India-Forums

Pakistani Serials
Pakistani Serials

DOTW: Escapism & Realism (Page 2)

Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
btw, i also have couple of topics for next dotw.. we can mutually decide what topic to discuss..:)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity.

Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by seert

And yes people can relate to them since they are based on the reality we see in our own country, culture and community. Sure we get entertainment but along with that, we also get tid bits of what we see around us. I mean one of the reasons why I like Daam a lot is that it shows the poor man's struggles. Malal was good because it showed the stupid biases people have for women in the West. And of course there are many other examples.

agree.. and i would also give credit to our dialogue writers.. they dont heavy duty dialogues jo ser k uper se guzerte hon.. they write dialogues wch v use in our day 2 day life.. like in malaal & vasl.. in the beginning of both the shows.. there are few funny moments nt bcos of funny incidents but purely bcos of casual dialogues used there..so thumbs up to our dialogue writes..Thumbs Up

farahs_6

farahs_6 IF-Dazzler
farahs_6
farahs_6

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by seert

Originally posted by Usman.

first of all thanx fr opening this discussion thread..
about the topic.. i agree with you...the credit goes to the private channels of Pak i-e geo, ary & humtv.. not only for their creativity but also for promotions.. they promote the serial so well that u actually want to watch it..
though there are few serials i have come across wch air on same channels.. and they are ditto copy of never ending indian saas bahu sagas like samdhan, maasi aur malka, tere pehlu mein & many more... with super artificial faces & saree clad women etc..

also i prefer serials wch do not go on and on and on.. plus here serials are made on all topics..not only one...

like malaal was the story of moden girl & her compatibility problems..
vasl.. a girl torn between her two families (her ex- and present)
MZZB had a religious touch in it..also showed wen extreme love and jealousy make people blind
teri ik nazar.. a love story of two sisters.. wch was depicted beautifully.. though there was nothing new in this one but the picturization was such that it made people glued to their tv...
similarly another serial wch was based on issue of 'halaala' i forgot the name of that serial..
also uraan and qaid e tanhai are two current top serials.. and very different from the above mentioned.. there are many more and i can go on and on.. but i leave something for the other people to write...LOL

Your welcome Usman :)
Interesting, I didn't know about the whole channel bit since I don't get those but how is Ptv? I mean for a long time now that was Pakistan's main channel and they've shown some very good stuff. Has it gone all bad now though?

And yep I like how Pak dramas are all very realistic but they all depict a different thread of Pakistan. As you yourself gave examples, all those shows are made on different subjects whoever realism is the main theme. And I think it's pretty much the main theme in all (good) Pak dramas. I remember the old ones like the ones by Haseena Moin or some others in the 80s and 90s...they were all so entertaining and yet realistic. I don't think one needs to compromise on entertainment while showing realism.

P.S. I heard Haseena Moin has gone all cuckoo now and she writes those never ending saas bahu sagas? It's a shame.

@bold..... No... Haseena Moin has not written any never ending saas bahu sagas, not in my knowledge atleast......She had written 1-2  serials few yrs ago, but were not such hits.... and she hasnt written for some time now.....I've seen some interviews of hers, and she wasnt soo happy with the directors and actors.. She said these days they donot implement and interpret things, the way it was done..earlier..but her those serials were in the time period, when Pakistani drama industry had a downfall, and generally those days, mostly serials had great influence of indian dramas... In last 3-4 yrs, our television industry has picked up again......so i hope she writes something fabulous again...

Farah

Farah

Edited by farahs_6 - 21 December 2010 at 7:23am

Usman.

serendipity. IF-Addictz
serendipity.
serendipity.

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:10am | IP Logged
@Usman: Post the topics... lets see...

Usman.

Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -_AfridiMalik_-

@Usman: Post the topics... lets see...

1) Future of Lollywood
2) Reality Shows in Pakistan..

serendipity.

serendipity. IF-Addictz
serendipity.
serendipity.

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 10:35am | IP Logged
the 2nd 1 is AWESOME! *claps*

Usman.

Annu.. IF-Rockerz
Annu..
Annu..

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:14am | IP Logged

it seems like Pakistani writers do know how to depict realism in fictions.. this mentality of anything can be shown in the name of fiction, does not exist here atleast.. 

we viewers have got so used to watching realistic serials that if anything comes on TV which is far from realism never captures our attention.. so for the acceptance of his/her work from the general audience, a writer is bound to show reality in the serial.. A big credit goes to our seasoned actors also who refused to be the part of daily soaps and indian style dramas some yrs ago..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

farahs_6Usman.

seert IF-Rockerz

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:48am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

farahs_6Usman.serendipity.

Go to top