tanthya

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 12:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tivo

Originally posted by waniya_fatima

so  Arine how was ur b'day jana?

Hi Sathya and FatimaHug

Hi Afra ..Hug

How was ur Muharram ,??

What did ur  Mother say when she first saw u ??

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tivo

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 12:33am | IP Logged

hey Afra, how are u doing bacha?

sathya i am good janeman tell me how are you? and how is everything going at ur end?

9th and 10th Muharram was fine dear. okay will tell you its history now in detail.

I am good, Bacha ...

KKK.waiting for the History ...
waniya_fatima IF-Sizzlerz
waniya_fatima
waniya_fatima

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 12:36am | IP Logged
 Muslims celebrate Muharram, a festival observed in the memory of bravery of Prophet Mohammed's grandson, Imam Hussain, who was killed in the Battle of Karbala in AD 680. Muharram symbolizes the beginning of the Muslim New Year. Muslims mourn on the first ten days of the Muharram.  Unlike any other festival, Muharram is not a joyful festival or a colourful celebration. It is a sacred festival to remember the death of Imam Hussain.

The great Imam Hussain

The Husain was killed on the tenth day of the battle Karbala. This day is referred to as the day of Ashura. Stories of Hussein's martyrdom are narrated on the first day of the Muharram when Muslims gather together at the holy places. It is believed that when Hussain was wounded and bleeding, with his all strength he reached the riverside to drink water for the last time. There by the riverside his enemy's arrows killed him. People drink cool drinks on Muharram to signify Imam Hussain's thirst for water when he was counting his last breath.

waniya_fatima
waniya_fatima

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanthya

sathya i am good janeman tell me how are you? and how is everything going at ur end?

9th and 10th Muharram was fine dear. okay will tell you its history now in detail.

I am good, Bacha ...

just posted little bit about Moharram's significance and history. hope you will get some idea
tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 12:41am | IP Logged

I am good, Bacha ...

just posted little bit about Moharram's significance and history. hope you will get some idea

I read it Bacha ...But Tell me ..WHy most of ur festivities is connected to some sad event ..the earlier was God asking for the sacrifice of the prophet's son wasn't it...

Is there  any festival  connected to a happy event ??
Tivo IF-Dazzler
Tivo
Tivo

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 12:48am | IP Logged

so  Arine how was ur b'day jana?

Hi Sathya and FatimaHug

Hi Afra ..Hug

How was ur Muharram ,??

What did ur  Mother say when she first saw u ??

Hi dear

Muharram we dont do much other than some ppl fast .This 10 day of Muharram is quite done by shia muslims they dont do any happy occassions during this 10 day.

Mom did see me 3 weeks back naa when i went home for thanksgivingSmile.Finally MRI is done sathya i am very proud of myself wut an acheivementLOL.Now back home with tons of snow Unhappy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tanthya

waniya_fatima
waniya_fatima

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 12:52am | IP Logged

I read it Bacha ...But Tell me ..WHy most of ur festivities is connected to some sad event ..the earlier was God asking for the sacrifice of the prophet's son wasn't it...

Is there  any festival  connected to a happy event ??

Smile
sathya the earlier one you are talking about was our Eid-ul-Azha. its was a happy moment when God asked and our propher and didnt refuse to do so.

One of the main trials of Abraham's life was to face the command of God to devote his dearest possession, his only son. Upon hearing this command, he prepared to submit to God's will. During this preparation, Satan (Shaitan) tempted Abraham and his family by trying to dissuade them from carrying out God's commandment, and Ibrahim and Ishmael drove Satan away by throwing pebbles at him. In commemoration of their rejection of Satan, stones are thrown at symbolic pillars signifying Satan during the Hajj rites.

When Ishmael was about 13 (Ibrahim being 99), Allah (God) decided to test their faith in and submission to Allah in public. Both father and son were put through the most difficult test of their love for Allah. Abraham had a recurring dream, in which God was commanding him to offer his son as a sacrifice – an unimaginable act – sacrificing his son, which God had granted him after many years of deep prayer, the one who had been the centre of his affection and love for all these years. Abraham knew that the dreams of the prophets were inspired by Allah, and one of the ways in which God communicated with his prophets. This must be what Allah had wanted him to do. When the intent of the dreams became clear to him, Abraham decided to fulfil God's command and offer his beloved son in sacrifice.

Although Abraham was ready to sacrifice his dearest for Allah's sake, he could not just go and drag his son to the place of sacrifice without his consent. Isma'el had to be consulted as to whether he was willing to give up his life as fulfillment to God's command. This consultation would be a major test of Isma'el's maturity in faith, love and commitment for Allah, willingness to obey his father and sacrifice his own life for the sake of Allah.

Abraham presented the matter to his son and asked for his opinion about the dreams of slaughtering him. Ishmael did not show any hesitation or reservation even for a moment. He said, "Father, do what you have been commanded. You will find me, Insha'Allah (God willing), to be very patient." His mature response, his deep insight into the nature of dad's dreams, his commitment to Allah, and ultimately his willingness to sacrifice his own life for the sake of Allah were all unprecedented.

When both father and son had shown their perfect obedience to Allah and they had practically demonstrated their willingness to sacrifice their most precious possessions for His sake — Abraham by laying down his son for sacrifice and Ishmael by lying patiently under the knife – Allah called out to them stating that his sincere intentions had been accepted, and that he need not carry out the killing of Ishmael. Instead, Abraham was told to replace his son with a ram to sacrifice instead. Allah also told them that they had passed the test imposed upon them by his willingness to carry out God's command.[10] 

waniya_fatima
waniya_fatima

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 12:54am | IP Logged

Hi dear

Muharram we dont do much other than some ppl fast .This 10 day of Muharram is quite done by shia muslims they dont do any happy occassions during this 10 day.

not only for 10 days bacha they mourn for about 140 days

Go to top