Originally posted by xobile

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by old-black-joe

goodmorning dia and jay.. y'know, you two posting here has really given new life to the dm :D I enjoy talkin to ya :D

I come here coz DM is full of sensible and entertaining people like yourself. Big smile

Hmm why the sudden buttering up to Joe?

He said something nice about me. The only polite thing would be to reciprocate. Hai na?

That's all well and good lekin jhoot bolne ki kya zaroorat hai? I'm just kidding Joe! :P

I'm a wannabe lawyer. Jhoot bolne ki practise karte rehni padti hai.

lol at least you're not in denial about it being a noble profession ;)
Have you decided if you wanna be a solicitor/barrister yet?

the lying thing was a joke ji. of course it's a noble profession.

no I havent finalised yet. but solicitor seems the better option.

Yes, of course it is. :|

I second that. I've heard from a couple of people that being a barrister is a lot of stress and it's not worth it. I'd have guessed that the situation would be similar for a solicitor too though? :\

No barristers are worse off than solicitors in that respect, because you have to foot a very large bill to qualify as a barrister whereas the firm usually pays for your LPC as a solicitor. Also, barristers are self employed so they don't have any company perks. However, successful barristers can earn a lot, often much more than solicitors. And that last point is why I'm still noto decided. Both are great professions though.

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:08pm | IP Logged

goodmorning dia and jay.. y'know, you two posting here has really given new life to the dm :D I enjoy talkin to ya :D

I come here coz DM is full of sensible and entertaining people like yourself. Big smile

He said something nice about me. The only polite thing would be to reciprocate. Hai na?

That's all well and good lekin jhoot bolne ki kya zaroorat hai? I'm just kidding Joe! :P

I second that. I've heard from a couple of people that being a barrister is a lot of stress and it's not worth it. I'd have guessed that the situation would be similar for a solicitor too though? :\

No barristers are worse off than solicitors in that respect, because you have to foot a very large bill to qualify as a barrister whereas the firm usually pays for your LPC as a solicitor. Also, barristers are self employed so they don't have any company perks. However, successful barristers can earn a lot, often much more than solicitors. And that last point is why I'm still noto decided. Both are great professions though.

Spot on! I think that's the main reason why my friends/relatives that are barristers hate their jobs so much. There's basically NO company perks at all. I've seen people suffer a lot to become a barrister and it really does seem like the exams are never-ending. No doubt successful barristers can earn a LOT but it isn't easy at all from what I've seen so I guess if I was in your position I'd be leaning towards becoming a solicitor but ultimately, the decision is yours and do whatever you enjoy more or whichever you see a better future in.

Btw congrats guys..this topic has almost reached 100 pages in less than a weekDancing
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Tube Strike on Boxing Day:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12066994

Bunch of twats!
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

Spot on! I think that's the main reason why my friends/relatives that are barristers hate their jobs so much. There's basically NO company perks at all. I've seen people suffer a lot to become a barrister and it really does seem like the exams are never-ending. No doubt successful barristers can earn a LOT but it isn't easy at all from what I've seen so I guess if I was in your position I'd be leaning towards becoming a solicitor but ultimately, the decision is yours and do whatever you enjoy more or whichever you see a better future in.

Btw congrats guys..this topic has almost reached 100 pages in less than a weekDancing

Yeah exactly. It's a tough life. But if you have the talent and the crazy determination then you can do very well. I dont think I have either so let's see. I don't actually want to be a lawyer my whole life, so it's not something I'm too worried about. I'd like to join the profession that would give me teh most valuable skills. And certainly barristers are very well trained in advocacy.

Yeah! This has become a chat thread now so that's not surprising LOL
souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

Yeah! This has become a chat thread now so that's not surprising LOL

It's amazing how much you guys can talk. LOL
And you guys have such lively discussion on so many things that it's quite interesting actually.

But keep the buildings smaller, some stickler for rules might rap you for that you know. Only 3 quotes are allowed per post or something like that is there in the rules.
Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfxobile

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
True, but no-one ever said it would be easy right?
I think my problem is that at times I'm highly motivated and other times I couldn't give a damn. Not to forget, I've masted the art of procrastination.

@souro: Thanks for the friendly reminder. I'll just have to learn to make smaller buildings. :P
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
What's this on Star News about Sara Khan and Ali Merchant's wedding being fake? :S
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:54pm | IP Logged

Tube Strike on Boxing Day:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12066994

Bunch of twats!

I will be in Manchester hahah :D

Yeah it's shameful how badly the tube stations deal with snow.

Go to top