India-Forums

Maryada
Maryada

I wonder why ??? (Page 2)

fusion13 Senior Member
fusion13
fusion13

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
great post dj...if women are strong dusnt mean it can only be brought up by showing the men wrong.....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DJ..

DJ.. IF-Sizzlerz
DJ..
DJ..

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kvva

Thanks DJ.   I always love to hear your thoughts and like always you have proven me right by giving me such a wonderful write up to read I was awesome Gave a wonderful outlook

Actually there are many things that I would like to say here.

Sid Ridhima : I would say this is more unrealistic story. Why I like it then ? Because Sid is a really dreamy character. It is a dream which I would like to see as a truth some day.  Ridhima is very weak character (even before the tent scene). I catagorize her so from mid January itself. A person who could not survive on her own  and always needed somebody else to make decisions for her.  But yes, it might be a more realistic character as one can find many woman like that, educated can stand on their own legs, still don't have bone many a times. Sid, 1) a person who can go to any lengths for the sake of another person just based on humanitarian grounds   2) a person who can give any amount of freedom to his wife, so that she can make her own decision. These kind of persons are more of a rarity and I would just say they are beutiful dreams.  I liked that story only because, I like the woman to be respected even in spite of their weaknesses and I would like them to have all the freedom like how or even say better than what a man can have.  Apart from that, there were many inconsistencies in the story, character construction or relatoinships.

The reason I said that i used to find the characterization natural in DMG is listed by me in my first post on the forum http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1485199

Now talking of these characters i completely agree with what you have to say and yes now a days I don't bother thinking of Riddhima at all As for inconsistencies i feel instead of naming the serial as dil mil gaye it should be inconsistencies mil gaye LOL

Maryada : It is definitely a far better story. There are many many intersting angles in this story. Every character is designed with quite some care and every relation is designed with quite some care. Even a less important relation like imli-vidya, in my opinion is designed quite nicely. Lot of natural human reactions are captured in this story.  Be it Pradan family and their interactions, Gaurav-SSP-Devyani-Aditya or be it Vidya-Gaurav  or be it Dadaji-Devyani or Dadaji-Vidya or any pair of relations are quite nicely designed.    But my main complaint is why always  take extreme problem as case studies. Why not deal with more common,  more simple issues  yet more intriguing issues.  By extreme problems, I meant the problems faced by few person but really grave in magnitude.  They are many things that I can talk about. But I will try to write about the most important relations in this serial

Here I again I have to agree with you the writer has indeed taken special care of the characterization and interactions. But like you have said since the issues dealt are more rare hence there starts to be a disconnect. But then this is a part and parcel of a hindi soap I feel now a days which I thought Maryada would prove wrong.

Yes I completely agree with the part in bold they can indeed do wonder with simpler issues but are using an extreme case for each person why i have never understood in all serials

Gaurav - Vidya : Quite interesting.  Gaurav, a  smooth and sensitive person more of a person artsitic  nature, who since childhood being trying to make some space in his father's heart, whose father's expectations are totally contrasting to the person he really is, is forced into a relation with  a very innocent, naive Vidya.  But please note Vidya is not all that dumb, she realized Gaurav has issues with his father, even before he mentioned it.  The struggle that is going from his childhood or his artistic nature I feel could have been the reason for his other relationship.  I can understand that his other relationship could be opposed by his parents more so by his father. His relation with his mother and distance from his father, his father's excess happiness with his other son everything looks interesting, infact quite interesting for me.  One can see these kind of issues in many families. Parents except something, but children are something else.

But the biggest question that I have is ? A sensible person like Gaurav, how can he jeoparadize another person (Vidya)'s life ? When he does that, how come he does not fee any guilt towards it ? I am not able to understand this. I hope writers solve this issue for me in the future.

I too feel that if he is not willing and is a sensitive how come he agreed to it. Then that he is an extremely weak person who will get suppressed very easily (negative trait for me) And since he did marry and does not seem to have guilt then he is indeed committing adultery Confusion hai ......yes but I like his character more than Aditya's seriously I don't know why but somehow I can't stand Aditya 

Devyani - SSP : I would say this a very realistic relationship in quite some families. Yes it is not a very common problem, but many families have this kind of relationship to some degree or other.  I would say, Devyani is strong and is able to withstand this pressure. May be I dont agree with her ways, no never. I would definitely prefer the woman to spit on such person and walk out of his life holding her head high.  But I can never stop myself from appreciating her courage, patience  to deal with this situation over those many years.  She is not a weak person, only thing is her methods are really old and outdated.

My biggest issues here is ?   SSP is a complete black character. I was initially quite dissappointed with it.  But later I realized that, he is an SSP. This a position which can corrupt the person completely.  I realized that there can be many such persons in such professions. These are really powerful positions which can corrupt an already inclined person to a complete extent.  But as I said earlier, I feel this problem can be realistic but is a more rare problem.

Of all the characters I was drawn toward Devayani most Different choice I know LOL But honestly Such women I feel are stronger than the Priyas in life Yes it is easier to spit out and walk out but it is equally difficult to stay in the situation

A very interesting approach actually it is quite true very honest the position or profile is such that they have to deal with many issues and such people that they get rubbed with the same dirt they are trying to clean or deal with

But here even though they show him as whatever he can be shown atleast behaving decently with his father or wife Some definite goodness to be seen

Devyani-Dadaji :  I think this is a very interesting relationship.  Till now, I don't have any complaints against it.  I just loved the last interaction, which started with Dadaji worried about Devyani with the entry of new bahu, disccusing his worries with his bahu and finally him settling with the feeling that the new bahu will do good to his Devyani.  I mean I just love most of their scenes. They are very realistic and very interesting to see.

This is the best I love these scenes

Infact in the last episode one can see the fear in Devayani's eyes clearly recalling dadaji's words I love their interactions

Uttara - Rishab :  Anothe interesting relation. Which started and continued the initial days without much of problems, later Rishab's accident put him in a back seat and thereby their relation also a back seat. Now the biggest problem for this relation is his physical handicapness, his loss of grip on his life because of his accident and added by Uttara's beauty. Jaya, has written very nicely about Abusive behaviour.  Uttara is a woman who wants to revolt still not there .  However her patience is finished she revolts and then Rishab's realization. Things seem to go quite interestingly.

My biggest problem here is : I just hate the new issue brought into their life. Again they are taking help of very rare issues to move forward thier story.  I am feeling somewhere the character consistency is slipping away. I hope they get back their grip ..

Don't know much as I missed the initial episodes

Adi-Priya :   This relation just started. Aditya is an immature guy. No doubt in it. But a good and daring man.  Fallen in love with Priya without much of a reason or effort and is persuading her. She was once a strong person, met with some really unfortunate circumstances, which have temporarly taken away all her strength. Now is slowly coming back to life. Here I just would like to bring Ridhima ? Do you really think Ridhima faced much gravier situations than Priya. In my opinion no? But see Priya, just with the help of two three conversations from Adi, she is able to fight back.  That is why Ridhima also looks unreallistically weak for me.  Interesting thing wil be to watch how an Immature and impulsive Aditya emerge through the situation of Priya her past and her past's the relation to his father.  Remember here, Adi worships his dad and is completely unaware of his dark side.

My biggest problem here ? Though Priya's is again a rare situaion, but the story is mainly based on this. I mean any story is born only when some rare things happen.  But the complaint I have in Maryada is all the stories are extreme. So, I have less problems with Priya's story.  But they are dramatizing it quite a lot. It is my opinion.  It is little difficult for me to watch unncessary and forced romantic scenes in the otherwise  smooth flowing story. Here, I don't think Adi is a black character. In his age, many will be immature and it is how they emerge out of the tough situations, actually makes them.

Agree with the bold

I don't think or say he is negative or grey for that matter infact in midst of all these characters i he is shown a pure soul jabardasti ka cause he is the hero LOL It seems more forced that since he is going to be paired with the woman who was raped he has to be all clean

In all I feel all the remaining 3 men  are grey in nature. Only SSP is a complete black character.  Yes there will be natural varations in the characters depening upon the situations. For example, when SSP's truth is infront of Aditya, I definitely expect him to react strongly, initially. It is more natural for him to do that. It will be only with time that he will be able to digest, accept the fact that his father can also be corrupt.

There are many more intersting things. But probably some other time. Hope I did not bore you with my long essay.   Like I said earlier it is a pleasure to know your thoughts

my answers in blue above

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kvva

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maryada Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index