Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Do you rely on word of mouth to see a film? (Page 2)

MeghaSRKLover IF-Sizzlerz
MeghaSRKLover
MeghaSRKLover

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
^i think kites was very hyped and ppl said the promos are fab n stuff
i almost almost almost went but im happy i didnt! LOL
same happened for guzaarish
i was so suprised when me n a frnd were in line to buy my ticket that many asian in line were going for Golmaal 3 but even more were going for HP 7 so @ the last minute i went to see HP 7 for the 2nd time becos i dont think i could have handled golmaal LOL

Once upon a lifetime... didnt look interesting on tv @ all but when i watched it i was suprised, it was nice

so sometimes promos on tv etc. dont work as well for me

Edited by MeghaSRKLover - 18 December 2010 at 2:26pm

Abbyviv Goldie
Abbyviv
Abbyviv

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
I remember "black" and ppl saying how good it was etc etc that I actually bought the DVD.. watched the first 20 mins or so.. and believe me, I turned it off after 20 mins.. or less ..and havent finished it til this moment.. it's been years .. I'm sure Rani was fab in it... but however, the opinions n values are mostly different n a shoe that fits one person pinches another

But If it's my fav stars in the movie then as mentioned earlier, I watch it no matter what .. there's no other way

for the rest, recommended movies, hyped movies! I watch the trailer first if it looks interesting, then I'll check rating on IMDB.. and the contents of it! I mostly don't read reviews coz it may contain spoilers  ...also, reviews are just opinions of each individual and different ppl have different choices, even critics can't be objective all the time! n I might actually like a movie that got a bad review! but will read reviews afterwards! 

n it is important to me coz I am gonna waste or spend .. lets say 2 hours of my life?.. it has to be worth it 
perfectlyflawed IF-Sizzlerz
perfectlyflawed
perfectlyflawed

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
I dnt rely  but i do ask my frnd how they liked  if they see the movie before me .. it helps me to get a clearer view of the movie perhaps ..
 N If i knw tht the person who is recommending has same taste in movies like me .. it helps even more to judge... but yh if i want to watch a movie i watch it no matter wat i hear abt the movie.
.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:16am | IP Logged
sometimes...the only 3 hindi movies i have watched in theatre r aamir's 3I, srk's MNIK & sallu's dabangg lol
zeenia IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:39am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Word of mouth actually does play a pretty big role in how i decide to.. well.. download >.< ahaha. 

like, Love Sex Aur Dhoka was a solely word of mouth thing, I knew it had good reviews and everything but it was the support it got from people, and the recommendations for it that formulated, which led me to watching it.
and I will be thankful to all the mouths that worded LSD to me. 

Also teh same case with Dev. D. in this case, it didn't have a lot of supportive reviews in the beginning, but my brother and cousins liked it quite a bit, led me to watching it myself.

depends on WHO i receive word about, but yes, in many cases, i do depend on word of mouth to decide which movies to watch
Kai. IF-Sizzlerz
Kai.
Kai.

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by eroticlover

Tongue  Sometimes word of mouth helps a film become a runaway hit.  But, it always doesn't work.  The fact is, word of mouth can be helpful in determining whether to see a film or not.  It is always best to use your own judgment, but other opinions can be helpful as well!

Do you rely on word of mouth to see a film?

Star

i first rely on the promos, if i like then there is good chance will watch the movie.
sometimes i do see the reviews just to know it it's worth spending 3 hrs on a movie!
However, when i like a movie i am on the promotion spreeLOLLOLLOL currently i just can't stop going ga ga over BBB. I just saw it yesterday i was so wrong abt Ranveer from the promosOuch

hey plz do watch baad baajaa baaraat, it's awesomeThumbs Up full on entertainment!
Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 9:25am | IP Logged
not really... because if i don't have inclinations to watch a movie, does not matter how much everyone is praising it, i won't watch it...!  LOLLOL  

Go to top