Tere Liye

Article: Star Profile: Harshad Chopra

r_ahmed_shah thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
friends!
 i know u people know everything  about Harshad but i thought i should post this  article  for people who r new in this  forum

Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 | Posted by Ritupo*na Nath

Star Profile: Harshad Chopra

Indian television's handsome hunk Harshad Chopra was born on 17th May, 1983 in a town called Gondia near Nagpur.  His birth name is Harshad Prakash Chopra. However, now viewers identify more with his screen name 'Prem'.

The 5 feet 10.5 inches tall man started his acting career with Zee TV's show 'Mamta' in 2006. It was a supporting role and his character Karan Srivastav was a negative one. He has completed schooling at Rabindranath Tagore School in Gondia and then computer engineering course from Modern college of engineering, Pune. During his college days, Harshad stayed at Firodiya hostel.

Harshad Chopra

A huge Salman Khan fan, Harshad took part in the Grasim Mr.India contest 2006 and won the title for best smile. In 2004, Harshad won the best physique award at Citadel Mr.Pune and was also the first runner up. He has also walked the ramp for ZOD.

Following the modelling days, the actor did a supporting role in Mamta and got noticed for his youthful charming look. Then he was selected to play the role of Cadet Ali Baig in the popular youth based show 'Left Right Left'. Following this, he played another supporting role in Sony TV's short lived show 'Amber Dhara'.

Finally in 2008, Harshad got his dream debut as the male lead of Balaji Telefilms' show 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil' and here started Harshad's success journey as the male protagonist Prem Juneja. By the time, the show finished, he became popular as an actor and audience started calling him by his screen name Prem. So, it did not take him much time to get the next role and that too again with Balaji. He is now seen playing the male protagonist in Star Plus' show 'Tere Liye'. His character is called 'Anurag' and this is another romantic story that is his strength.

Harshad's on screen chemistry with his 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil' co-star Aditi Gupta was talk of the town and fans became very angry when he was paired with another girl in his next show. There was a rumor that he was dating Aditi but they never accepted it.

Harshad has also acted in a Bengali film titled Jutii. He is known to be fond of choclates, cakes n pastries and is a great foodie but maintains a perfect figure by gymming, Taekwondo and attending dance classes. His first car was silver Skoda Octavia, which he bought with his own money.

Within this short span of his television career, Harshad has won several awards. In 2008 Star Parivaar Awards, Harshad won the 'Favourite Naya Sadasya' (male) and 'Favourite Yogya Jodi' alongside his co-star Aditi Gupta. On the New Talent Awards, he won 'Best New On Screen Couple' award in 2008 with Aditi again. In 2009 Star Parivaar Awards, he was again the winner of 'Favourite Jodi' along with Additi Gupta.

-Ritupo*na Nath/Tellycafe.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deeps07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
wow...๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ..thanks for the article dear..๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ
he is a computer engineer!...me too...๐Ÿ˜›...i know i am being silly๐Ÿคช...but i cant help it..๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
wow firodiya!!...unke hostel mates kithna khush nazeeb honge...๐Ÿ˜...
Edited by deeps07 - 13 years ago
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
who exactly r the "fans" who got angry wid harshad getting casted opposite "another girl"?๐Ÿค” k i better shut up๐Ÿ˜†
Wished they included his best actor award too in the article, God bless Harshad๐Ÿค—
Daffodilee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
me too a computer engineer matching matching why they didnt included best actor award
khajju thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for sharing...although i knew everything tht is written here
-Hina- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Thnx a lot for sharing the article ! God bless u, Harshad ! ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

rakshas thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing the article
xx-Rai-xx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
thnx 4 sharing
those tellycafe ppl are after APK
they say all those good things about HC and AG and back things about Harshiya
i saw that article but then i was so mad because they didn't say anything nice about Harshiya and i was cursing at them that i forgot to share it 
Sweet_Kandy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hayyee harshad๐Ÿ˜ 
dont have wrds to describe Prem and how much I miss him๐Ÿ˜ญ
bobby87 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks for the article.