Pakistani Serials

Imran and Sanam and Umera Ahmed??..Ever??

Posted: 13 years ago
IDK...It's 3:21 AM...It's winter break, and I thought I'd watch a few shows here and there over the break to celebrate my independence from University. Now that I don't watch saas bahu sagas anymore, and I am caught up with Chuck and Damon....the only option I really have left is to catch up on Pak plays!..Does that make sense?

For realz...I am an Imran "fan"...ask Seert. Err. It may not seem like it, but I am. Don't judge. Except his future line up of works with Tooba...and well more of Tooba doesn't seem to interest me. They look so suave, the locations in Dubai are fascinating....but I wish for him to...IDK....work with Sanam and Umera. 😍 Two lethal actors, one astounding novelist.....and we get sheer brilliance. I have extremely limited knowledge of Pak TV and entertainment...I know of plays due to my Maa and then Youtube or Wikipedia. But from whatever I have seen, I can surely conclude that this is no raw deal the viewers get. Of course there are sour grapes here and there, but the plays being produced and directed are quality oriented rather than quantity. Chemistry in these plays are not defined with trip and catch or eye locks or sexy scenes....it's felt by the interactions of the actors and the story weaving. Plays like Daam and Malal leave me in awe really. Daastaan takes me to another plane.

Where was I? Can Imran Abbas puhleez venture out? I have liked some of his shows....such as Malal.....(Noor Bano only because he freaking wore traditional attire!...story really sucked though)...but I wish he'd give us something path breaking soon. He has immense talent....and if only Sanam and him share screen space. Wowzas.

---

Rant over.

Plz recommend me plays like Daastaan or Daam or Malal or Meri Zaat. I have tried to watch a few other plays recently, but then I never continue cuz they don't grip me much.
Edited by zainab25 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
^^ The plays youve mentioned in the last line are EPICS!
Theyre must watch'ssss!
Do watch em if u havent... 😊
The rest,,,,, the others can rant over it... i really dont have a say in it!
LOL πŸ˜†
Afridi, I have watched those plays and now I have nothing left to watch. Ppl have recommended me a few other plays, but maybe I am expecting too much?πŸ˜† I really don't have a favorite...I am just looking for a gripping screenplay. The Faisals, the Humayums, the Imrans, the everyone else (whose names I don't know...shame on me) would doπŸ˜†...I just need something that can catch my attention!

PS for everyone! --- forgot to add!!!! I love how age is no bar in these plays...Enuff said! Just cuz an actor hits his or her 40s does not mean he or she should retire and take care of his wife/husband and doggies.
serendipity. thumbnail
^^ ur a Paki?? 😳
Anyways, well, my sister went to pakistan and bought this DVD of "Band khirkiyon ke peeche" it aired on TVOne she says its "Really different & bold"
Also, Ijaazat, aired on ARY Digital was awesome! I really Loved it... then theres Teri Ik Nazar, i loved it... also, have u watched Wujood e Laraib?? it had aired on Indus Vision, it was over long backk... repeated more than thrice aswell, it was really nive too 😊
Hope that helps! :P
^^ Cool Afridi, I haven't seen any of those plays and because you recommend those to me, I will Youtube them this break fo sho.

Yeaaa...I am a Paki (reprezeeenttπŸ˜†)...but I never really was into Pakistani Entertainment, until I stumbled upon a few plays recently.
serendipity. thumbnail
I watch Paki dramas, I dont Live in Pak though... 😳
Theyre classy, and WAY better than Indian serials, for sure. Theyre epic, and concentrate on story! Hardly any of them is brutally dragged like Indian soaps [Neglect Tere pehloo main!] πŸ˜†
Lollll Afridi! WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I don't understand how I endured or still endure the saas bahu sagas. πŸ˜• Most of my brain cells are probably dead from it by now. I applaud the script writers and channels of Pakistani TV to not adopt the soap obsession, and just carry the concept of weekly shows. It really shows the difference in screenplay. Words will not be enough for me to describe the sheer brilliance of the few plays I have seen so far. The worthy acting, the jaw dropping screenplays, the astounding direction, the heart piercing dialogues.....Simply wow! I hope it continues this way.

Same I don't live in Pakistan either, but my mum sorta keeps up I guess with the plays, and now I do too. I still have lots to catch up though and my knowledge regarding the plays is quite limited.

It's 4:15 am now. I should sleep, I think. It was nice discussing the plays.

===============

But everyone else!!!!!!!!! Ummm...I still say Imran Abbas needs to pick his scripts wisely. Ohh Imran. 😍...PLZZZ.
Edited by zainab25 - 13 years ago
I'm here to defend Zainab's fan-ness for Mr. Imran Abbas Naqvi. We both are big fans, and like Zainab mentioned, this guy really needs to venture out. Lol we were discussing how Fawad should take him under his wing and teach him about acting and getting better roles?
On a serious note, Imran really needs to do better stuff. I really like him but most of his dramas are nothing special, and I have yet to really like his pairing with any one actress in particular. I mean I really liked Hassan and Bano in Dastaan, but because of Fawad's great acting, I even appreciated his romantic scenes with Rabia. In the case of Imran Abbas, I have yet to find this.
However, I heard he was in Vasl and I saw tid bits of that...he seemed sorta cool in a villianish type of role. Zainab, I suggest you watch Vasl. Mehreen directed it while Samira Fazal (writer of Dastaan) wrote it. Imran is I think more of a guest appearance but still it's good work.
And oh yes, I'd love to see Sanam and Imran together...I think they'd both make a very cute pair. Also in this other topic, I posted about how I want to see Iman Ali and Imran together. That would be very good looking pair and I think Imran really likes her too...she called in on his Nadia Khan interview and he seemed very happy. Plus I think she can sorta act so this pair should work. Nonetheless my dream team is Imran and Fawad together *sighs*

P.S. Good to see you replying in this forum =)
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hmm imran and sanam... ok dont kill me for it.. but i dont really like sanam...
i prefer madiha iftikhar over her.. and imran and madiha have done one serial together. apna bana lo.. i wont recommend it though.. i dint like the serial that much.. rona dhona bohat tha..
in vast he had a small role.. but the serial was really good.. i recommend that serial .. even ahsan khan & juggan were too good in that serial.. give it a watch.. u will like it...
Really, Usman how does she look like? Lets roll in the pickchas!!