Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

#Devil's Den#: Mr.SeeEEEoo becomes TailorMaan! - Page 95

-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
My thoughts on the theme of the show- updated on page 2 as well (never again am I reserving on <page 4- too much pressure ๐Ÿ˜†)

If I correctly remember the initial promos of the show- they were about how every parent would want to name their daughter Geet. If I were to look at the promos alone, and forget for a moment all that came after, one would assume that the show would be about a girl who did something exceptional. May be stand up against society and fight for her rights, bring her culprits to justice (it was evident early on that the show would be about fake NRI marriages), or how despite being away from her family and support system in a foreign land, the girl still fought for her rights.

If I were to just look at the title of the show- GHSP, then I would assume that the story is about a woman who inspite of being alienated from all that she holds dear continues to fight her battle and does not give up.

Now if I look back at the 7-8 months that the show has now been on air and try and gauge what has been the underlying theme of the show- then it was been the evolution of Geet- the innocent child into Geet- the young and (sometimes) strong woman. From being a sheltered, nave, repressed teenager in small town India she has grown to become a mature, confident and determined young woman. The change in her personality is pretty tangible if you compare the HP Geet with the Geet in Delhi (and for a moment I am ignoring the writers' motivation behind this overnight change). Instead of accepting all that is dished out to her, she has learnt to fight back! Whether its putting Sasha in her place, a verbal dual with NT, sending Dev and NT to Jail or refusing to bow down to a dominating partner- she has learnt (part by design and part by accident) how to fight back.

This story should have been told from a woman's point of view methinks. However, the overarching plot has gone from being about Geet and her quest for justice to Geet and her love story with Maan. Maan has taken precedence over everything that was important in her life. She is willing to give up everything else for her one burning love- who am I to judge. But what I find hard to digest is- why she would not think of sending NT and Dev back to Jail, why she would not get lawyers of her own and only rely on Maan, why she would not take better care of her baby (She is eighteen and not retarded), why she would not try and reach out to her parents on her own (again Maan was instrumental here), why she would not show any inkling of furthering her education especially when she was so keen on studying earlier on in the show etc.

So as much as I may drool over Maan's eyes, I shall pass on naming my first born Geet as of now.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raji_b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Hi Anjana and all the devil's on the den,

Thanks for considering my answers to the last week's contest as winner answers. Thank you all.....๐Ÿค— hugs to you all. It had to be today when I was absent for the first day . Otherwise I would have used my 15 minutes of fame ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† in a better way.  I will keep trying every week and may be one day I will be successful again.

Thank you again Anjana!! Loved my prize, coz I love Maneet. You Devils are so much fun and I love to read each and everyone's analysis posts and will continue doing so. You all have made Geet HSP more interesting to watch. I always run to the forum to read your analysis, thanks for all your hard work.

Raj
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Raj,

Hope the party was phun and you won the prize fair and square.  Mellow n I r in complete agreement.  Save those predictions lest they all come true.  U were totally spot on.๐Ÿค—  This weekend u ve tuff competion...but, its beatable!

Sin

Ma evil sistah...how is de deegnosis?  Do u ve phinal prognosis on lameo's current alterego? 

Edit
Pixie,

I agree about the Maanmania... i feminist in me wishes they kept him in his place...as Geet's arm candy instead of de converse๐Ÿคฃ
Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 13 years ago
bDgT thumbnail
Neha: Long long long ago...when there was a blog post that was not supposed to be remembered or recalled, I had a yen for your post and posted it on FB wall...the one Radio Interview of the Puppy Love :))
Jaded thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Anj...Lol so far lameoo has 15 different conditions....all match certain criterias.....๐Ÿ˜† and two that i m gonna make them match....the power of twisting๐Ÿ˜‰
spshastr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Shradha I agree.. They should use Maans story to show how Geet evolving and not the reverse.. I think the love story can also be show as eveolution for character..Only justice fight will make it a documentary๐Ÿ˜ƒ
raji_b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
@ Anjana,

Party was so much fun. Live entertainment, Hindi songs, Bhangara, ras dandia, salsa, Rumba, belly dance and then lesson on Salsa dance. My husband has two left feet otherwise still would have been there on the dance floor doing salsa ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†. This weeks competition does look tough and I only have tomorrow to think about it coz working next week all week. Next time. You all keep up the good work.

Thanks again.

Raj
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
@All - I ve Created the next Den - if we run outta thread then do use it:

-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Smita: I am not saying do away with the love story- all I am saying is let it not over power every other element of the main story. I also do not agree that making it only about quest for justice will make it a documentary- there is ample scope available for drama. I can site atleast a dozen books if not more where just the process of the protagonist seeking revenge/justice has had me hooked. 

But like I said thats my opinion and expectation of the story- I am sure its neither mainstream nor do I expect to see it unraveling on screen ๐Ÿ˜†. 
Edited by -pixie- - 13 years ago
spshastr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Shraddha I agree ... but see the love story gets them TRPS..
I am so for showing how she evolves as a woman and of course Khurana whackos and MSK are part of the evolution.. ISn t that what life is??
Evolving from child to woman to wiofe to mom et al and of course the justice track needs to be there .