienced and unexperienced??it doesn't matter, whoever dances well gets da reward..so chill and idk when he won any dance competition??i know that he was in ZNKD but it was girls vs boys and da girls won even though i felt the boys were deserving but oh well..he was sick most of the time in that show so he couldn't dance much.
i agree that the judges should not discuss points cuz they should have their own individual thinking.
It actually does matter. Alright, so who do you expect to do well on a test involving geometry and stuff like that: A 2nd grader who has briefly been given an overview of the subject or a 9th grader, who is more proficient with the subject and knows the rules of the subject?
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NaDzGirl

hi guys,

well i dont think dis season is crappy at all in fact it's much bigger and better!!! but yeahh majority of contestants are gud dancers but they'r all current tele celebrities na?!?! i mean sushant, ankita, ragini, mahi vij are da most popular actors rite now but wat can they do if they gifted dancers?!?! i mean it's not their fault na?!?!
When did I ever say it was their fault?LOL But yes, don't you think it is unfair for them to compete with dancers who are totally inexperienced in dance? Don't you think that they should compete with someone on their same level?
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Priyalicious-

to the topic maker sushant never won any comeptition the girls won znd not his team :P

plus thats the point many are eperienced
yanaa for one is a dancer (as her profession) so dont understand why this topic is abt sushant
in many other dance shows contestants have danced b4 why is it unfair here
the point of the show is to see hw a dancer improves not just their performance
and i agree bat discussing points but not ont he sushant one at all
Yes, exactly, but on scale of 1-10, Sushant is already, let's say 8, while other contestants, like Shekhar etc are on 2-3, see the gap in fairness there? And I really don't care about other dance shows because I ain't watching those, I'm watching this show, and am therefore addressing the problems in this show.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

scinerd

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 5:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by GkKgKklover

Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by GkKgKklover

this show is not really about who has dance experience from b4 rather it is about making thecelebrities dance as it is copied from Dancing with the stars show.. more or less most of the time celebrities gotta learn some dance toparticipatein different stage show ...some of them are really good..some are not at all....
I'll tell you the same thing that I told before...if experience doesn't matter, might as well bring in someone like Hrithik Roshan in the show.

do u really think those higher level movie actor or actresses would really even come...they have better things to do..plus in this case  celebriti includes tv actors actresses, sports players, singers etc etc
OK, let's bring back Gauhar then(and yes, she does deserve to be back)
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 5:30pm | IP Logged

Hey guys, I have been watching JDJ from the time it started, and slowly I have seen it degrading. Season 1 & 2 were the best, the third one was alright(sorta rigged), but this season's the limit.

Firstly of all, a lot of dancers are already established and it's just not fair. Take Sushant Rajput, for example(his fans, please don't kill meLOL) He is a wonderful dancer, full of grace and all. But then we should consider the fact that he's already taken part in a dance competition and what more, won it! No wonder he got a 30 on his performance...he deserves it! But the million dollar question is: is his presence in a show that takes people who are proficient in their respective fields and nurtures it really justified, especially since he is already experienced in this sphere? If the answer's yes, then going by your logic, even someone like Mona Singh should be allowed to take part in this competition a second time. It also affects the competition: How will other participants, like Daya, Chang etc, participants who have never tried their hand in dancing before,fare against such dancers?

Secondly, what is this rubbish about the judges discussing before giving scores, that too in front of everybody. Whatever happened to individual opinions? If a judge feels like a particular participant didn't perform well, fine, don't give him/her good marks. But at least don't influence the decisions of the other judges.

Now I don't have a complaint, but rather a query: Many of the people here thought Shekhar Suman and Renuka Sahane gave bad performances. I just saw their performances, and I did not think that they were bad at all, it is obvious they would have certain problems in learning to excel in dance because they have never danced before and because of their physical restrictions, but they were pretty good for their first attempt, so I would like to ask why people thought that they were bad?Confused

On that note, I'd like to end my rant, comments, critcisms are appreciatedLOL

JDJ 4 has disappointed me.

1. The inclusion of experienced dancers

Yes, there are a few experienced dancers, which is inevitable given the number of reality TV shows out there - there has to be some recycling eventually.

But I always thought that Jhalak was immune to this inequality because it isn't a show where people can do just any dance. It's a show where people have to learn various well-defined dance forms like salsa, rumba, waltz etc. So doing a couple of item songs or being good at thumkas wasn't an advantage in any case, because the show was not about performing 'Bollywood' dance.

For example, in season 2 there was an ex- Bharatnatyam dancer called Sudha Chandran who was actually disadvantaged by her dancing experience because she had to unlearn all her Bharatnatyam habits and take on ballroom techniques. Similarly, I'm sure Mika would have been great doing bhangra, with all that concert experience, but he was made to perform salsa and tango.

But in season 4, there are people with a lot of experience doing 'Bollywood' dancing and even in Jhalak, they're sticking to what they already know! They're letting great ballroom, latin and folk dance forms be mixed with much more Bollywood. I believe this is creating inequality.

2. Judges conferring before scoring

Judges are supposed to be independent. That's why each one of them gets to give a score instead of one collective 'judge mark'.

3. Ugly set

The set is ugly. It seems like Sony borrowed it from Zee TV. Now that's sad.

4. Not enough choreographer judges

A more informed, authoritative and interesting panel would include at least one more choreographer. DID fans might know Remo but he isn't as well recognised as other famous choreographers who I would have liked to have seen as well, such as Shiamak Davar, Vaibhavi Merchant and Saroj Khan. Not Farah Khan though - she's best suited to judgin comedy shows.

Edited by xobile - 19 December 2010 at 6:11pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

aewaLeadNitratedebayon-Aaliyah-ZoobiDoobi

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

Hey guys, I have been watching JDJ from the time it started, and slowly I have seen it degrading. Season 1 & 2 were the best, the third one was alright(sorta rigged), but this season's the limit.

Firstly of all, a lot of dancers are already established and it's just not fair. Take Sushant Rajput, for example(his fans, please don't kill meLOL) He is a wonderful dancer, full of grace and all. But then we should consider the fact that he's already taken part in a dance competition and what more, won it! No wonder he got a 30 on his performance...he deserves it! But the million dollar question is: is his presence in a show that takes people who are proficient in their respective fields and nurtures it really justified, especially since he is already experienced in this sphere? If the answer's yes, then going by your logic, even someone like Mona Singh should be allowed to take part in this competition a second time. It also affects the competition: How will other participants, like Daya, Chang etc, participants who have never tried their hand in dancing before,fare against such dancers?

Secondly, what is this rubbish about the judges discussing before giving scores, that too in front of everybody. Whatever happened to individual opinions? If a judge feels like a particular participant didn't perform well, fine, don't give him/her good marks. But at least don't influence the decisions of the other judges.

Now I don't have a complaint, but rather a query: Many of the people here thought Shekhar Suman and Renuka Sahane gave bad performances. I just saw their performances, and I did not think that they were bad at all, it is obvious they would have certain problems in learning to excel in dance because they have never danced before and because of their physical restrictions, but they were pretty good for their first attempt, so I would like to ask why people thought that they were bad?Confused

On that note, I'd like to end my rant, comments, critcisms are appreciatedLOL

JDJ 4 has disappointed me.

1. The inclusion of experienced dancers

Yes, there are a few experienced dancers, which is inevitable given the number of relity TV shows out there - there has to be some recyclig eventually.

But I always thought that Jhalak was immune to this inequality because it isn't a show where people can do just any dance. It's a show where people have to learn various well-defined dance forms like salsa, rumba, waltz etc. So doing a couple of item songs or being good at thumkas wasn't an advantage in any case, because the show was not about performing 'Bollywood' dance.

For example, in season 2 there was an ex- Bharatnatyam dancer called Sudha Chandran who was actually disadvantaged by her dancing experience because she had to unlearn all her Bharatnatyam habits and take on ballroom techniques. Similarly, I'm sure Mika would have been great doing bhangra, with all that concert experience, but he was made to perform salsa and tango.

But in season 4, there are people with a lot of experience doing 'Bollywood' dancing and even in Jhalak, they're sticking to what they already know! They're letting great ballroom, latin and folk dance forms be mixed with much more Bollywood. I believe this is creating inequality.

2. Judges conferring before scoring

Judges are supposed to be independent. That's why each one of them gets to give a score instead one collective 'judge mark'.

3. Ugly set

The set is ugly. It seems like Sony borrowed it from Zee TV. Now that's sad.

4. Not enough choreographer judges

A more informed, authoritative and interesting panel would include at least one more choreographer. DID fans might know Remo but he isn't as well recognised as other famous choreographers who I would have liked to have seen in addition to Remo, such as Shiamak Davar, Vaibhavi Merchant and Saroj Khan.

Hey Buddy Hug

Glad to see u back on the Forum.

I agree with the Choreographer judges. They should have brought someone who didn't already participate on dance show.
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ZoobiDoobi

Hey Buddy Hug

Glad to see u back on the Forum.

I agree with the Choreographer judges. They should have brought someone who didn't already participate on dance show.

Hey Hug

Yeah it's a shame. I think they thought Madhuri alone would bring them all the success they need.

Go to top