Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

FF~:Friends Forever:~ All Shanak Update : page 35 (Page 20)

-Manita- IF-Rockerz
-Manita-
-Manita-

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
hey all..........updating Part 6.......

hope you all like it...

Part 6.

It had been four months of dilemma for Gaurav and his life was going through a turbulence of extreme measure.

He had been in Canada for past four and a half years and had made a position for himself in a reputed company.

He was not just another lucky guy or the one who had rich relatives staying abroad to help him. On the contrary, he had reached that space on his own merit.

He had always been a brilliant student with straightforward approach to issues…he had put in tremendous amount of hard work and had finally secured a coveted position in his company. But a few months back he realised that his younger brother Akhil and his wife wanted to move to Australia as Akhil's boss had opened a new office in Australia and wanted him to take charge. Suddenly Gaurav realised that they had a mom to take care of and he had always taken it for granted as Akhil was always there for mom.

He thought it to be too mean to talk about this to Akhil as he had every right to think about his future and being an older son Gaurav came to take care of their mom. Sharda had acted very sensible in all this and agreed to move to Canada with Gaurav. According to her, all she had in her life was her two sons and she didn't want them to compromise their careers for her.

After taking her to Canada with him, Gaurav sensed that she progressively became  very depressed. She had no one to talk to the whole day and she would stay quiet to hide her loneliness. She started losing her health and gradually Gaurav realised that he was not being fair to her.

He brought her back to India, specifically to Mumbai.

She had tried to manage in Canada but couldn't succeed as her heart was in India. Gaurav could understand that and it was fine with him as long as she missed the country and their relatives. What hurt him most was her missing their father and he could not bear the pain she went through long after their father had died.

Finally one month back he shifted completely to Mumbai.

Strange, but he felt uprooted while returning to his own country…. 

He decided against working for someone else. Now he had made up his mind to do a business of his own.

He was lost deep in his thoughts when Sharda entered the room and switched the lights on.

"Why are you sitting in the dark?"

"Just like that Ma,"he said and added jokingly, "I was meditating…".

"Chal………meditation aur tu…." She laughed affectionately and reached for his ruffled bed covers and started folding them. He straightened up making a place for her to sit.

"You know Gaurav, when you stay alone for some time, you start becoming weird"

"If you are trying to say that I am becoming weird, than don't bother…as I was always weird…." He laughed to keep the conversation light as he exactly knew where it was heading….towards his marriage.

"Can't you be a little serious? You know it very well that I want you to get married and be happy in life."

"Please be specific Ma……do you want me to get married or you want me to be happy…?" he knew that this was the only way to discourage her as she would become frustrated and leave.

But Sharda was determined today…..she had brought a few photographs with her which she flashed in front of him. She absolutely refused to budge.

"Thanks Ma…." He sighed and surprised Sharda.

"Thanks ??......"

"Aur Kya?…..Yeh prove karne ke liye ki tum normal ho….A Typical Normal Indian Mom ho," He stressed each word in a way that she couldn't resist her laughter.

"Aur main teri shaadi karwa ke rahungi…." She said determinedly and got up to go.

"Tumhe har thode din baad kya bhoot sawaar ho jata hai?"

"Abki baar yeh bhoot nahin hai bacchoo……..what are you waiting for? You have saved enough money while working in Canada…..you are experienced, are capable of doing anything you wish….I really don't understand what exactly do you want?"

"I just want you to give me some time…"

"How much time?"

"At least 5 years….I'll get married when I am 31….alright?"

"And do you expect all pretty, qualified, eligible young girls to wait for you till then?"

"I'll marry whoever is left….. is it fine?" he winked.

By this time, his dog 'Cuddle', a Labrador, entered and true to his name, jumped on his bed and snuggled close to him.

Gaurav paid some attention to his pet getting enough reason to avoid the questioning from his mom.

Unsuccessful yet again…Sharda left.

He brushed Cuddle's hair and remembered the time when he was only 35 days old. Cuddle was brought to his house by Paridhi when she was leaving with her mom for a month long vacation to her aunt's place in Singapore. As there was no one to take care of the puppy at her place, she left little Cuddle with Gaurav so that he could be taken care of. Puppy Cuddle spent one month with Gaurav, Akhil and Sharda….and never left after that.

Gaurav smiled to himself and was proud of how cuddle completely refused to leave their home. He had been a baby of their home since then.

Paridhi………….Gaurav thought about her and a whiff of fresh air touched him all over. She had been the only girl whom he was close to in the college days. Paridhi, Shaan and Abhijit were the only friends he had in college. And he never felt alone. Now he has 987 people added in his personal profile on facebook but none he could actually call 'friend'…..

He smiled at the word 'friends' used on the networking sites……sometimes you barely know people who you have added.

A small pang of loneliness hit him. He longed to talk to someone….since a long time he had not had a heart to heart talk with a close friend and he always thought he was beyond that need now…..but today he felt that this need is something eternal.

He wondered where Paridhi was presently….she wasn't much active on networking sites.

The last time he saw Paridhi was at the party at Shaan's house and after that there was no communication from either side. He sighed.

He closed his eyes.

He remembered Paridhi in a beautiful peach coloured churidaar and silver odhani, which she had worn for college Golden Jubilee celebrations…..She had organised the closing ceremony and everybody was so proud of her. The whole group and their batch was there to cheer her when she compered…..

While the function was still going on, she realised that she had forgotten to carry the mementos to be given away at the end of the function and she rushed to the 2nd floor hall above the auditorium to fetch the necessary things she had left there. She did not know that Gaurav was present in one end of the hall packing the gifts for the speakers. She reached the hall and searched for a bag. Her eyes rested on Gaurav who by now was conscious of her presence and tried to concentrate on his work.

"Thank god you are here Gaurav….I came running but now I realised that the bag will be too heavy for me to carry it down…." She came nearer.

"Why don't you pack the bag and leave it here…I'll bring it along with me when I come down." He became increasingly aware of her presence that unsettled everything about him.

Of late he had been noticing the effect of Paridhi's presence on him and this made him avoid her more and more. He moved sideways to avoid eye contact.

"Kyon….mere saath neeche jaane se tumhaari market value kam ho jayegi kya…?" Paridhi was as blunt and as upfront as him.

"Paagal ho…..kya bolti jaa rahi ho," he disregarded her comment and got up from his chair to go.

"Mujhe jo laga maine bol diya……I want you to come down with me and with that bag in your hand." She had an affectionate authority in her voice.

"And what makes you think that I am going to follow every instruction that you give." He looked at her straight. He enjoyed talking to her….He loved being challenged by her.

"That is just because you are my best friend." She said slowly, her tone changed.

"Who toh Shaan, Abhijit aur Natasha bhi hain….sabse aisey baat karti ho kya?" he had his answers always ready.

She fumbled with her words and turned to let her back face him. She did not want him to see her blushing.

He had always promised himself that he will stay away from her. He had talked to himself against it nearly hundred times…..and he was very sure to avoid her. But he always forgot every sane thought the moment she was around him…

He stepped forward so as to stand very close to her still maintaining a distance of decency…..he was immediately behind her and could hear her breathing. He told himself to turn around and leave………immediately.

But surprised himself by going around to stand in front of her so that they faced each other now.

He folded his hands around his chest and leaned against the wall, fixing his eyes on her and asked, "Paridhi, the society for war victims is organising a charity ball this Sunday. If I asked you to accompany me, would you care to do so?"

She composed herself to hide her ecstasy and didn't want to show her eagerness, she simply said, "well….if you help me now and all through the fest, I might consider."

She laughed and her smiles made him smile for next two days.

……………………………………………………………….

Khanak was in the paathshaala since evening and was busy arranging the things that were lying all over the place. Shantanu arrived and kept looking at her for quite a few minutes

She was lovely as ever in a deep red churidaar. Whenever she picked something from the ground, her silky hair fell on her cheeks and occasionally caressed her lips. She twitched her mouth every time she bumped into something she didn't know where to keep.

Suddenly she realised that a strong figure is standing at the entrance, her back was facing him.

"array aap aa gaye?"

"wow…..ise kahte hain pyar….tumhe kaise ehsaas hua ki main yahan hun, jabki tumhaara chehra doosri taraf tha."

"Pyaar nahin……………dimag. Woh dekhiye.." she showed him a glass show piece which showed the image of entrance door, "maine aapko dekhkar bola tha…..na ki ehsaas se………"

"Thik hai toh phir bol do ki mera ehsaas tumhe nahin satata…bolo"….

She kept quiet when he finally noticed the room again.

"Kya kar rahi ho yaar…..main tumhe saare ghar mein dhoondh raha tha." He said mildly irritated.

"Main Safai kar rahi thi…."she replied innocently.

"Maine tumse kaha hai na ki apna raaj-paat sab harilal ko de do….."

"Paathshaala shuroo karni hai ki nahin? Main kisi ka intezar kyu karoo safai ke liye. Yeh paathshaala toh hamari hai na."

"hamari?"

"Haan…………..hum dono ki…..aur yahan kya kaha hona chahiye, yeh toh hamein hi pata hai nah….." she sounded victorious.

"Sahi kaha,…………………….kya baat hai yaar, mere saath rahker toh tum bahut intelligent ho gayi ho."

"Ji nahin……yeh kahiye ki mere saath rahker bhi tum intelligent baatein karti ho Khanak.." she repeated her name in his usual tone.

"Accha, bahut ghamand ho gaya hai tumhe….....thik hai main jaata hun…peeche mat aana."

"Aap kahin nahin jaa rahe, yahin rahiye aur safai mein madad kijiye.

"Khanak…" he wanted to run away.

"No…..Maine kaha na No," her tone was exactly similar to what he had used when he stopped her from going in the kitchen.

He simply loved this act of hers.

"Ok….Ma'm"

"Yeh aapke haath mein kya hai?"

He shows the card to her.

"Arrey yeh to nimantran patra hai…."

"Kya hai?……..har cheez mein mantra – tantra hota hai kya tumhaare?…..yeh simple sa invitation card hai….."

"Magar kiska?"

"Mere college ki ek casual friend hai…….Roshni…… kabhi kabhi business conferences main mil jaati hai…uski shaadi hai is Sunday ko, mere hi ek doosre batchmate ke saath…..isiliye aaj uska phone bhi aaya aur card bhi. Kuch khaas nahi, sirf casual friend thi….."

"Maine jab aapse kuch poocha hi nahi toh aap itni safai kyon de rahe hain?"

"Safai?…main kahan safai de raha hun…..safai toh tum kar rahi ho na?" he was confused.

Lekin doosron ki shaadi mein itna khush kyon ho rahe hain?" she asked, "Khud ki shaadi mein toh kaise muh fula ke baithe the."

"Who toh isliye ki hamari shaadi mein tumhaara poora gaon itna tacky make-up karke pahuncha tha ki koi bhi behosh ho jaata…….main toh phir bhi himmat kar ke baitha raha." He teased her.

"Kya kaha? Phir mere gaon ka naam liya?" she took the ruler to bang him but he acted as if to bow in front of her to take a spanking….eventually making her laugh like a baby.

"Ek baar dekho toh sahi….Shaadi Goa mein hai," he chuckled.

"Goa?"

"Haan Sunday ko hai….Firstly, most of my college friends will come, you wanted to know some of them nah…..I'll make you meet many. Secondly….socho Khanak socho," he said this and came near her, holding her in his arms and whispered, " Goa aur hum dono…..romance in the air………….."

She blushed and said, "Toh yeh thi asli wajah……!"

To be continued…………….

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

IshBinktymfan.Rupali.garfield1209iluvmanarmoreremixjparkerpurvi08RB81Fanaahadventure_gurlkubareThe_May_Rose

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDD....

VERY VERY CLASSSY....aap tho classiness ko bhi peeche chod aayi...fantastic....I read the Shanak scene twice....maybe becos I could imagine the conversation in their pathshaala...man has Khanak grown up??..get her to gush a little..or even tease a little...Now why did I think you brought gaurav for natasha...I think I ahve to read that part again....but you better keep updating...LOVELY!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

IshBin.Rupali.-Manita-

-Manita- IF-Rockerz
-Manita-
-Manita-

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saaaz

VERY VERY CLASSSY....aap tho classiness ko bhi peeche chod aayi...fantastic....I read the Shanak scene twice....maybe becos I could imagine the conversation in their pathshaala...man has Khanak grown up??..get her to gush a little..or even tease a little...Now why did I think you brought gaurav for natasha...I think I ahve to read that part again....but you better keep updating...LOVELY!!

nahin rey saaz....they have not grown up.....they react differently at different times..........she will be gushing loads in Goa....I believe..............LOLLOLLOLtoo much of lovey dovey makes me diabetic.........so we'll save it for the best.........WinkWink

Thanks a lot for reading and commenting.......
Gaurav has Paridhi in his life, he doesn't accept it..........Natasha will also be taken care ofWink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kubare

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rbo_fan

Originally posted by saaaz

nahin rey saaz....they have not grown up.....they react differently at different times..........she will be gushing loads in Goa....I believe..............LOLLOLLOLtoo much of lovey dovey makes me diabetic.........so we'll save it for the best.........WinkWink

Thanks a lot for reading and commenting.......
Gaurav has Paridhi in his life, he doesn't accept it..........Natasha will also be taken care ofWink

HAye...haye...what a promo this was....get her to tease him more than gush in Goa...AWWW ...now cannot wait for the next part...Chal teri Paridhi hi sahi..  tho pyaar se Gaurav usse Ridhi bulata hai ya Pari???? Big smile.i had imagined Gaurav for Natasha...damn it!!!Smile...maine tho unke shaadi ke nimantran patr bhi chapva diye...unka main kya karooon????LOL...I should probably stop now...Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Manita-kubare

-Manita- IF-Rockerz
-Manita-
-Manita-

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
@ saaz - abhi ruk jaa.........nimantran patra chapwana but we can wait for Natasha to come back as I gave a thought of gaurav and natasha but it would have been thoda aur complicated.......hehehe

You should love gaurav and paridhi.............gaurav will call her pari.....

saaazkubare

iluvmanar IF-Dazzler
iluvmanar
iluvmanar

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
awesome yaar...thanks 4 the update...

-Manita-

NinjaInPyjamas IF-Rockerz
NinjaInPyjamas
NinjaInPyjamas

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
When are we reaching Goa??LOLLOLLOL

-Manita-

destinylove IF-Rockerz
destinylove
destinylove

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
lol with vat...want the goa scene  for holidays...manita superb so far..............

-Manita-NinjaInPyjamas

Go to top