Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: thickhead

Even i'm not interested in making any personal remarks .. but it's a bad habit to let anything stay unanswered.

1.) I had not expressed my luv for her, u labelled her "backstabber" .. i refuted that statement. Never used ST hater for you .. quote me if i did ..I said that ur views aren't neutral .. that isn't same as hater.

2.) U interpreted the situation as demonstration of Veena's intelligence .. i disagreed, so presented my set of "arguments" ... and again, ST doesn't even come into the picture ..so why muddle the discussion.

3.) In any debate/discussion, questions/doubts are asked to the speaker .. not the source of a quote/citation.

Hope this thing ends now..

Ok thats good to read buddy.

Last thing I can do is make personal remarks :)

Two opinions can co-exist. We both interpret based on what we see on the show. You and I have different understanding of veena. 

So In this case, I will respect your views ....but I felt she wasn't at fault.

Hope it helps :)
Rarewatcher thumbnail
We all are real people here and why are we hesitating to call spade a "spade".Imagine using this quote for women in your life, your mother, sister, grandma, aunt, daughter, cousin sis, sis-in-law...can you quote them"Aap, samjne/understand karne ki nahi , sirf pyaar karne ki cheez ho"!!
Osacr Wilde must have written it 200 yrs ago, how is it relevant today, other than in a belittling way??

susan29 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rarewatcher

Susan, women have come a long way since Oscar Wilde.Some quotations are evergreen ,but not this one as status of  women has been constantly changing in the society..And also Oscar Wilde has said this as a tip to an Ideal husband!
Veena replied with this quote when Sameer when they were having a causal convo and Sameer asked "Aurato ke dimaag mein kay chalta hai"

Agree. Actually the aggressive way in which veena answered provoked sameer to say such a thing.....i would for one feel whatever sameer said could be said as a joke........u mean women dont have brains and pulled veena's leg saying all the mahila sanghatans are coming after you......but veena got upset......

So at the end of it i am confused as to were both sam and veena serious about it? it could have been nice light hearted conversation.........

We all are real people here and why are we hesitating to call spade a "spade".Imagine using this quote for women in your life, your mother, sister, grandma, aunt, daughter, cousin sis, sis-in-law...can you quote them"Aap, samjne/understand karne ki nahi , sirf pyaar karne ki cheez ho"!!
Osacr Wilde must have written it 200 yrs ago, how is it relevant today, other than in a belittling way??

Its just a quote......there are many such quotes which generalize and are intended to be sarcastic.

Imagine if u use Sameer's comment in real life to mother, Sister

"TUmko to main samajh hi nahi sakta"
Rarewatcher thumbnail

Originally posted by: milindo2

Its just a quote......there are many such quotes which generalize and are intended to be sarcastic.

Imagine if u use Sameer's comment in real life to mother, Sister

"TUmko to main samajh hi nahi sakta"

I can very well imagine Sameer saying to his mom/sis "Ap ke dimaag mein kya chal raha hai, mein samj nahi paa raha hoon"
What's wrong in that , isn't that every day convo??

I can very well imagine Sameer saying to his mom/sis "Ap ke dimaag mein kya chal raha hai, mein samj nahi paa raha hoon"

Another example of such quotes are

100% american is 99% idiot........

This doesn't mean 99% of them are idiot, it sarcasm.

Its rude to talk like that to ur mother. Aapko main samajh hi nahi sakta, aap Kabhi kuch Kabhi kuch 😛

U don't need to understand ur mother, but u just love her for what she is.
same thing applies
Rarewatcher thumbnail

Another example of such quotes are

100% american is 99% idiot........

This doesn't mean 99% of them are idiot, it sarcasm.

You want to say "Aurat understand karne ki nahi , pyaar karne ki cheez hai" as sarcastic and funny??
I have said what I felt, I am not here to prove anything.I will leave this topic for rest of the women here to decide.
Edited by Rarewatcher - 13 years ago
It was direct attack on Veena's character, and she hadto defend herself........and cleverly tells Sameer off. So Sameer fgot frustrated, and tried to take issue to some other level, which no longer can be taken as a small joke.
Rarewatcher thumbnail

It was direct attack on Veena's character, and she hadto defend herself........and cleverly tells Sameer off. So Sameer fgot frustrated, and tried to take issue to some other level, which no longer can be taken as a small joke.

http://bb4.in.com/bigg-boss-4-videos-aurat-pyaar-karne-ke-cheez-hai-samajne-ke-nahi-believes-veena-part-3-1589.html#top
Please check this video out again , you may want to refresh your memory.