Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Vampires are not real, Right ?

.EatMyShorts. Senior Member

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 12:13am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.assAngel-likeDevil.PINK.glace-bleue

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanav

Yes, of course the vampire stories are just that, fictional tales to scare and warn and amuse us. The very idea that the exchange of blood somehow grants life to the dead and all the rest of the lore and mythology is absurd. Yet it fills a need within us, we want to believe. So, what if these creatures do exist? Would we know? Could it be possible?
Like any good mystery, the very question of their existence is part of the argument. The stories must have come from somewhere, right? Maybe someone, sometime in the distant past suffered a bite from a bat and died (given the lack of medical expertise, the examination of the body may not have been exhaustive). Once pronounced dead, the person could have revived and thus the legend was born. It wouldn't be the first tale of a person coming back from the grave.

However, one must assume that proof of evidence is required. As vampires don't readily announce themselves to the general public, one must look for other sources for proof besides a direct confession.

What are we looking for? Simple, really. Here are the five proofs needed to confirm the existence of vampires:

1. Caskets with bodies inside them, asleep in the day time hours and empty at night.

2. A pattern of teeth bites on the necks of people all over the world.

3. Legions of young girls who only date at night.

4. People who look the same as they did a hundred years ago.

5. A pattern of break-ins to blood banks around the world.

So far, no proof.  But can we dismiss the existence of the undead just because we haven't seen the five proofs?  Shouldn't we play it safe rather than be sorry later?

opening prayer: PLEASE god, let there not be any discussions on twilight. Angry it sucks! Censored

Well the fact of the matter is that they don't. But I understand your topic. It's of the "what if?" type(which I bolded), and I enjoy such debates. It gives room for a "real" debate and not some routine discussion which usually takes place on this godforsaken forum with it's subjectivity and points of view of things which are never black and white anyway.

Seemingly it originates from literature, back in the 18th century I think. We have to keep in mind that the people who concieved of such beings were either just primitive people who believed in ghosts and what not. you know, the sort who burned witches.

But lets make up our own theories of origin. yours was about a bat bite. My Theory is that they were just born as different creatures. Human-esque blood suckers who were created just like any other living organisms. Or maybe they evolved from humans either due to the need to adapt, or maybe they were affected by harmful radiations or came into contact with substances which caused them to become vampires. or maybe they're aliens from another planet?

Possibly they existed on the planet mercury before the solar system came into existence. Then they flew to the earth (yes they can fly). But they weren't able to move away to further planets where the sun couldnt get them because there was no source of food on the others. So they had to live on the earth and roam about only in the night. Why they had to live on blood, it was probably because the earth caused their blood to diminish every so often.

Also let me get into the description and details of the vampire:
1.They can be killed by the sun.
2.They can suck blood from their fingernails as well as their mouth.
3.They live for longer periods of time than human.
4.Are physically stronger than humans - the strength of 10 oxen.

Are vampires evil? I  don't think so, I feel that they're forced to drink blood from humans, as everything else is insufficient. .

They probably live like beggars and animals, protecting themselves with rags and living in abandoned areas. They go out at night and drink.

We'll have to be awake at the time when most people are asleep, because thats when vampires are awake.

They mate with each other. no marriage, no love. Just pure, animalistic lust. They don't speak english, they communicate in their own language.  They are very loyal to eachother as well.

I don't see why we will ever have be sorry later. They've been living like this for centuries so there's no point in disturbing the natural course of nature.

Ahh, a long, LONG time since I've really enjoyed a topic on India forums.

Thanks tanav!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.EatMyShorts.glace-bleue

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Ah Blade is a great fighting vampire. Loved it.

I think there are certain ghosts n spirit that suck blood or drain the life force away.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.EatMyShorts.

thegameison IF-Sizzlerz
thegameison
thegameison

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 5:32am | IP Logged
Vampires? I am in for any such discussion, all the actors who've played vampires are all so darn good-looking. LOL But then my craze is limited to the books and the movies - whichever I am more obsessed with at a particular time.

I've read House of Night, I am just left with Breaking Dawn and I have Twilight saga finished and lastly, I have heard toooo much about Vampire Diaries. But somehow, there's so much distinction in the ways all these writers have put across their perception of "vampire" that its more than obvious, this has to be a myth. Helluva myth - whichever way the author moulds it, its meant to entertain the audience.

I am far from giving a thought to vampires' existence in reality, too superficial for my thinking. Am an agnostic, already and hence, myths of any kind (especially Hindu, though) confuse me and kind of irritate me. Otherwise, they're funny. For instance - discussing whether vampires really exist or not! LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.EatMyShorts..PINK.glace-bleue

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 9:43am | IP Logged

Someone said b4... 'if vampires can't cast a reflection in a mirror,why does their hair and dressing style always look so nice '....LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Heart.PINK.glace-bleue

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanav

Yes, of course the vampire stories are just that, fictional tales to scare and warn and amuse us. The very idea that the exchange of blood somehow grants life to the dead and all the rest of the lore and mythology is absurd. Yet it fills a need within us, we want to believe. So, what if these creatures do exist? Would we know? Could it be possible?
Like any good mystery, the very question of their existence is part of the argument. The stories must have come from somewhere, right? Maybe someone, sometime in the distant past suffered a bite from a bat and died (given the lack of medical expertise, the examination of the body may not have been exhaustive). Once pronounced dead, the person could have revived and thus the legend was born. It wouldn't be the first tale of a person coming back from the grave.

However, one must assume that proof of evidence is required. As vampires don't readily announce themselves to the general public, one must look for other sources for proof besides a direct confession.

What are we looking for? Simple, really. Here are the five proofs needed to confirm the existence of vampires:

1. Caskets with bodies inside them, asleep in the day time hours and empty at night.

2. A pattern of teeth bites on the necks of people all over the world.

3. Legions of young girls who only date at night.

4. People who look the same as they did a hundred years ago.

5. A pattern of break-ins to blood banks around the world.

So far, no proof.  But can we dismiss the existence of the undead just because we haven't see the five proofs?  Shouldn't we play it safe rather than be sorry later?

Vampires are real...Edward Cullen is as real as can be....Embarrassed......................................................LOLI love the idea of being a vampire....altho I would be a good vampire like the Cullens.....drinking only animal blood...LOL
glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

opening prayer: PLEASE god, let there not be any discussions on twilight. Angry it sucks! Censored

Twilight ROCKSSSS......so do the Cullens....but I really don't like the character of Bella.......who likes Bella.......just want to initiate the discussion on twilight.....Star
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by old-black-joe

Twilight ROCKSSSS......so do the Cullens....but I really don't like the character of Bella.......who likes Bella.......just want to initiate the discussion on twilight.....Star

but this isnt a twilight thread! theres a whole forum for it!! Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

Go to top