Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

news .... wanted to share ....:)

dewdropred thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Wanted to share this news 😊.

I know  πŸ˜†   .... I know   πŸ˜†...   it's not about maaneet πŸ˜‰..... but still thought that u might want to read 😊... it's about jai bhanushali & nikunj came in deccan chronicle today's TV Guide 😊... it is south Indian daily 😊...

The other news is regarding the working hours of the actors in TV shows 😊

Jay quits Geet for DID

December 18th, 2010

Tags: Hui Sabse Parayi, Jay Bhanushali, Kayamath

Quite bored of doing only reality shows either as host or participant, Jay Bhanushali who was not getting offers for serials after he quit his debut fiction show Kayamath three years ago, was quite keen on doing fiction. But just when he was back to his first love with his recent entry in Geet ' Hui Sabse Parayi, Jay has decided to opt out of the daily because of his prior commitment to Dance India Dance which will go on air soon. "I had no choice but to quit the show because after doing two seasons, I was committed to DID for the third. It became difficult to give more than eight days for Geet," says Jay. However, he doesn't rule out the possibility of re-entering the show at a later stage.

Nikunj makes acting debut

December 18th, 2010                 

Rahul Mahajan was quite fond of her but eventually he married the extrovert and glamorous model/actress Dimpy Ganguly in the last season of Swayamvar. Though
disappointed, Nikunj Malik who had then said that Rahul married the wrong girl soon got back to her career in accessories designing. She was, however, quite open to working in the television industry.
Known for her charm, Nikunj is now making her acting debut in Geet ' Hui Sabse Parayi as Maan's younger sister Anvesha. She will play a confident and lively girl who is very close to her brother and her entry will bring in new twists and turns in the show. "I chose the role because Anvesha is young and bubbly girl with a modern outlook. She also dresses in a modern way and I can relate to the character. I also loved the makeover which I went through for the role," says Nikunj.
Incidentally, another new entry in the show is Piyush Sachdev. He will play Naintara's brother Arjun, an edgy, suave and go-getter kind of guy.
ALC

Will shorter shifts lead to better shows?

December 18th, 2010

By A L Chougule

One may think that the TV stars lead glam lives, like their Bollywood counterparts. But the sad reality is that they work on sets under harsh lights, oodles of make-up and heavy jewellery and clothes. To make matters worse, the hours they keep are long, way too long. That had led to a lot of actors suffering from health issues as well. Divyanka Tripathi, who plays Saloni in Banoo Main Teri Dulhan shares her own experience which puts this problem into perspective very clearly.

"I worked for 18-20 hours. As a newcomer four years ago, I travelled by autos and it was a problem for me to get home after midnight. I'd sleep for only two to three hours; I'd lost weight. I used to fall sick but still I had to shoot. I used to feel frustrated and angry because of long working hours. But there was no choice but to work."

In the past, 9-hour shifts including an hour's lunch break were the norm. But when daily soaps started, the 9-hour shift went for a toss. As working hours increased, the quantity of work went up while quality suffered. Physical burnout, mental stress, pressure to meet deadlines and actors collapsing on the sets became a part of daily soaps. Acting on the complaints of actors and technicians, the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) ' which arbitrates and decides on wages, working hours and work conditions ' first tried to stop shooting beyond 12 hours. But when it didn't work, FWICE made it mandatory for all its member associations, including producers, to strictly follow a 12-hour schedule. This decision has been welcomed by actors. But will it result in a large enough bank of episodes? "I think it's working quite well. Earlier everyone used to be quite hyper and tense, but now the output is better because things are more organised and people are working in a relaxed manner," says Karan Mehra, who plays the lead character of Naitik in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. According to Urvashi Dholakia, better known as Komolika of Kasauti, some sort of sanity has come into the system. "I remember shooting for anything between 18 to 36 hours at a stretch. That was insane. A 12-hour shift looks good as long as it lasts," she says. Welcoming the new work schedule, lead protagonist of Gulaal, Manasi Parekh says, "It is good for actors and technicians. My health had gone for a toss when I had to work for more than 20 hours without breaks," she informs. So feels Ronit Roy, "It's insane to work day and night. But more than actors, it's a big relief for technicians who use public transport to reach home." It's a boon for actors too. Says Hiten Tejwani, "I didn't have a personal life when I was doing three shows. I used to work for 18 to 20 hours every day."

But does a 12-hour shift mean qualitative changes? "It is conducive to a good working atmosphere. But quality work happens only when there is good writing and good execution," says Ronit. Producer Pintoo Guha of Uttaran sounds circumspect. He explains. "When you have only dailies at prime time on all channels, it's going to be difficult to meet the demand for quality software in 12-hour shifts."

While quality remains a major concern, Hiten believes that discipline will result in better quality. "When you know you can't extend shoots beyond 12 hours, people will be more serious about their work," he feels.

Edited by dewdropred - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaspreetm2815 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Thanks for sharingπŸ€—
craziekudi thumbnail