Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Mujhe Kuch Tumse Hai Kehna (Page 56)

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Never even heard of it. What's it about?

It's this funny/cheesy dating show hosted by some guy called Paddy. :D

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

Dating show? Best dating show EVER was Blind Date hosted by Cilla Black.
I used to lvoe hearing the stories when the couples got back from their holiday togetherLOL
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 1:29pm | IP Logged

I used to lvoe hearing the stories when the couples got back from their holiday togetherLOL

Haha yhh they just showed that - the guy was not interested on her. Bechari

When I was 14 my fave dating show was Room Raiders LOL
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 1:32pm | IP Logged

Pshh..her fault for being so non-interesting in the first place! :P

Room raiders? Dude, what kind of dating shows did you used to watch?!ConfusedLOL
souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 1:32pm | IP Logged

Ahhh thanks for those pics Souro. Now I wanna go there even more!
It looks beautiful and it's amazing how beautiful something can look even after so many years. :)

A lot of these temples were damaged because they got overgrown with trees. Many centruies ago there was constant conflict between Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailan and during one such Thai invasions the capital was shifted from Angkor to Phnom Penh and this area became completely uninhabited.

But still they survived. But then after these temples were rediscovered, they were damaged even more in some wars. During Vietnam wars some of the rockets were deliberately targeted towards these temples to discourage Cambodia from helping or giving asylum to the Vietnamese people. Also Thailand engaged in some war and deliberately destoryed the beams supporting the roofs so that they will collapse down. The roof didn't collapse because of the way the stones were arranged during construction but have obviously become weakened. You can see in that corridor pic that the central groove at the top of the roof looks hollow, that groove is where the beams used to be.
And if all that was not enough, the Cambodian dictator Pol Pot used these temples as his fort and even altered some of them so that his tanks and stuff can get inside.

Now there are several countries like India, US, Germany, UK, Japan who are helping the Cambodian govt. to restore the temples. Felt good seeing those boards mentioning that India in collaboration with UNESCO is helping to restore the site.
But the Cambodian govt. is so corrupt that they other govts. have to pay them if they want to help them in the restoration program. It's height of corruption, taking bribe for getting help.

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

Room raiders? Dude, what kind of dating shows did you used to watch?!ConfusedLOL

Did u never watch the MTV reality shows? C'mon u musta seen SuperSweet16 at least ;)
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 1:35pm | IP Logged

Did u never watch the MTV reality shows? C'mon u musta seen SuperSweet16 at least ;)

Sweet 16 and MTV Cribs all the wayCool

Did you see the MTV cribs  episode when they went to Russell Peters place? The guy had a MASSIVE collection of p**n DVD's! =|

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

xobile

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Ahhh thanks for those pics Souro. Now I wanna go there even more!
It looks beautiful and it's amazing how beautiful something can look even after so many years. :)

A lot of these temples were damaged because they got overgrown with trees. Many centruies ago there was constant conflict between Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailan and during one such Thai invasions the capital was shifted from Angkor to Phnom Penh and this area became completely uninhabited.

But still they survived. But then after these temples were rediscovered, they were damaged even more in some wars. During Vietnam wars some of the rockets were deliberately targeted towards these temples to discourage Cambodia from helping or giving asylum to the Vietnamese people. Also Thailand engaged in some war and deliberately destoryed the beams supporting the roofs so that they will collapse down. The roof didn't collapse because of the way the stones were arranged during construction but have obviously become weakened. You can see in that corridor pic that the central groove at the top of the roof looks hollow, that groove is where the beams used to be.
And if all that was not enough, the Cambodian dictator Pol Pot used these temples as his fort and even altered some of them so that his tanks and stuff can get inside.

Now there are several countries like India, US, Germany, UK, Japan who are helping the Cambodian govt. to restore the temples. Felt good seeing those boards mentioning that India in collaboration with UNESCO is helping to restore the site.
But the Cambodian govt. is so corrupt that they other govts. have to pay them if they want to help them in the restoration program. It's height of corruption, taking bribe for getting help.

I had read that Cambodia used to have many temples that were destroyed over the years but didn't know the reasons behind it. Thanks for that, :)
In fact, even Sri Lanka used to have a lot more Hindu Temples till it became a majority Bhuddist country.

Hmm that's strange. The restoration will increase tourism for Cambodia, hence increasing revenue and income for the country so it seems absurd that they'd ask for a a bribe when other countries wish to help with the restoration. Money is the root of all evil I tell ya.

Go to top