prachi desai fan culb
Can we you like
andjoin
Thanks

Prachi Desai

PRACHI DESAI}♥♥♥

Edited by sweeti.prachi - 03 May 2011 at 9:44am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

sjsbsipak.gir.prachikatrinaasZebi02Rockyy_Mahi1219-prachid--purnima-kooliioashajibelieveinpink

pak. Goldie
pak.
pak.

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 11:52am | IP Logged

Mumbai Mirror , Article: PRACHI DESAI
The day Prachi Desai landed in Mumbai from Pune, she bagged the role of Bani in Kasamh Se. Lounging around in the living room
 of her two-bedroom-hall flat in Lokhandwala, she says that life has been full of surprises. Having tasted stardom, success and fame at an early age, she feels that life couldn't have been better!
1. TOY STORY
Prachi moved into this flat a year ago. Being new to Mumbai, she was told that it's practical for actors to live in the suburbs. So, Lokhandwala it was. "Initially, I didn't like Mumbai. It took me some time to get use to the lifestyle here," says Prachi. The girl doesn't have too many friends. "But I talk with my soft toys," she says with a smile. In fact, Prachi has a different name for each soft toy. She is uncomfortable when they aren't scattered all over in her room

2. PLAIN JANE
These are Prachi's proud parents. Her mother Ameeta Desai, is always worried about her daughter's health. "Mom's always fussing about my health," she laughs. Her elder sister Esha is in college in Pune and is appearing for her second year exams. Prachi and her family lead a very simple life. "Yes, I do want to buy a bigger house. But I'll never have flamboyant interiors in my house. They intimidate me big time!"

3. FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Cooking was something that Prachi could never learn. "But I do know to make the basic stuff like tea, eggs, paratha and kichdi." She loves chineese food and pav bhaji. At home the Desai's never make non vegetarian good. "After living in a boarding school, I developed a taste for chicken but my parents are vegetarian. I like chicken biryani and tandoori chicken." Recently, Prachi was in Dubai for the shooting of Kasamh Se.  "It was my first trip abroad and I had a blast."

4. LITTLE WOMAN
In Mumbai, her only friends are her co-stars. Bani as they fondly call her, is the baby of the entire unit. Producer Ekta Kapoor is pampers her a lot. "People know me as Bani from Kasamh Se because of Ekta. I owe my success to her," she says. On her birthday, Prachi bought herself a swanky red Hundai Swift. "It's the most expensive gift that I ever bought for myself," she flashes her million dollar smiles. Well, this is just the beginning and she is sure that destiny has a lot more in store for her.

5. PICTURE PERFECT

She was born is Surat and later moved Pune for studies. "I didn't appear for my HSC board exams as the Kasamh Se shooting began around the same time." But the girl intends to complete her graduation soon. "My parents have been very supportive of me all throughout," she smiles. Prachi loves collecting pictures of people she likes. "I've a huge collection of pictures of my friends and schoolmates. Also whenever I meet some influential person I click his or her picture and keep it in my album."

Prachi Desai

(Gujarati: ?????? ?????; born 12 September 1988)[1] is an Indian film and television actress. She is best known for her role as Bani Walia in the Hindi television drama. Kasamh Se which aired on Zee TV. Prachi is the endorser, spokesperson, brand ambassador and the face of Neutrogena products in India.

Modeling

Acting was her passion since childhood - her father and uncle had done various Gujarati plays - but she started with a short modeling workshop. She went to Pune for higher studies and had almost finished her junior college when her pictures were sent to Balaji Telefilms and she got a call for an audition for Kasamh Se. She had just turned 17 when her career began on Kasamh Se and left her studies for a while. She is now continuing with her correspondence course. She has also starred in her first movie Rock On !! which was released on 29 August 2008 and Farhan Akhtar as her co-star.

Television

Kasamh Se is the serial that Prachi starred in and got her fame on Zee TV. She has captured many a hearts with this program acting as innocent but strong willed Bani Dixit (now Bani Walia). Prachi left Kasamh Se on 15 April 2008 and was replaced by Gurdeep Kohli after being burnt and drowned in episode 562. Kasamh Se ended 12 March 2009. In the last episode, Prachi Desai made a special appearance as the former Bani. Kasautii Zindagii Kay was aired on Star Plus which was a TV serial in which Prachi did a cameo for two days as a school student in Prerna's school. Her character's name in Kasauti Zindagi Ki was Prachi Desai. In the serial she plays a student who tries to go with her lover far away without the permission of her parents and was caught by the show's heroine who complains this to her and her lover's parents.

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2

Prachi then entered Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, the Indian version of America's dancing show, "Dancing With The Stars", on 7 September 2007 with choreographer Deepak Singh. Prachi impressed the judges every week, but was ultimately eliminated on 10 November 2007. However, she entered the contest again via the wild-card entry on 23 November 2007. Prachi then landed a spot in the grand finale of the dance show on 15 December 2007 and won the first place amongst the contestants. She was awarded the dancing star of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2. However it has been alleged that she was made to return as a wild card entry in spite of her elimination due to a direct intervention from her close personal friend, Ekta Kapoor which compelled the producers of the show to change the international format of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

Awards

The Sixth Indian Telly Awards:

Couple of the year - Prachi and her co-star Ram Kapoor won the award for their on screen chemistry in the show.

Fresh New Face of the Year (Female) - Prachi shared the award with Zee TV's star, Rajshree Vaidya.

15th Kalakar Awards:

Best Actress - Prachi Desai (Television) in the 15th Kalakar Awards was held on 14 January 2006 at Science City Auditorium, Kolkata.

Sansui Television Awards:

Best Actress - Bani Walia For Kasamh Se.

The Seventh Indian Telly Awards: Best Actress - Bani Walia For Kasamh Se.

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 2, winner, declared on Sony Entertainment Television Asia.

Zee Rishton Ka Utsav (2007): Favourite Bhabhi-Nanand Rishta

Best Actress - for The Global Indian TV Honours. Best Actress at Sansui Television Awards (2008) (Popular Category) for her portrayal as Bani Walia in Kasamh Se.

Sabse Favourite Kaun - Best newcomer

Zee Cine Awards

• 2011: Best Actress in Supporting Role (Female) for Once Upon A Time In Mumbai

Lions Gold Awards

2011: Best Actress in Supporting Role (Female) for Once Upon A Time In Mumbai

Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards

2011: Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Female) for Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai

Television appearances

2006 Kasamh Se
Bani Dixit/ Bani Walia
Herself with Deepak Singh

Herself

2010 C.I.D

2010 Kitchen Champion (Season 3)
Host / Supporter

Film

2008 Rock On!! Saakshi

2009 Life Partner Prachi

2010 Joker Under Production

Edited by prachiaa - 01 February 2011 at 8:27am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

pak.gir.prachisjsbsiZebi02Proud-BrownGirlkatrinaas-prachid-ashajzaryaabJuhi1b8-purnima-kooliioibelieveinpink

pak. Goldie
pak.
pak.

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

Image - ● CREATION BY BOLLYWOOD-03 → ARTICLE # 8 Prachi Desai The World Of Bollywood

prachi desai sister

stars

purple sparkly divider

blue hearts

Members

Lunna_22
candy_floss88
indiandoll89
Sonamlicious
xXxrachnaxXx
_brunnette_
sweet coco
jaanlover
Zebi02
shala-deepz
*Reemz*
-purnima-
Armu4eva
angel_prachi
prachid
nikita_ght

Edited by sweeti.prachi - 21 May 2011 at 12:01pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

sjsbsipak.gir.prachiZebi02katrinaas-prachid-melonie-purnima-kooliioashajibelieveinpink

pak. Goldie
pak.
pak.

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 4:20am | IP Logged

Edited by sweeti.prachi - 10 April 2011 at 5:17pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sjsbsipak.gir.prachiZebi02katrinaas-prachid-melonie-purnima-kooliioashaj

pak. Goldie
pak.
pak.

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 8:02am | IP Logged

Edited by prachiaa - 14 February 2011 at 1:33pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

pak.gir.prachikatrinaasZebi02angel_prachi-prachid-melonieBlackStoneskooliioashaj

pak. Goldie
pak.
pak.

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:04am | IP Logged

Edited by prachiaa - 14 February 2011 at 1:34pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pak.gir.prachikatrinaasZebi02melonie-prachid-kooliio

pak. Goldie
pak.
pak.

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 9:16am | IP Logged

Edited by prachiaa - 25 January 2011 at 2:56pm