Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

#Devil's Den#: Mr.SeeEEEoo becomes TailorMaan! (Page 110)

Lhethal.Me IF-Sizzlerz
Lhethal.Me
Lhethal.Me

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
Seriously....I wanted more of PINDI QUEEN.......plz can we have her back???? Ma champion NAKEWL secretly had the hawts for her!!!!

ANJ ANJ ANJ PLZ DO SUMTHING!!! START A PETITION PLZ!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AnjanaYYZ

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:13pm | IP Logged
Here's my short and expanded take of yesterday's epi:

Short take: Instant reaction

I am still to catch my breath.  All those who complained about lack of passion must be pleased with that mighty overdose they gave us today.

I dont think anyone is complaining except our spouses and children who are as jealous as our Munda Maan when it comes to sharing their spouses/mom's time with the hawtt Maaneet. 

Munda became a tailor for his lady love - One who only takes measurement but does not note it down!  (maybe he has a photographic memory and does not really need to note it down). So one more profession he can get into if he loses KC because of the cunning Arjun.  He already has done dry runs of a costume man, a makeup man and a post man for his Geet.

They gave us an indication of what would Geet's reaction to Sam be. The girl is as possessive of her man as he is of her. She will fight like a tigress I am sure. Maybe first with him and later for him.

Arjun-Annie - totally lack chemistry. Looked like they tried to contrast the two couples by interpersing their scenes.

So after that initial take and a good night sleep which has toned down my euphoria of last night a bit,  I'm back to note a few things:

Coming to the symbolism of the epi, I dont know if the makers were intending to show any but these are what struck me:

Symbolism:

1.The rubbing of the glitter from Geet's cheek by Maan and Maan's cheek by Geet - To me this showed that the two will rub off the sheen (represented by the glitter) which may cloud their judgment of each other and see each other for what they are. I think with Sam's arrival, Geet's awe of Maan will be toned down as she sees him as the imperfect human he really is as opposed to the godly status she has given him.

2.Maan is on his knees and Geet has her foot on his thighs when he is taking her measurement - Sam's entry will literally reduce Maan to his knees as Geet will have the upper hand here.  His failure to mention about her till now will be held against him. But we got an indication for Maan's secrecy in this matter. The guy is highly insecure, maybe from past experiences. He asks Geet to always be with him.

3.When Maan says that he is possessive about her Geet tells him she is possessive about him too. Again an indication as to how she may react to Sam's entry. She may first fight with him (for not revealing anything about her till date) and maybe for him (when she finds that Sam is trying to drive a wedge between them).

Criticism:

1. Geet's sudden challenge of a kiss in return for Maan's admission to his possessive streak seemed a bit forced. We have never seen him try to kiss or demand a kiss from her before. So Geet using that as a means to extract an admission seemed a bit far fetched unless the girl was really losing her patience will all the moon talk and chaste kisses on the forehead and decided to challenge her man into some real action.  They could have had a build up to this by making Maan try to kiss her and she escaping from him and then later telling him that she will comply if he answers her question.I understand this scene has been added because of all the demands for passion and kiss but then the story telling should not be sacrificed at the expense of pleasing the masses.

2.Geet seemed all ready to receive the kiss after Maan admitted his weakness. She had her eyes all closed and was leaning towards him. Then why did Maan not do the honours instead of standing like a statue? He had to wait for the lights to come and for the moment to fade before he realised he still has not got his reward? The extra pause there in the scene reduced the impact of his demand. Unless the CVs were trying to re-emphasis the fact that Maan is slow in that dept and it is Geet who has to take the initiative always.

3.Despite the above Maaneet scene was haawwt to say the least in direct contrast to the lift scene with AA. Couldn't help notice that every single lift scene of Maaneet were so memorable in comparison to this highly forgetable one. Annie clinging to Arjun was so pathetic and looked forced.  Piyush was OK but NM was just dreadful in that scene.

Coming to the theme of this den:

What direction does this show want to take?  This is still unclear as the story has so many messages it can give but has failed to deliver so far. 

Apart from the usual drama that is required to run the show, I would like to see the following:

1.Crime and punishment: Devtara need to get punished. They deserve it for what they did. NT can go crazy and Dev can have a slow painful death.

2.Geet's self development: Geet taking steps for self development. ITs all fine that she has found her ideal man but life does not end with marriage. I would like to see her develop her innate talents and become successful. Here they need to show a gradual progression instead of making her a whiz business woman all of a sudden.

3.Maaneet as a socially responsible couple: Geet was lucky to have found Maan. Not many women are. So I would like Geet and Maan to think beyond themselves and do something for such women. Geet may take the initiative of setting an NGO to help women affected like her. The story need not focus entirely on this but at least some scenes to show that Maaneet sensitive and proactive couple as far as social issues are concerned would be a welcome change to see in a romantic show.

Edited by Opti - 18 December 2010 at 7:29pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MarshPmd410AnjanaYYZ

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
Neha: Oooooooooo mifavorite child u are here  Hug

Pallo: my little baby gal you are here toooooo Hug

Anj: My attorney is also here Hug

Marshmellow: Gosh, you too Hug

MarshP

Lhethal.Me IF-Sizzlerz
Lhethal.Me
Lhethal.Me

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
NEHA....YOU KNOW......Da thing I missed the most on IF was this little man of yours!!!! I ABSOLUTELY ADORE HIM!!!

ROFL

AnjanaYYZ

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
Pallo - bad news - Jo is the naya forum moderator.  Good news: Me thinks she is sleepingROFLROFL

Neha - that was deffo quoteworthy!  Manisha does not appear to be picky.... and Dev has never been discerning.  Perfect Petting?!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MarshPmd410

Lhethal.Me IF-Sizzlerz
Lhethal.Me
Lhethal.Me

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
BRI BRI BRI.....
*Pallo does jungle dance*

Lhethal.Me IF-Sizzlerz
Lhethal.Me
Lhethal.Me

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
Anj......To the first bit *PALLO DIN'T HEAR HEAR*
To da second bit....IT'S PARTY TYM BABY....LETz LITTER (not literally) before clean up tym begins!!!
ROFL
Lhethal.Me IF-Sizzlerz
Lhethal.Me
Lhethal.Me

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
FOUNTAIN HEAD!!!!!!!

I can never tire of reading you!!!! Seriously...you ought to consider being an authoress.....you'll give all these overhyped Rowling n Meyer a run for their cash!!!

MarshP

Go to top