India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

SS- The Thali

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 9:58am | IP Logged

This story is dedicated to Mishal Raheja as Dutta Bhau...I simply loved the scene where he drops the plate purposely to draw Naku's attention and when he sees her shadow at the kitchen door, the flash of expression he gave...sad but happy....it reminded me of a poem by Walter Scott...called Lochinvar....With a smile on her lips and a tear in her eye.....this story is a toast to that scene and for Dutta Bhau....( I wanted to write Christmas stories, after posting one story, I got to see this episode and could not concentrate on anything till I wrote something, but marriage season is on, so was not getting time...anyway finally wrote something, I hope you will enjoy it and do leave your comments) 

My other FF in LTL forum is http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1528386  - Ek Duje Ke liye !!
+++++++++++++++

SS - The Thali...

He dropped the plate and waited holding his breath...did not have to wait long as within a few seconds he saw the shadow at the door....yes he knew she would come, she always does and never goes to sleep without him back in the house....he smiled with a bit of joy and relief, a bit of sadness too, he knew he was going against his mind but then his heart seldom listens to his mind specially where Nakusha was concerned...

Mujhe khana de de.....he said before stumbling out to sit on the table....slipping between dozing off and waiting for food, for the mouth watering smell  was reaching his nostrils as they were being heated up...finally with a thud the plate was placed in front of him...ladkiyo ko itna gussa shobha nehi deta he mumbled opening his eyes to see his sister Madhu standing .....

Khana kha lo bhaiya, she pulled a chair to sit .....

He looked at the food, his favourite dishes, they smelled of her too but she was not there, he raised his eyes to scan the room, no she was truly not present....

He tried to tear the chapatti...disgusted he let go raising his hands....Madhu taking the queue picked it up and held a helping at his mouth...it seems her vehini has been teaching her well, he could not help but observe despite of his present state....

The food seemed to lose half its taste...when she fed him, it was always so tasty and filling...

Aaj daal theek nehi bana, he grumbled...

It tasted perfect to me, Madhu pressed her smile, infact one of the best tasting dals I ever had....

Kyu London me achha khana nehi milta hai kya...

Milta hai na but then you have to pay for those and when you are a student you have to live within your means...khana banati thi mai apna bhuk mitane ke liye...jeene ke liye....unlike Bhabi who cooks to win over your heart as well as stomach....

Hmmm he made a face like a five year old....Half way through, he stopped her...ho giya....I had enough...

Pura kha lo bhaiya nehi toh bhabi gussa karegi...

Karne do gussa, mujhe koi farak nehi parta hai....bula ne par bhi nehi ati...the end of it he said it almost to himself...getting up to leave....

Oh what a grouchy man he is...Madhu cursed in her usual London English...which obviously Dutta did not understand as his command over the language was very limited...

Kya...he turned to look at Madhu.....

Kuch nehi, Madhu shook her head....

Oh ...he turned towards the stairs when he heard, Madhu calling softly, Bhabi come and have your dinner, Bhaiya has eaten....he stopped for a second...for whom does she wait....why does she wait up for him....kyu...kyu...why is she trying to make me feel guilty...entering his room, he saw his clothes laid out, bed made...he knew she had got it done for him, she has promised not to enter this room until he calls her....taking out his pistols he threw them on the bed...kya jaroorat hai karne ke liye...why does she give me pain in the first place...now she is now trying to sooth him...ooh Naku why couldn't you trust me with your secret...aisa har bar kyu hota hai...I get hurt...

++++++

Naku entered her room like him her stomach was filled but not her heart...she ate because she knew she needed food for her strength but the real pleasure of seeing him eat and enjoy the food was not there, the  pleasure of him watching her eat, giving his half smile and then pushing bits and pieces from his plate to hers....

Washing her face she stood in front of the small Ganapati idol in her room...one more day gone but for how long?  She asked.....

+++++

Inspite of her best efforts, Dutta knew as soon as the maid put the tea next to his bedside table, shutting his eyes tightly he commanded her to take it away.....

Mujhe vehini ne rakhne ke liye kaha, le kar jane ke liye nehi...she replied the same thing for the 4th day....

Gar kiska hai, Dutta sat up, he could take it no more.....he hated to see her face first thing in the morning and hear her voice was the last thing he wanted to hear....

Ayi Sahib has instructed me that my boss is Vehini....as a house cannot run under too many masters my final orders will be given by vehini...the grumpy faced maid replied in an emotionless voice....

Goodness gracious me....she is not my wife....or lets say I refuse to acknowledge her as my wife and look at her bossing around in my house...he thought...ja idhar se...nikal mere samnne se, he dismissed her with a wave of his hand....picking up the cup, he made a face

++++++

He stood on top of the stairs looking down ...the breakfast table was empty, the family already had theirs, he looked around...she was not to be seen...kaha chhupi baithi rehti hai he thought....he has not seen her for last four days...aisa toh nehi kaha usne she will not come in front of me...she only said she will not come into their room.....let her go to hell what do I bother...he climbed down....hearing his steps , like usual Madhu came out of the kitchen, Bhaiya, Good morning...did you have a nice sleep...abh breakfast karlo garma garam.....

I am not hungry...his eyes automatically searched her....

Bhaiya now be a good boy, you know how much pain Bhabi takes to prepare your food...

I didn't ask her to...he replied in a monotone....

Madhu held the tray upto him...see your favourite poha, with mint chutney...yummy.....and these sandwiches...hmmm I made them....won't you try them out....

I thought you said......

Ha ha she is teaching me to cook but I am also teaching her a few tricks I learnt in my years in London....

Hmmm he picked up a couple of sandwiches and looked towards the kitchen automatically when he thought he saw a figure moving away quickly into it vanishing from his sight .....munching the sandwich he went out....

+++++

Poha nehi khaye....Madhu put down the tray....Nakusha smiled...koi baath nehi, he atleast won't go hungry as the sandwiches are very filling....

Madhu looked sadly at her Bhabi....why is she doing all these...is it because she was not very educated and this house provided her a security or is it love....can it be so all consuming ?  Madhu thought, she was sure the man she falls for, she will not do so much...I will not bear these nonsense for sure, she told her once again, as she heard Nakusha asking the maid to clean his room and bring his dirty clothes down so that she could wash them....

Bhabi...Madhu called out...

Nakusha looked at her and then smiled self consciously, she knew what was going on in Madhu's head...

Madhu nodded her head....that man will come drunk and expect his wife to serve him and feed him, his eyes always searching for her but refusing to acknowledge her....is this his showing of love...

Come bhabi, I have a plan for tonight.....

++++++

Dutta watched the sea, sitting in the dock, he was waiting for his goods to get unloaded...it was lunch time, Sudarshan placed a small plastic stool in front of him, placing the tiffin carrier he was about to open it when Dutta stopped him...rehne do...you have your lunch, I will manage.....

Sudarshan hesitated...normally Bajirao always laid it out for him, he has seen it with his own eyes...often sharing out of the same tiffin.....Dutta does not share his with him and now does not what him to lay it out also.....

Bhau I do know how to ....

Just don't touch it....let it be....I said I will manage he replied a bit sternly...Sudarshan stepped back....going back to his place...

Dutta felt the box, Naku must have put the food with her own hands, he could almost see her doing it...first two days he did not eat...refusing to touch anything made by her.....she still gives...what does she want to prove....opening the box he picked up the spoon automatically, eating remembering the scenes in the jungle, now they shared the fruits he collected.....

He watched the labourers breaking for lunch, a man and a woman sitting in the corner and sharing their food must be husband and wife, the wife dividing the food, handing over the husband his share and the man returning bit of his food as he was not happy the share the wife kept for herself.....they were fighting over it....Dutta looked away...it was too personal, too intimate.....'I will not enter this room until you call me' he heard her saying it once again, his heart felt empty, vacuum, kamre me nehi ati hai but does not give him an opportunity to forget her....as long he is in his senses she fills it with herself and when he drinks to become senseless he starts wanting her more and more.....

++++++

Dutta stumble  into the house like previous nights, going towards dining hall....khana de de mujhe , he calls out taking  a seat....after few minutes realises the usual activity hearing him enter was missing....he opened his eyes to look...of course she knows I am back....she never misses it.....

Nakusha .....he called out.......no one came......he frowned ....Naku...he was about to call again...no she will not come in front...Ma...madhu khana laga de.....he knew Ayi Sahib will also not come out as she hated seeing him in this condition....kya re...aaj mai kya bhuka sowunga...sab ke sab kaha mar gaye??  He asked aloud, coming towards the kitchen, entering it he saw a tray containing his plate with food, neatly laid out....abh Madhu kaha mar gayi...what is wrong with her? 

Jahanum me jaye...he picked up the tray and sat down to eat, stuffing himself, the food was tasteless ...making a face, he pushed the tray and got up...turning towards his room......then he remembered....someone must be waiting hungry to have  dinner, she does not eat until he does, no matter what...he turned stumbling forward...

++++++

Naku was sitting in her room leaning against the bed....Madhu insisted that neither of them will wait on to him today...Naku did not want to agree but Madhu made her promise...let him eat himself...we will not wait onto him....

Bechara bhuka reh jayega raath ko...Naku had commented looking sad....

Never mind Bhabi one night if he remains hungry kuch nehi hoga...as it is he does not have his full dinner....he does not enjoy eating from my hands but if he wants to eat from yours let him come and ask you...isn't it?

Madhu I told you I will only answer to his call when he calls me in his senses...aisa bawrapan ki halat me nehi....

I know Bhabi but then he has to start somewhere....we have to break this bloody stalemate...

Naku sat with her hands clasped, her senses alert, trying to hear all the noises he was making, trying hard to keep calm...suddenly it was silent....has he gone up to his room?  So soon ...that means he has not eaten anything...Naku wanted to jump up but Madhu had made her promise that she will not go out of this room until Madhu calls her out.....

+++++

The room was dimly lit, but he knew she was in there, he could almost see her, sitting leaning against the bed, her usual way of waiting for him....

+++++

Naku strained her ears, she heard no noise, not even Madhu's movements, what is wrong ?  Has he passed out?  Has he drank too much?  Abh kya hoga, should she call Baji Bhau to take him upto his room?  Naku opened her eyes to see a shadow in front of her...she looked up to see him standing at the door.....

Khana nehi khayegi, he asked as soon as she stood up......

Naku looked away....

He entered the room to come and stand in front of her.....tera bhuk hartal chal raha hai kya?  He asked softly...

Naku wrinkled her nose, the smell of liquor she never liked......

Jab pasand nehi hai, tabh itna satati kyu hai, his voice was husky.....

Mai aapko satati hu?  Naku asked.....

He cupped her face, wiping her silent tears with his thumb, he said, don't I have the right to feel sad and angry...my wife has got  such a big secret and she shares it with all but me....kya mai tera nehi hu, Naku? Why am I the last one to know something so important in your life?

Naku looked into his eyes, they were steady, not like the times when he is drunk.....

Aaj me bewra nehi hu Naku, yes I did sprinkle some liquor on my clothes, tujhe mujh par daya a jaye, kum se kum ekbar darshan de de dinbhar me....he bit his lips....

Sahab, Naku cried hugging him tightly......

He breathed deeply, Oh it felt so good, all his pain seem to vanish.....

+++++

Madhu looked at Bajirao and smiled, he smiled back, Dutta was carrying his wife to their room, they were lost in their world looking deeply into each other's eyes, his legs were steady and did not falter as he carried her up....

++++++the end+++++

Edited by tintiny - 19 December 2010 at 7:09pm

The following 34 member(s) liked the above post:

merunshamnasasalipinklilliesarchanadamaniadikuloloKavitaDRpiyushidivya17-7chitrakshgeetlizdarcyshruti10augustsasha_1AbhiAniprettywomansparikhswati2008kiran255mariescott14sinakbfunofbb123Wanderbugmozart66ushankitvcmIsHeZ.x-bharti-blueopal.scorpio10Sophia21rainurubalPrinsesse.Suvi...Natasha...Sanely_Insane_Eternity_MrsKhan

mIsHeZ.x IF-Rockerz
mIsHeZ.x
mIsHeZ.x

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 10:16am | IP Logged
yeahhh me 1st me 1st!! LOL
res
edited;

tin!!! ur bak hun aww i misd u n ur ff Hug

yeh i luvd da thali scne 2..wil comnt afta i read it..
continued..

o m g dat woz such an awsum updat!! evrifn wz jus so perfct onli if it hapend lyk da n d shwEmbarrassed ...D wachn da cupl eat wz so cutee..n hm waitn n lukn arnd 4 hrEmbarrassed...

he did not drink 2nyt!ShockedClap yeahh bles hm

naku awh she wz so eagr 2 go n mke sur he ate

..he tuk er 2 hz rum..finali...Day Dreaming continue soon hun..or wz dis jus 1off? xxx

Edited by mIsHeZ.x - 18 December 2010 at 10:39am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fishfish

Sophia21 IF-Rockerz
Sophia21
Sophia21

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 10:25am | IP Logged

Hey tin, great SS....

Awww Dutta is such a kiddo... the way he made faces n said the dhal wasnt good lool... bless him..
Haila he didnt see her for 4 days... Bechara missing her.
Lol Dutta didnt share food with Suds lmao.. good that's Baaji's haq..

I must say, i liked Madhu's plan of not coming infront of him.. that made him realise how much he needs her. But yeh kya he wasnt even drunk lol... aww he came to her and finally showered his love on her... Yaaay... Love the ending.. too good.. If only something like this happens in the show... And Awww Baaji n Madhu looked at them smilingly while D carried her to their room... How romantic.

Thanks for the PM...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chitrakshgeetAbhiAniFishfish

ushankitvc IF-Rockerz
ushankitvc
ushankitvc

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 10:27am | IP Logged

Hi tintiny!!!!!!!!! missed u alot and also ur FF........the regular habit of first reading ur FF as soon as i start the computer in the morning.................Congrats on the new one.............it is simply awesome........... Dutta -Madhu convo simply superb.............Dutta in the last when he cums to her room was really awesome ............ Tasha convo superb..........

would like to see Dutta accepting Nakku and taking her to their room in LTL soooooooon..............

Cant wat fr d nxt part..........updt sooooooon..........Thanx fr PM

Edited by ushankitvc - 18 December 2010 at 10:45am

Fishfish

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! its beautiful....tin..kaash aisa ho jaye...par shayad nahi hoga....CVs should learn from you yaar....what beautiful story.

AbhiAniFishfish-bharti-

prettywoman Goldie
prettywoman
prettywoman

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 10:32am | IP Logged
speechless.. absolutely amazing.. but then why should i be amazed tin.. u have truly turned that 1 poignant scene of dutta dropping his plate into this gem of a SS.. truly privileged to read it and very very heart touching.. never thought for a minute he ws in his senses in the last scene.. that was a master stroke girl.. thanks for pm

i just wish it was so easy and beautiful in LTL land too.. after all true love just wins you over na.. but i know our tasha have to go thru many more hoops before they find eternal happiness. thanks for writing this and bringing tasha together so effortlessly and using their love as the only meansEmbarrassed

Edited by prettywoman - 18 December 2010 at 10:33am

AbhiAniWanderbugFishfish

Sanely_Insane IF-Sizzlerz
Sanely_Insane
Sanely_Insane

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 10:42am | IP Logged
res....
bfunofbb123 IF-Dazzler
bfunofbb123
bfunofbb123

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 10:44am | IP Logged

Wow tinti what a beautiful SS oh it feels so real just like the epi. so true to their character.  LOL                                                                              hope it will end like that and i always think he comes pretending drunk & say what he wants.  tinti u wrote it so beautifully well done enjoyed reading it!Clap     and awesome title u chose that tali deserved a recognition u gave it that!                                                                                                                

Edited by bfunofbb123 - 18 December 2010 at 10:47am

Fishfish

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index