Pratigya

India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

Who is Giving Arushi/Avantika more importance? (Page 3)

carisma2 IF-Stunnerz
carisma2
carisma2

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ramanbabitha

I agree Carisma, we should not give her this much importance....Evil Smile
Am glad u all agree

a_uma IF-Rockerz
a_uma
a_uma

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 11:37am | IP Logged

Nice post Carisma.... you have given all of us an alternate view ......

Inspite of all our protests, if the CVs are not getting the message...Ouch.Cry. lets hope our silence does the trick..and we are finally rid of ....Dead

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

carisma2

carisma2 IF-Stunnerz
carisma2
carisma2

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by a_uma

Nice post Carisma.... you have given all of us an alternate view ......

Inspite of all our protests, if the CVs are not getting the message...Ouch.Cry. lets hope our silence does the trick..and we are finally rid of ....Dead

Thanks Uma - lets hope the reverse phsycology works better.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

a_umababithaj

Mili27 Goldie
Mili27
Mili27

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 4:47pm | IP Logged

I really am not in awe of any of these actors so there is absolutely no sense of being attached to their fictitious personalities. For me they are characters who can either be liked or disliked. You are hitting the nail on its head,when you say A/AH is being given too much of importance. What shd matter to us, I think, is the story and the social message of the show(if any). It is just the cheapness of the plot that is irritating me. I like women who can stand up for what they believe in and P is failing to do so.  cannot identify with P's trials at all.

kklb67carisma2

Mili27 Goldie
Mili27
Mili27

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=Dreamygal301]Hi S,

you are right...everyday there are post with capital words saying I hate A...or Get rid of her and etc...I too 'moan' about her but never by making a post with caps!...After all AH is human, regardless of her talent. It would be better if the same energy by IF members is used to talk about something else...I'm sure you have noticed also that many of the old staples have either moved away or have gone quite like me, just waiting to see which way the wind is blowing....any posts these days are by the newest mostly.

As for who is giving her importance...it was carefully planned and then carried away by overzealous members here....I think there is a reason for the MKAP to give Arushi so much prominence but I will keep that to myself....also bear in mind, any publicity is good publicity!

The fact is Arushi is here to stay, and I think she will remain Shakti's wife...over time everything will be forgiven and forgotten....If you read SB'a article yesterday, there is a clue...he said bigamy is a social evil and then said a decision made in a emotional moment and then it will be just accepted as norm....showing real life, lot os injustice happen and after that firs furore people just accept it and go on......In this case I think Kriya will have their attention soon elsewhere and before you know it, getting A out of the TN is the last thing on their mind...

Hi Dreamy, let me begin by telling you that I really admire the bluntness with which u put across your views. SB's interview was an acknowledgement of the fact that A is here to stay. I just want your views regarding how are they going to accomplish this task. Of course, Kesar will be done away with. My objection(I know it doesn't matter) is that is it responsible for the CVs to show the social acceptance of bigamy. These shows are watched by pple who have no access to legal help, how is it going to affect the prospective victims of bigamy. Is it not saying that if you don't like your spouse's face, go find yourself a new girl. I know everyday there are crimes against women that go unpunished. But is it responsible to show that. This track of bigamy, would have been a little more believable had they shown that the bride belonged to a very poor family and had no other choice but to accept such alliance. The charac of A is shown to be educated, was this the only option. Foeticide is a big social issue in India, by overlooking that crime of Shakti's, the Cvs have accepted that also. Marital rape, bigamy, domestic violence, foeticide, the list of crimes going unpunished is growing longer with each passing day. That is what is making me uncomfortable. there may be women in the audience, who may never know that they have a way out of such social evils. The Cvs have been very irresponsible.   

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kklb67a_umacarisma2

carisma2 IF-Stunnerz
carisma2
carisma2

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mili97

I really am not in awe of any of these actors so there is absolutely no sense of being attached to their fictitious personalities. For me they are characters who can either be liked or disliked. You are hitting the nail on its head,when you say A/AH is being given too much of importance. What shd matter to us, I think, is the story and the social message of the show(if any). It is just the cheapness of the plot that is irritating me. I like women who can stand up for what they believe in and P is failing to do so.  cannot identify with P's trials at all.

I do agree with your pov, p has failed us badly. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mili27

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Hi Dreamy, let me begin by telling you that I really admire the bluntness with which u put across your views. SB's interview was an acknowledgement of the fact that A is here to stay. I just want your views regarding how are they going to accomplish this task. Of course, Kesar will be done away with. My objection(I know it doesn't matter) is that is it responsible for the CVs to show the social acceptance of bigamy. These shows are watched by pple who have no access to legal help, how is it going to affect the prospective victims of bigamy. Is it not saying that if you don't like your spouse's face, go find yourself a new girl. I know everyday there are crimes against women that go unpunished. But is it responsible to show that. This track of bigamy, would have been a little more believable had they shown that the bride belonged to a very poor family and had no other choice but to accept such alliance. The charac of A is shown to be educated, was this the only option. Foeticide is a big social issue in India, by overlooking that crime of Shakti's, the Cvs have accepted that also. Marital rape, bigamy, domestic violence, foeticide, the list of crimes going unpunished is growing longer with each passing day. That is what is making me uncomfortable. there may be women in the audience, who may never know that they have a way out of such social evils. The Cvs have been very irresponsible.   [/QUOTE]

Milli, it is hopeless to expect logical ending/solution to problems these CVs put the characters through. It is just fiction, with some added elements of reality thrown in. I guess some people would say in real life many injustices happens and people turn a blind eye to it and get on with their life, that over time that injustice is accepted as the norm. the same is most likely to happen to Kesar. She hasn't said a word to protest about Arushi in her husband's life and I think she won't...going by her character. Only she can make a difference, no one can. I don't regard P as a social leader with a burning quest, in fact find her laughable. 

This is a hard hitting show in many way, they show things that other serials don't like the foeticide, the wife battering and etc....this is all in the name of the so called 'social realism' bandwagon they launced the show on, so every now and then they would have to provide lip service to it. But not provide the solution, that would be too radical, too revolutionary...after all they have to think of their audience...the middle class traditional and the rural women. Perhaps the Cvs want these women to start thinking and debating what they see...after all opening the mind is also very important, it is the first step towards independence.Stern Smile

So either suspend your belief and just watch the show for what it is - a fictional show or you might as well move onto some other show rather than going mad hoping to see some sense in MKAP.Big smile

Mili27carisma2

Go to top