Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Aish's comment on KWK - "My Name is Not Khan" (Page 4)

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lensahunte08

sweetcoco having hits really is not a big deal. As long as you as a fan enjoyed the film and Aish's performance, I feel like that's better than having a hit with no good performance. Personally that's how I feel. I will take Kareena's Kurbaan (because I enjoyed the performance and film) than her huge hit that she is not gonna be remembered for her performance eg Ra.One (am assuming it will be a hit...and bebo doesn't have an important role here she said it herself)..So it will not make me proud even if it becomes a hit.
I totally agree!! But in this industry it's all about BO success and if stars don't have BO power than ppl are less likely to sign them...of course Aishu was an exception b/c 2003-2006 there were no BO successes until D2 happened, but ppl start to write her off just b/c she had the critical acclaim, but she didn't rake in the dough!! Even this year....her films bombed, but she got rave reviews for all 4 films...but everyone is just she should get pregnant and retire now...W*H! She has signed 3 to maybe 4 films with amazing directors, but no...she's had no BO success so she should retire! I don't understand this concept!!

BTW: I loved Kareena in Kurbaan a zillion times more than I loved her in KI or 3 Idiots!!! She def deserved all the awards and nominations for Kurbaan IMPO!!!

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet coco

sweetcoco having hits really is not a big deal. As long as you as a fan enjoyed the film and Aish's performance, I feel like that's better than having a hit with no good performance. Personally that's how I feel. I will take Kareena's Kurbaan (because I enjoyed the performance and film) than her huge hit that she is not gonna be remembered for her performance eg Ra.One (am assuming it will be a hit...and bebo doesn't have an important role here she said it herself)..So it will not make me proud even if it becomes a hit.
I totally agree!! But in this industry it's all about BO success and if stars don't have BO power than ppl are less likely to sign them...of course Aishu was an exception b/c 2003-2006 there were no BO successes until D2 happened, but ppl start to write her off just b/c she had the critical acclaim, but she didn't rake in the dough!! Even this year....her films bombed, but she got rave reviews for all 4 films...but everyone is just she should get pregnant and retire now...W*H! She has signed 3 to maybe 4 films with amazing directors, but no...she's had no BO success so she should retire! I don't understand this concept!!

BTW: I loved Kareena in Kurbaan a zillion times more than I loved her in KI or 3 Idiots!!! She def deserved all the awards and nominations for Kurbaan IMPO!!!

I know it's not fair to write someone off just because they give few flops. She is giving good performances, i understand if they are writing her off  if she wasn't performing well and not giving hits.  And it's just mean when ppl say Aish should retire and make babies. Are u serious? That's her decision not yours. I know bollywood is obsessed with box office. This is the only reason us fans root for box office because we don't want our favorite to be written off. At least I do.  I hated it so much though that box office is more important than talent.

Edited by lensahunte08 - 19 December 2010 at 7:55pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ibelieveinpink

MKrayZee IF-Dazzler
MKrayZee
MKrayZee

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 2:10am | IP Logged
lets face a few facts:
a) she is an ok actress. some directors manage to squeeze the performance out of her. ONLY some. someone here mentioned that HR overshadws her  - that could be easily said for any actor. she only excels in solo scenes and even that she can go overboard sometimes.
b) she has not had any blockbusters and most of her super hits have been due to the Khans, bar Jodha Akbar which was due to Hritik - who has his own very huge following.
c) her journey in bollywood and her climb to stardom would have been slow had she not been linked with Salman Khan who, as everyone knows, pulls weight in bollywood. not to forget her being in constant limelight due to the whole vivek oberoi fiasco. her marriage in the most celebrated bollywood family only made the media hound her more. so technically her success is not hers alone...all these pple have helped her majorly.
d) she may have done diverse roles and got critical appreciation, however, the B bizness is abt raking in the mullah and Aish does not have the power to do that. i personally blive that movies should be about entertainment. we have enough issues in real life, we dont want more on screen. i blive majority of the population thinks that. which is why a small class of persons enjoyed movies like choker bali, raincoat n provoked and they were unsucessful.

there is no denying that she has a part in taking bollywood global. however, i would not say that she alone deserves credit. bollywood became a popular culture and there have been many stars over time who have taken bollywood outside of india eg, raj kappor, AB Sr., Srk, all the beauty queens - i personally think, 2000 was the landmark year coz all three beauty queen titles were won by india.

all in all, i think her remark was unwarranted and catty. for someone who is supposedly so well spoken, she came across as pretty crass. just like how she was in the first season of KWK when she appeared with SLB and he said he preferred Salman to her.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-SMay31-sheee

pooja_l IF-Rockerz
pooja_l
pooja_l

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:30am | IP Logged
the episode was very boring, would never want to watch the episode again
bolly007 Goldie

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 4:57am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

WhipCreamPantie

ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desilawyer

lets face a few facts:
a) she is an ok actress. some directors manage to squeeze the performance out of her. ONLY some. someone here mentioned that HR overshadws her  - that could be easily said for any actor. she only excels in solo scenes and even that she can go overboard sometimes.
b) she has not had any blockbusters and most of her super hits have been due to the Khans, bar Jodha Akbar which was due to Hritik - who has his own very huge following.
c) her journey in bollywood and her climb to stardom would have been slow had she not been linked with Salman Khan who, as everyone knows, pulls weight in bollywood. not to forget her being in constant limelight due to the whole vivek oberoi fiasco. her marriage in the most celebrated bollywood family only made the media hound her more. so technically her success is not hers alone...all these pple have helped her majorly.
d) she may have done diverse roles and got critical appreciation, however, the B bizness is abt raking in the mullah and Aish does not have the power to do that. i personally blive that movies should be about entertainment. we have enough issues in real life, we dont want more on screen. i blive majority of the population thinks that. which is why a small class of persons enjoyed movies like choker bali, raincoat n provoked and they were unsucessful.

there is no denying that she has a part in taking bollywood global. however, i would not say that she alone deserves credit. bollywood became a popular culture and there have been many stars over time who have taken bollywood outside of india eg, raj kappor, AB Sr., Srk, all the beauty queens - i personally think, 2000 was the landmark year coz all three beauty queen titles were won by india.

all in all, i think her remark was unwarranted and catty. for someone who is supposedly so well spoken, she came across as pretty crass. just like how she was in the first season of KWK when she appeared with SLB and he said he preferred Salman to her.

All that you mentioned are NOT facts, but your personally opinion...and disagree with all them!! Sorry but her being "ok" actress is your opinion, NOT a fact! Either are the rest of the points! That being said I respectfully disagree! 

Also, which of her superhits have been to Khans? I like to know b/c D2 has no khan, either did Robot or Guru....Hum Dil had Salman Khan, but it wasnt solely his film and Devdas may have had SRK, but Madhuri and Aishu were on the same level performance-wise as him!!! Post 2002...none of her success has been due to any Khan!

Edited by sweet coco - 20 December 2010 at 7:26am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetychooMoonRiversqwwwashna26

ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:28am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sweet coco

I know it's not fair to write someone off just because they give few flops. She is giving good performances, i understand if they are writing her off  if she wasn't performing well and not giving hits.  And it's just mean when ppl say Aish should retire and make babies. Are u serious? That's her decision not yours. I know bollywood is obsessed with box office. This is the only reason us fans root for box office because we don't want our favorite to be written off. At least I do.  I hated it so much though that box office is more important than talent.

I do too!!!Big smile I hate too, but reality is reality!! It's ok....as a fan I knew a day would come when Aishu wouldn't be starring as lead forever, just like Madhuri isn't in the top anymore...time will come and I hope it's not soon, but it will happen and I will be happy b/c she had an awesome career with memorable and amazing roles!!!!

ashna26

ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bolly007

Aish has done amazingly well without the khans! and i see nothing wrong wid her comment, it is true that she is a top actress without working wid any khans, plus there is nothing wrong wid being proud of ur family name, on a side note i wud like to say she did have hrithik!---dhoom 2, jodha akbar, her other hits have been guru and hits in hollywood like bride and prejudice and experimental movies like choker bali and provoked. If actresses like kareena get devoid of actors with the surname khan she wud be doomed!! aish has done well, but with saying that i cannot imagine aish in veer zarra, and i also feel rani was perfect for chalte chalte, and wud also like to say that the fight wid srk was not only srks fault, if aish wanted she cud've patched up, but still a lot of respect, she has still done really well!

they have patched up, for a while not! But if in a question before he called SRK a superstar...and the hug and laugh and joke at public events...so all is well! But I think she was trying to be funny and witty and came off as bitchy! Oh well, I don't see her making anymore statements like any time soon!!LOL

Go to top