Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xobile thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

LOL Xo, I thought you were speaking from the POV of a biased Uditji fan. My bad!

No joke, I think Hrithik Roshan is the only reason I ever decided to take dance classes or for that matter, enjoy dance so much. I remember watching Shiamak's dance troupe perform on the JDJ finale and was left speechless. I loved it so much that I went to Mumbai and joined his academy for a 6 week worshop. 

I think that was the best song Amit Paul sang that season. I wanted either him or Chingu Mingu to win. :(

Haha... I feel sorry Aditya Narayan, he can never be what his father is. It must be hard to have such an amazingly successful parent. In that sense, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan did justice to his lineage (of course NFAK wasn't his father but it was a similar story).

Wow he had that much of an impact on you. That's great! Shiamak is a great choreographer isn't he. In fact my fave Hrithik dance (Dhoom 2) is choreographed by Shiamak! My cousin trained with him for a while too. Did you enjoy it? Does he do some sort of jazz fusion?

Yeah I remember this song and 'Nasha Yeh Pyar Ka Nasha' because both times Amit sang superbly and Uditji came on stage afterwards to sing his version. 😍 And yeah, I wanted Amit to win too! In Indian Idols 2, 3 and 5 at the first audition I picked my choice for who would win the show and I picked Sandeep, Chang and Sreeram respectively. So I would have been happy had Chang won! That Tamang was just so undeserving. 🀒

My top Udit-Hrithik song:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwHbuRftMCQ[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by xobile - 13 years ago
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: xobile

Haha... I feel sorry Aditya Narayan, he can never be what his father is. It must be hard to have such an amazingly successful parent. In that sense, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan did justice to his lineage (of course NFAK wasn't his father but it was a similar story).

Wow he had that much of an impact on you. That's great! Shiamak is a great choreographer isn't he. In fact my fave Hrithik dance (Dhoom 2) is choreographed by Shiamak! My cousin trained with him for a while too. Did you enjoy it? Does he do some sort of jazz fusion?

Yeah I remember this song and 'Nasha Yeh Pyar Ka Nasha' because both times Amit sang superbly and Uditji came on stage afterwards to sing his version. 😍 And yeah, I wanted Amit to win too! In Indian Idols 2, 3 and 5 at the first audition I picked my choice for who would win the show and I picked Sandeep, Chang and Sreeram respectively. So I would have been happy had Chang won! That Tamang was just so undeserving. 🀒

My top Udit-Hrithik song:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwHbuRftMCQ[/YOUTUBE]

I'd still say he's done well for himself. He may not be as musically talented as his father but he's very popular with the girls!πŸ˜›

Yeah he did! I wasn't remotely interested in dancing until I saw Hrithik in Kaha Na Pyaar Hain and then after that I decided to join a dance group and loved it. Eventually after a couple of years, it got a bit hard to do shows and balance everything else at the same time so I quit classes but I still love dancing. :)
Nah the workshops aren't led by Shiamak himself but by other dance teachers. I have to admit, they were pretty good too. We got taught a dance sequence on a couple of songs..it was a mix of Bollywood and Contemporary dance.

You liked Sandeep? I couldn't stand the guy! I didn't think Tamang was deserving at all. Sourabhee was strictly OK.

I loveeee this medley! At one point I used to know it off by heart.
Edited by hindu4lyf - 13 years ago
xobile thumbnail

I didn't think OSO was anywhere near as good as Main Hoon Na, but it's a film I wouldn't mind watching at home when I haver nothing better to do. There were many things I liked about OSO, it had the famous 'ek chutki sindoor' and the 'Jab kisi cheez ko dil se chahho..' dialogue, and the 'Rascala mind it' scene which was quite funny if you ask me. So OSO was not as good as Main Hoon Na but it wasn't as bad as her brother's movie-Heyy baby! In comparison to TMK, even Dabaang was 10 times better! (I know..even I can't believe I'm saying this!) The jokes were not funny AT ALL! I think once or twice I laughed at just how pathetic some of the jokes were. It's like they had run out of ideas and to be honest I don't blame Farah Khan for everything..I blame a lot of it on Shirish Kunder 'cos he's done a lot of things in this movie-editing, story, screenplay, dialogues etc.

Sallu bhai looks like a total nutter in Wallah Re Wallah. I didn't understand the whole concept behind why they were were celebrating Eid 3 months later with Salman Khan and then in the next scene there's Chunky Pandey singing a 'Holi Mein Choli' songπŸ€ͺ

I haven't seen RGV ki Aag and don't intend on watching it either but I've heard this film was just as bad if not worse. The only thing that stopped me from walking out the cinema was the hope that it would get better..but unfortunately it didn't!

Yes, this was supposed to be Shirish Kunder's second film as a director. And they wanted Shahrukh Khan for it. But he kept rejecting it because of the rubbishness of the movie. And after years, Farah Khan took it up because she has more regard in the industry and they had Akshay Kumar play tees maar khan. Even the title of Khan is a dead giveaway. I mean, if they wanted to have a conman type character for Akshay, I would go for a play on his famour 'khiladi' character.
xobile thumbnail

I'd still say he's done well for himself. He may not be as musically talented as his father but he's very popular with the girls!πŸ˜›

Yeah he did! I wasn't remotely interested in dancing until I saw Hrithik in Kaha Na Pyaar Hain and then after that I decided to join a dance group and loved it. Eventually after a couple of years, it got a bit hard to do shows and balance everything else at the same time so I quit classes but I still love dancing. :)
Nah the workshops aren't led by Shiamak himself but by other dance teachers. I have to admit, they were pretty good too. We got taught a dance sequence on a couple of songs..it was a mix of Bollywood and Contemporary dance.

You liked Sandeep? I couldn't stand the guy! I didn't think Tamang was deserving at all. Sourabhee was strictly OK.

I loveeee this medley! At one point I used to know it off by heart.

Oh you must be great on the dance floor!

Yeah they must be very good for him to let em teach.

I stopped liking him, but when I saw him at audition I thought this guy will win because his voice was so mic-friendly. Musically, it was just his voice quality which saw him through to victory.

Yeah I love it too! It introduced me to so many old songs haha. Interestingly, this is the only time Lata Mangeshkar sang a composition by OP Nayyar!πŸ€“
xobile thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

TMK is a remake of this Peter Sellers comedy - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_the_Fox

Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying that so much of Indian film stuff is copied from the west.
hindu4lyf thumbnail

Yes, this was supposed to be Shirish Kunder's second film as a director. And they wanted Shahrukh Khan for it. But he kept rejecting it because of the rubbishness of the movie. And after years, Farah Khan took it up because she has more regard in the industry and they had Akshay Kumar play tees maar khan. Even the title of Khan is a dead giveaway. I mean, if they wanted to have a conman type character for Akshay, I would go for a play on his famour 'khiladi' character.

The other movie he directed was Jaan-E-Mann right? Another crappy movie. Boy has this been a bad year for Akshay or what? How many flops has he had this year?!

The direction is really bad in this film. I think I was even more pissed off because Farah Khan made a promise to Shakti Mohan on national television that she would dance in her movie and I was annoyed when I saw she was barely there for 2 seconds in the promotional videos. What made it worse was that she wasn't there AT ALL in the movie. Very annoyed with Farah Khan!
hindu4lyf thumbnail

Oh you must be great on the dance floor!

Yeah they must be very good for him to let em teach.

I stopped liking him, but when I saw him at audition I thought this guy will win because his voice was so mic-friendly. Musically, it was just his voice quality which saw him through to victory.

Yeah I love it too! It introduced me to so many old songs haha. Interestingly, this is the only time Lata Mangeshkar sang a composition by OP Nayyar!πŸ€“

Haha I guess I'm OK.

Yeah they are good..in fact the guy who used to be my dance teacher was a Shiamak Davar student and he was in the same class as Shahid Kapoor so when you'd see him dance..you'd immediately think of Shahid Kapoor and his style of dancing.

One of my favourite songs by Lataji:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z87vUDU_22Y[/YOUTUBE]

The women has so much power in her voice.
so what time are we staying up till today?

Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying that so much of Indian film stuff is copied from the west.

yeh, and of much inferior quality... unlike Pritam, who does it better.
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Originally posted by: Emptiness

so what time are we staying up till today?

Not 4am! :\

Seeing as I have to wake up early..not too late.