Disney World

ChroniclesOfNarnia#3VoyageOfTheDawnTreador:Reviews

Posted: 13 years ago
Just saw The Chronicles of Narnia:Voyage of the Dawn Trader today. I know am very late, but I am very happy that the hall was quite full. Plus, I got to see the movie in 3D, my second mega 3D experience after Avatar.

Okay, now the plot. 80%based on the popular book by C.S.Lewis. Its better than the other two movies(personal opinion). Its dark and suspense filled throughout, but there are some comedy scenes delivered by new comer Eustace.

In this movie, Edward, Lucy and their not-so-favourite cousin Eustace travel to Narnia through a painting and is rescued y King Caspian. They aboard the Dawn Trader, the magnificent ship which can go through any hurdle that is alive. King Caspian is on an intimidating mission...he has to collect the seven magical swords left behind by his father's seven most loyal supporters and converge them on Aslan's table to remove the dark haunting spell off the Dark Island, famous for tempting travellers, and rescue Narnia from all dangers. Eustace, for whom this entire world is a fairy tale come real is frustrated and wants to leave before he is transformed into a dragon. Crossing all possible hurdles, they come to the Dark Island. There they are warned that if they think of anything that is terrifying, it is bound to come true. Unfortunately, Edward does the very thing and gives birth to the most powerful and devastating thing to fear possible. At the end, they battle with the White Witch and bring all the seven swords together and remove the spell. Aslan congratulates the four and tell Caspian that he has done well and he is a brilliant king.

What surprised me was the acting of the new comer Eustace(Will Poulter). The way he delivered the emotions and the dialogues were very effective. Ben Barnes was brilliant like always.Georgie Henley and Skander Keynes were amazing too.

Other elements worth a praise were the cinematography, the soundtrack, editing, lighting and ofcourse direction. Screenplay lacked some significance though.