debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey guys, I have been watching JDJ from the time it started, and slowly I have seen it degrading. Season 1 & 2 were the best, the third one was alright(sorta rigged), but this season's the limit.

Firstly of all, a lot of dancers are already established and it's just not fair. Take Sushant Rajput, for example(his fans, please don't kill meπŸ˜†) He is a wonderful dancer, full of grace and all. But then we should consider the fact that he's already taken part in a dance competition and what more, won it! No wonder he got a 30 on his performance...he deserves it! But the million dollar question is: is his presence in a show that takes people who are proficient in their respective fields and nurtures it really justified, especially since he is already experienced in this sphere? If the answer's yes, then going by your logic, even someone like Mona Singh should be allowed to take part in this competition a second time. It also affects the competition: How will other participants, like Daya, Chang etc, participants who have never tried their hand in dancing before,fare against such dancers?

Secondly, what is this rubbish about the judges discussing before giving scores, that too in front of everybody. Whatever happened to individual opinions? If a judge feels like a particular participant didn't perform well, fine, don't give him/her good marks. But at least don't influence the decisions of the other judges.

Now I don't have a complaint, but rather a query: Many of the people here thought Shekhar Suman and Renuka Sahane gave bad performances. I just saw their performances, and I did not think that they were bad at all, it is obvious they would have certain problems in learning to excel in dance because they have never danced before and because of their physical restrictions, but they were pretty good for their first attempt, so I would like to ask why people thought that they were bad?πŸ˜•

On that note, I'd like to end my rant, comments, critcisms are appreciatedπŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Debu πŸ€—

First of all, nice siggies and glad to see ur CID guy on Jhalak πŸ˜†

I agree with the fact that some of the contestants r way too experienced.

And discussing the scoring was just way beyond the acceptance.
debayon thumbnail
Zoobi ji! πŸ€—

Why, thank you! πŸ˜†

Yeah, there's a whole list of them.... Krushna, Sushant, even Ankita has had a little experience.

lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Agreed. Also, apparently Sushant has learned dancing before? Its not fair to have experienced dancers competing with newbies.

Also, is it just me or are there way too many actors this year? I mean like in the first couple seasons, there was magicians, music composers, sportsmen, etc.This year, the majority of dancers are actors :/

Also, there are a lot of DID dancers on this show too now. What happened to all the other choreographers? Like Javed, Tina, Sonia, etc. The only returning experts are Nishant, Savio, and Marischa.
Edited by lovely_lady - 13 years ago
Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail

Hey dear I respect ur opinion but firstly sushant has not won any dance competition before and neither did he ever get 30 marks. Also there are many other actors who are popular on this show like ragini, mahi, ankita and others so its just not him.

XOXOgossipgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i agree with Vedika!
what dance show has he won before!!!?? 
he has just participated in Zara Nachke Dikha before this, in which the GIRLS won. and the poor fellow had to be off jhalak for around 2 or 3 weeks cause first he was hospitalised and then he had an issue with his leg.
Being fans of Sushant, it surprising we don't know which dance show he has won before!
and also, if he is a good dancer, he is! theres nothing he can do about it! and more than anything, he is an actor first! which is why he was asked to participate anyways!
GkKgKklover thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
this show is not really about who has dance experience from b4 rather it is about making the celebrities dance as it is copied from Dancing with the stars show.. more or less most of the time celebrities gotta learn some dance to participate in different stage show ...some of them are really good..some are not at all....
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I actually disagree with you about the show degrading....I'm sorry but in my opinion JDJ gets better every season...this season is definitely the best one (IMO) because of Madhuri and the contestants they have picked

now I also disagree that a non-dancer competes with an experienced dancer....which is not true...since you gave the example of Sushant I'll take him....he was in ZND in which two teams competed....he was not an individual winner....in fact the girls won the competition.....and yes the serial crowd has had more experience in dancing....but that does not make them good dancers.....just because they've done it a few times doesnt mean they're good.....given that they probably know how reharsals work and how to move better......but that doesn't equate to good dancing which is what the show strives for (after audiences SMS money of course) which celeb who ISNT from a dancing background improves each week.....

because if going by that standard then Renuka also comes on the same boat....she's also done dancing in HAHK? so why is she excluded from this category....or even Chang who has tried dancing in Badmash Company?

but I do agree about the judging so far...I don't like that they discuss and then give marks....AND also they dont have a set criteria for these performances....what exactly are they looking for? because their comments are different for everyone regarding their judging...I hope they improve on that
Edited by Tani91 - 13 years ago
debayon thumbnail
Originally posted by: Vedika126

Hey dear I respect ur opinion but firstly sushant has not won any dance competition beforeand neither did he ever get 30 marks. Also there are many other actors who are popular on this show like ragini, mahi, ankita and others so its just not him.

Oh I'm sorry, I should've gotten my facts straight, I guess. No, I'm not singling him out, just giving an example. Sorry if I offended you 😊 Edited by debayon - 13 years ago
debayon thumbnail
Originally posted by: XOXOgossipgirl

i agree with Vedika!

what dance show has he won before!!!??
he has just participated in Zara Nachke Dikha before this, in which the GIRLS won. and the poor fellow had to be off jhalak for around 2 or 3 weeks cause first he was hospitalised and then he had an issue with his leg.
Being fans of Sushant, it surprising we don't know which dance show he has won before!
and also, if he is a good dancer, he is! theres nothing he can do about it! and more than anything, he is an actor first! which is why he was asked to participate anyways!

OK, so the prerequisite for entering the show is being an actor? Alroght, let's bring in Hrithik Roshan, shall we?