Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

The many problems of JDJ 4 (Page 5)

Kai. IF-Sizzlerz
Kai.
Kai.

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 5:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Hey guys, I have been watching JDJ from the time it started, and slowly I have seen it degrading. Season 1 & 2 were the best, the third one was alright(sorta rigged), but this season's the limit.
 i haven't seen the earlier seasons so i can't comment on that!
Firstly of all, a lot of dancers are already established and it's just not fair. Take Sushant Rajput, for example(his fans, please don't kill meLOL) He is a wonderful dancer, full of grace and all. But then we should consider the fact that he's already taken part in a dance competition and what more, won it! sadly, he did not win but he is a fab dancer, did some of best performances in ZNKD 2 No wonder he got a 30 on his performance...he deserves it!yeap, u are talking abt the upcoming episode, i am very happy for him as he didn't get his due in ZND and from the promos it seems promising!! But the million dollar question is: is his presence in a show that takes people who are proficient in their respective fields and nurtures it really justified, especially since he is already experienced in this sphere? If the answer's yes, then going by your logic, even someone like Mona Singh should be allowed to take part in this competition a second time. It also affects the competition: How will other participants, like Daya, Chang etc, participants who have never tried their hand in dancing before,fare against such dancers?yeah that's the same problem i have with the show!!! Dancing on TV or for a movie is much easier as u have retakes but a live performance like JDJ is really tough. Secondly, the problem arises in the scores. judges considering their limited / lack of emperience in dancing and other factors tend to give them more marks as an encouragment but good performers don't get more than 24!!!
Sushant, Yana, Mahi, ankita, anushka were really good but their scores say otherwise.

Secondly, what is this rubbish about the judges discussing before giving scores, that too in front of everybody. Whatever happened to individual opinions? If a judge feels like a particular participant didn't perform well, fine, don't give him/her good marks. But at least don't influence the decisions of the other judges.i agree, i wish they stick to their individual opinion and give scores!

Now I don't have a complaint, but rather a query: Many of the people here thought Shekhar Suman and Renuka Sahane gave bad performances. I just saw their performances, and I did not think that they were bad at all, it is obvious they would have certain problems in learning to excel in dance because they have never danced before and because of their physical restrictions, but they were pretty good for their first attempt, so I would like to ask why people thought that they were bad?Confused
the boxer's performance was the worst, he didn't even put an effort!! Unlike Daya, Renuka, chang and of course Shekar they tried to learn and give their best - u cud see that in their performance!Embarrassed

On that note, I'd like to end my rant, comments, critcisms are appreciatedLOL

anyways, i will still watch it for MDTongue

Edited by Kai_Hiwatari - 19 December 2010 at 5:17am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

debayon

*Resham* IF-Veteran Member
*Resham*
*Resham*

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 5:28am | IP Logged
I would just like to mention tht whoever wins , the winning is never a criteria fr JDJ as mostly non dancers hv taken the cake....Mona Singh in the first season...and lastly Bhaichung....dont rem who won the second seasonLOL

For me IMO m just watching bec of MD...she might go partial ahead...which I wont like to see...bt still she is the sole reason why m watching it.....otherwise its hard to even see her nowadaysLOL

ZoobiDoobi

Kai. IF-Sizzlerz
Kai.
Kai.

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 5:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Resham*

I would just like to mention tht whoever wins , the winning is never a criteria fr JDJ as mostly non dancers hv taken the cake....Mona Singh in the first season...and lastly Bhaichung....dont rem who won the second seasonLOL

For me IMO m just watching bec of MD...she might go partial ahead...which I wont like to see...bt still she is the sole reason why m watching it.....otherwise its hard to even see her nowadaysLOL

i think second season was parchi (bani)Wink

i was so happy to see bhaichung win, Tongue

Edited by Kai_Hiwatari - 19 December 2010 at 5:37am
*Resham* IF-Veteran Member
*Resham*
*Resham*

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Thx dear...yes it ws indeed Prachi
-Priya- IF-Addictz
-Priya-
-Priya-

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 8:15am | IP Logged

to the topic maker sushant never won any comeptition the girls won znd not his team :P

plus thats the point many are eperienced
yanaa for one is a dancer (as her profession) so dont understand why this topic is abt sushant
in many other dance shows contestants have danced b4 why is it unfair here
the point of the show is to see hw a dancer improves not just their performance
and i agree bat discussing points but not ont he sushant one at all

CuteCherry

GkKgKklover Groupbie
GkKgKklover
GkKgKklover

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by GkKgKklover

this show is not really about who has dance experience from b4 rather it is about making thecelebrities dance as it is copied from Dancing with the stars show.. more or less most of the time celebrities gotta learn some dance toparticipatein different stage show ...some of them are really good..some are not at all....
I'll tell you the same thing that I told before...if experience doesn't matter, might as well bring in someone like Hrithik Roshan in the show.

do u really think those higher level movie actor or actresses would really even come...they have better things to do..plus in this case  celebriti includes tv actors actresses, sports players, singers etc etc
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 4:57pm | IP Logged
Alright, there's one thing I'm noticing in each of these posts: The fact that i'm singling out Sushant. Well, like I said before, I am not singling him out, I'm just using him as an example.

But just to appease you, I'll name some others:

Krushna also participated in a dance reality show, and some people told me that he even won it.
Yana is an item girl, who danced in movies, and in the first round itself, she danced on her very own song.
Even Ankita has some sort of dancing experience

I hope you guys are satisifed.
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

I actually disagree with you about the show degrading....I'm sorry but in my opinion JDJ gets better every season...this season is definitely the best one (IMO) because of Madhuri and the contestants they have picked

now I also disagree that a non-dancer competes with an experienced dancer....which is not true...since you gave the example of Sushant I'll take him....he was in ZND in which two teams competed....he was not an individual winner....in fact the girls won the competition.....and yes the serial crowd has had more experience in dancing....but that does not make them good dancers.....just because they've done it a few times doesnt mean they're good.....given that they probably know how reharsals work and how to move better......but that doesn't equate to good dancing which is what the show strives for (after audiences SMS money of course) which celeb who ISNT from a dancing background improves each week.....

because if going by that standard then Renuka also comes on the same boat....she's also done dancing in HAHK? so why is she excluded from this category....or even Chang who has tried dancing in Badmash Company?

but I do agree about the judging so far...I don't like that they discuss and then give marks....AND also they dont have a set criteria for these performances....what exactly are they looking for? because their comments are different for everyone regarding their judging...I hope they improve on that
Not really, in the previous seasons, there was a large variety of contestants, if someone was a sportsperson, the other was an actor, or a producer, etc...and no one knew dance at all! But I do respect your opinionsSmile

Ever heard of 'practice makes perfect'? Yeah, that is exactly what is happening here, these contestants who have already danced before have more experience and are familiar with the basic steps of dance etc, you know what I mean?

Ah, yes, Renuka has danced before....but now has she not gained weight? Does she not have a disadvantage or rather a hurdle in her way too, like the other inexperienced dancers? Let's look at Sudha Chandran from season 2, she was an experienced dancer too, but I never minded her presence. Wanna know why? Because she had a prosthetic leg, which also put her at a disadvantage. Yes, but Chang really didn't dance in BC, he more or less shook his leg, so you can disregard that 'experience'

Go to top