Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Arwen, maybe that is why they made Maan tell Geet that they will have their wedding following all the rites and rituals. Later they may raise this issue and as you say poor Geet will be disappointed.
mchopra thumbnail
Ok nothing like that exists in our tradition..so go ahead and complete the wedding..hehe i mean the phera theory..
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
😲...Ok I did not know this....I wonder what will happen? I have a feeling that they will just ignore it in GHSP! or maybe it will come out during the wedding and we can have a huge dhamaka!☢️☢️☢️☢️☢️☢️☢️

Imagine New years eve- aborted wedding

Jan 1- GCMs commit mass suicide!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
shali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
No it's only the phera's cant be taken....the rest off the rituale can be.....yaar even my sis got married like that...
DancinFireflies thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hi maliha.......🤗
intresting discussion.........😆

@all............it is really true that preggy women cant take pheras.......if yes WHY🤔
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@All - I hope the CVs are aware of this snag 😕 i think they are waise 😕 may be thats why maan emphasize on a wedding with all the rituals like Opti said 😕

@Shali ... what's the problem with pheras? and how can there is a wedding without the pheras 😕

i dont know much about Hindu religion other than what is shown on screen 😆
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Shali, if the pheras cant be taken it is not a marriage recognised under the Hindu Marriage Act. The most important part is the phera taking - not the sindoor and mangalsutra.

Maaneet can have a court marriage if this becomes an issue.
-pixie- thumbnail
Arwen: Every community has their own customs and traditions and they vary from region to region in India. For example, in my community we infact have only 4 pheras and not 7. 7 promises are recited but you go around the fire only 4 times😆. You can blame Yash Chopra for commercialization of weddings. The actual wedding is solemnized before the pheras begin. Kanyadan marks the completion of those set of rituals. I am guessing Punjabi customs should be similar to this.

I was not aware of not taking pheras because you are pregnant ritual- but then I do not anyone know who was pregnant when they got married sooooo😆

Then you have arya samaj weddings where I haven't seen any pheras happening either- but then the wedding will not be grand at all.The essence is the simplicity of the wedding.

I think the only key requirement is that fire be witness to the wedding- pheras are more about the promises and the understanding of patni dharma and pati dharma. Actually they are quite interesting- The wife actually has all the upside and very little of the downside😆
Edited by -pixie- - 13 years ago
spshastr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I dont think there is any such rule and even if it is I dont think CVS will make a big deal out of it.. So chill everyone marriage will happen..😃 so many movies have shown this marriage of pregnant women etc.. where did u read this ? Edited by spshastr - 13 years ago
-pixie- thumbnail
Arwen: There you go...no two people will agree 😆

Opti: Are you sure?