I Am An Over-Protective Brother - indya.com

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
I am an over-protective brother

It's easy to portray a character that resembles you in real life. Arjun Rathore, who is playing a doting and protective brother in reel life, is finding it easy to play the character for he is a brother in real life too.

Having been an over-protective brother in real life who wouldn't leave anyone who means harm to his sister, Arjun is being himself on the show too. In his words, 'I wouldn't leave anyone who makes my sister suffer." And, guys, this is applicable both in real life and on reel. We talked to Piyush about sibling love, his character and much more.

What's the one thing he would never risk?

I would never risk my relationship with my beloved one. I would want to part with somebody who means my life and world to me. I have someone special in my life, but wouldn't want to divulge her name. I can't think of parting with her.

What's the biggest risk he has taken so far in life?

I don't know what got the better of me, but while I was doing my debut show Meet Mila De Rabba, I insisted on performing all the stunts on my own. They requested me to use a dupe, which I refused. I got hurt during those sequences, as it required me to jump over a ball of fire and fall off a cliff. I had hurt my body during the shots, but at the end, it was worth taking the risk.

What's the advantage and disadvantage of being impulsive and risk-taking?

When you take up a challenge or a risk, you end up learning something new. I had no godfather whatsoever when I had started my struggle in this industry. I had no clue how to appear for a look test and how to approach the production houses. But I took the risk of making it on my own and learned everything my way. The disadvantage of taking risks is that you end up losing things dear to you or might hurt yourself.

What do you like about being the elder brother to Meher Vij?

I like everything about my relationship. When we were younger, I used to act bossy with her. I used to order her around, and wanted her to follow each and every advice and order of mine. I used to scold her to exercise my rights of an elder brother. But like they say, girls eventually become too mature for their age. They understand and value relationships more than guys. Now when I speak to Meher, it feels as if I am speaking to someone who is older to me. She supports and advises me over everything.

Is it an advantage to have your sister working in the same profession?

It is, as you can take advice and suggestions from your sibling. Also, considering the erratic schedules of this profession, we know we can be busy during the odd hours of a day, shooting.

Which, according to you, is Meher's best work so far?

I like all her shows, but I simply loved her in Salman Khan's Lucky: No Time For Love. She had a couple of scenes with Salman, and has danced to the number Haye rama rama ho. She looks very cute and pretty in that song.

What's your rapport with her like, especially post her marriage?

It's the same as it was, but the only difference is that we don't fight any more. We meet and have a blast.

Who is more protective of the two?

Meher is more protective. She is very caring and wants to know about all the developments that take place in my life. She keeps advising me like my elder sister.

Do you look upto her and also take advice from her?

Yes, I always look upto her and always seek her advice. My mother always felt that out of three siblings, I was the most innocent and gullible one. Meher makes sure I make the right moves and guides me.

What's that one thing you like about her and the one thing you hate?

She is very patient and caring. Earlier, when we used to fight, she used to listen to me patiently, but always pointed out my mistakes later when I would have cooled down. And I always knew she was right. There is nothing I hate about her.

Brothers are generally considered to be very interfering and extremely protective, and sisters to be very caring. Your take?

Oh! I was very protective about her. When we were in Delhi, I wouldn't let her stand at the door and used to ask her to come to home straight from her school. I rarely allowed her to go out with friends. She has been a doting sister, who would call me almost everyday to ask me of my whereabouts and find out if I am doing fine.

Do you take a leaf out of his real life while essaying the character on Geet?

I remember an incident where my sister was eve-teased by a couple of miscreants. She obviously didn't tell me, fearing the worst, but somehow I got the wind of it. I confronted those guys and asked them if they had misbehaved with Meher. The guys, in turn, started talking rudely with me. I ended up punching them hard across their face. With this, I want to inform all those who have made my reel-life sister Nayantara suffer that I have arrived, and I will make sure they are served right.

I am an over-protective brother

It's easy to portray a character that resembles you in real life. Arjun Rathore, who is playing a doting and protective brother in reel life, is finding it easy to play the character for he is a brother in real life too.

Edited by KaShfan7 - 13 years ago