Sanjog Se Bani Sangini
Sanjog Se Bani Sangini

Sacha Pyar- Short Story

pinkcarnation Senior Member
pinkcarnation
pinkcarnation

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Sacha Pyar

With trembling hands Pihu closed the phone.  Upon hearing Prateik's words on the other line, her heart had received a startle.  Rudra had accepted Gauri as his wife, and not only that but had gone to jail fighting for her honor.  Could it really be so?  Even if it was, why should she care? How did it affect her? 

Not even a split second of thought was required before she understood the answer to her own queries.  Obviously, she cared, there had never been a moment when she didn't. There are moments in life when the heart realizes the depth of its emotions, and it was that such moment that Pihu realized how deep her love for Rudra was.  Her mind had convinced him to leave her and move on with the famous Dehradun doctor, Abhay, but her heart had never given her the permission to replace Rudra in anyway. 

Now, she must meet him, she must assess his current state.  However, how to get away without telling Abhay? It was as if sanjog was on her side, and Abhay called.

"Pihu, an emergency case has just come up, so I will be held up at the hospital till morning.  You please, don't worry, and go to sleep.  I'll be there to wake you up in the morning, sweetheart."

As sanjog would have it, Pihu had the whole night to herself.  Getting away from elderly in-laws was a breeze,  both her mother-in-law and father-in-law were sound asleep.  In an agigtated state of mind and heart,  Pihu took the car keys, and started on the roads of Dehradun towards the police station in Haridwar.  As she drove, the clouds shared in the turmoil of her heart by a strong outpour of rain.  She thought about her feelings regarding Rudra, and reasoned away any doubts on why they had remained so strong.  It was because she truly loved her childhood sweetheart.  A week ago, in the battle between mind and heart, her mind had gained the advantage and she had married Abhay.  But, only the idea of Rudra belonging to someone else, had impeded her progress towards a happy married life.  She drove own like this, trying to gather her emotions and justify her actions, until she reached the Haridwar police station.  She stopped the car in front of the police station entrance, and was about to open the door, when she spotted Gauri. 

Gauri, unaware of the troubled heart behind her,  continued on with her own thougths.  The guilt of placing her husband in such a horrible situation was unwilling to subside.  She couldn't understand as to why, when Rudra had so willingly come to her rescue, things had to go so wrong.  She was guilty for her course of action in trying to run her house through a singing gig, but she mainly regretted Rudra's honorable actions which resulted in such a horrible ending.  Gauri was holding a blanket in her hands and was heading towards the prison cell where Rudra was lying on the floor.  As she turned inside,  Pihu decided to exit her car.  In the wet rain, Pihu dashed to the entrance of the police station and situated herself just outside of the police station. 

Leaning her head against the cold cement wall, Pihu was able to have a good glimpse of her Rudra lying on the hard floor of the prison.  PIhu was standing in such a position that she was not visible to Gauri or to any of the prison guards. Her Rudra in such a pitiful state, lying next to other street hooligans.  His cute baby face touching the dust lined ground, oh, how she wished she could come closer.  She wished she good greet her Rudra, and make him understand her situation, and the reason for her coming here.  All she wanted was to lessen his pain of separation, and become a forgotten past, but not a past that was thought of with sadness, but with affection. 

On the other hand, Gauri had placed herself on the wooden bench inside the police station and was eagerly staring at Rudra's still body.  She had handed his cellmate the blanket she brought for Rudra, knowing that if she had given it to him, he would've declined immediately.  She did not want her husband to suffer in the way she knew he was during these difficult times.  She knew his broken heart and current circumstances were having a detrimental effect on his present condition.  The only hope she nurtured was that if he wanted her to be in his life, she would not decline in anyway, but in the circumstance, that he wanted her to leave him forever, she would still do so willingly.  She would do anything for her husband and his true happiness. 

In a deep slumber, Rudra was unaware of the deep feelings and emotions conveyed towards him by the two women.  He was unaware that one had stood outside in the rain until the morning sunrise, reminiscing about the memories of the past, and the other had spent a sleepless night on the police station bench with only his concerns in mind.  He dreamt away his night in prison, and it is only he who knows which women was successful in entering the dreamland of her Rudra. 

This was my first ever attempt at writing a ff, so please comments and suggestions would be very helpful. 

Sorry, guys have not been able to update and don't think I will be able to either. So, i am changing this to a short story, and so I will end it here.  Hopefully, I can write more short stories, but I probably won't be writing a ff.

Edited by pinkcarnation - 12 January 2011 at 6:36pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

malfoyThamesrivermonaghosh-Ria-nycsweetieSilverBell

SilverBell IF-Stunnerz
SilverBell
SilverBell

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Wow nice work. I love Reading FFs. keep wrting.(:

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

monaghosh

pinkcarnation Senior Member
pinkcarnation
pinkcarnation

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
Thank you very much, hun.  With your encouragement, I might just write more. 

monaghosh

SilverBell IF-Stunnerz
SilverBell
SilverBell

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
(: good.

monaghosh

nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie