Shaan is laidback -indya.com

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 1:43am | IP Logged
Shaan is laid back - Mr. Khandelwal
STARONE.IN

A son is expected to take over the business set up by his father after the latter has decided to hang up his boots. So when Mr. Khandelwal disapproved of his son's choice of career at a stage where he is expected to take life seriously, father Khandelwal thinks he is justified.

STARONE.IN

"I don't approve of Shaan, in his decision to pursue music as profession. I think music or any art form should be restricted as a hobby and my son shouldn't make a career of it. Being a business tycoon myself, who has an empire worth crores, I want my two sons to take it over from me. I detest him for having had chosen music as his career now and am justified in insulting him by calling him a gavaiya", says Sunil Khandelwal.

Sunil strongly believes in Indian values where a son has to follow his father's foot-steps by all means. So if a father is a goldsmith, the son by default has to become a goldsmith and very rarely do we see a deviation from this set norm. Justifying his stance, Sunil says, "Indian values are such that in a business family, a son is expected to help his father professionally and take over after his father decides to retire. As per tradition, we do not encourage our kids or kins to take up any other profession." But what remains to be the main cause of worry for a father is his son's indolence and fluctuating focus from an assigned task. "The problem with Shaan is that he loses interest in things very easily. He has a laid back attitude towards everything and I am sure he will lose interest in music too. I am quite confident he would come back to join me in my business", adds a worried father.

As expected, Shaan's wife Khanak and mother Madhavi have extended their full support to him, having the faith that this time he will prove all his detractors wrong and for the first time he is following his heart. Khanak's decision to support her husband has become the bone of contention between her and Sunil. Mr. Khandelwal thought of Khanak to be a refined and understanding girl but her decision to stand by her husband has upset Shaan's father. Says Sunil, "I was fine till my wife had decided to support Shaan as we are not really compatible. If she had a choice, Madhavi would have left me long back but we stuck to each other because of our children. But what took me by shock was Khanak's decision to support my son. She is a very good and cultured girl. She is very good at heart and I expected her to make Shaan mend his ways and become serious in life. I have lost faith in Khanak too."

The father in an attempt to push Shaan achieve his goal this time, has thrown an open challenge by insulting him and asking him to prove him wrong this time. Sunil needles his son thinking that his jibes may prompt his son to prove him wrong by accomplishing his aim. "The last scene I shot with Shaan had me working till the wee hours of the morning. Shaan comes home to ask me the reason behind me staying awake this late. I inturn tell him that had he taken some interest in scrutinising the files and the loss Khandelwal business has incurred, he wouldn't have to stay up this late. I insult him thinking that taking it as a challenge he will stand up to his decision and will make sure, he achieves his goal be it making a career in music. He tells me that he would not breach the faith of his family members who have chosen to support him", says Sunil.

His advise to Shaan as he thrives hard to make a career in music is, "Stay focused and make it happen - be it your music or my business. Don't leave it half way." But at the end papa Khandelwal would want his son to support him in his business and probably pursue music as a part time profession. And on this we have Sunil's nod of approval.

Will Sunil have a change of heart and will he warm up towards his son, only time will tell. We hope Shaan sticks to his decision and makes sure it's achieved. Watch Rang Badalti Odhani, Monday to Saturday, 10:00 pm on STAR One.

StarOne news
Neha Maheshwri/Hill Road Media
StarOne news
Saturday, December 18, 2010
http://starone.in/news/1098/shaan-is-laid-back--mr-khandelwal.aspx

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mah403garfield1209NinjaInPyjamaspurvi08Yasharanrocks

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top