India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Devils Den:Aa Gale Lag Jaa... (Page 98)

mchopra IF-Sizzlerz
mchopra
mchopra

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
@gauri: bang on yes..its right..i felt like strangling Drishti here..or even karishma..Karishma is married hse knows what chooda means to a girl..its the most important part of the wedding attire in us..u can dump ur necklace and ur rings..but not chooda..by god..it was so..nd gauri u are not supposed to see it before marriage..we cover it and remove the cloth only before taking the bride to madap or before varmala..and uncle says i will make u wear it..mera bas chalta na i would have killed them there..pls corrcet this..and acc to us..u are not suppsoed to wear white for one yera after marriage..u wera white first time on first weding anniversay and here madam is buying only whites...Confused

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

polly23veil_of_roses-pixie-Sofnavivacious_gurlswan20TheRowdiestAnjanaYYZ

MishtyShona IF-Sizzlerz
MishtyShona
MishtyShona

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
Well i guess wat u r saying makes sense... Have not yet been in a relationship, so have no idea bout kab kya hoto hain....

But while MSK was in the office yesterday, they could have shon him thinking over Arjunes proposal, his returning the shares or trying to gauze his character or Motives... He is after all NT's bro... Knowing NT very well, that she is great at manupulation n not the one to give up soon ... He can wonder if she is upto something.....Let his not tell geet bout all this now but atleast he can be shown pondering over Arjune's actions n possible motives...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anvi2009swan20

vivacious_gurl IF-Sizzlerz
vivacious_gurl
vivacious_gurl

@shifa

here is the chuda for u

these red n white bangles are the chuda..... they do signify passion and purity of marraige..... punjabi's wear chuda for the wedding...... n this chuda is worn for an yr......

Symbolic, splendourous chudas!

Spotting a newly-married Punjabi woman in India is easy. Dozens of red and cream ivory bangles adorning her wrists speak aloud about her marital status. These set of bangles in ivory, lac or plastic with intricate inlay work painted or engraved on it are adorned on the bride's wrist after a traditional ceremony called "chuda chadana".

chudas A day or two before the wedding an auspicious day is selected by the family priest for the chuda chadana ceremony. The bride's mama (mother's brother) gets these bangles for the bride. It begins with a havan or puja and after this a 'mauli' (red sacred thread) is tied to the bride's wrist. Along with it is also tied a black sacred thread with iron rings called 'gana' to protect the bride from all ills.

The set of chudas is shown to the girl just before the ceremony. Everyone present during this ritual touches the bangles and offers their good wishes and blessings. This ceremony commences amidst heavy emotions.

Before the bangles are worn they are soaked in 'kacchi lassi' (buttermilk) overnight. During the ceremony friends and cousins of the bride-to-be gather around her and sing and dance with gaiety. Usually after the chuda is tied, the girl remains indoors till the wedding in her old clothes. It is believed that in ancient times, to attain ethereal beauty, the bride sat before four lamps lit till her wedding day.

The groom's family also has a role to play in this ceremony. Although they do not attend this function they send the 'kwar dhoti' to the girl before the chuda and mehendi ceremony. This gift contains saris, mehendi, clothes for the pundit, dry fruits and cosmetics.

Wearing the chuda is absolutely necessary for every Punjabi Indian bride but sometimes due to circumstances the girl can seek the permission of her mother-in-law and opt for a lesser number of bangles. The time-period of wearing this chuda also varies from family to family but it must be worn for atleast 45 days. Some wear it even for a year.

Other states also wear auspicious bangles like in Rajasthan, the bride-to-be wears red and green coloured bangles called 'ichura'. In Gujarat the 'chudo' is worn along with green and red glass bangles.

Kaleerey
Tinkling bells of the Kaleerey
The chuda ceremony can never be complete without the 'kaleerey'. These dome shaped streamers with tinkling silver and gold bells are considered auspicious for the bride. The bride's cousins and friends tie them to the chuda. They are like blessings for the bride for her new life and also to remind her of her old friends. It is said that the bride has as many friends as there are leaves in the kaleerey. So the more leaves the merrier!

Sometimes coconut pieces and dry fruits are tied to the kaleerey. This is because during ancient times when the bride started for her husband's home in a doli, it would take days to reach her destination. She could thus feed on the coconut and dry fruits tied to her kaleerey. Times have changed and although it takes but a few minutes to reach anywhere, the significance of this ritual still stands strong.

Another tradition being that when the bride leaves for her new house she is supposed to hit her unmarried friends and cousins with the kaleerey. Whoever gets hit first will get married next. We also see a similar ritual in Christian weddings where the bride tosses her bouquet and the girl who catches it is purported to be the next in line to marry.

Edited by deniac - 17 December 2010 at 1:50pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

chiptaqdirpolly23veil_of_roses-pixie--Divine-Sofnaswan20mchopraAnjanaYYZTheRowdiest

mchopra IF-Sizzlerz
mchopra
mchopra

shradha: we all choose our chooda now..but after that u must not have seeen it agaib na..

-pixie-vivacious_gurl

swan20 IF-Sizzlerz
swan20
swan20

hello all.....Big smile

so whats the discussion about..... Passion or lack of it....LOL

my 2 cents.....me not expecting any kiss or anything which irks the MMM but at this stage in their relationship i do expect the yearning, the impatience, the need to get close. Maan's eyes are enough to show that feeling of passion. Nissar is not using that. There have been many scenes in the past where Maan has shown his passion thru his eyes & his husky voice. Nissar needs to capitalize on GC's ability to portray passion by a mere look IMO.....Embarrassed.....Swati Pandey & Nissar had worked wonders before....the new writers also have to come up with some magic now. The bindi scene was a start but after that its all been very lacklustre....Ouch

Edited by swan20 - 17 December 2010 at 1:48pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Anvi2009polly23veil_of_roses-Divine--pixie-Sofnaliv2laugh

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
@Shreya: Agree on the whites tooLOL. My mom refused to buy me anything which even had a white line. To think that pre-wedding 60-70% of my wardrobe would be white and black and some combination of these two colors.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

veil_of_rosesvivacious_gurlliv2laugh

TheRowdiest IF-Stunnerz
TheRowdiest
TheRowdiest

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gooseberry

now what is this chuda Wacko

chuda is a set of bangles which punjabi bride wears during her wedding .....

here is the pic

polly23liv2laugh

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -pixie-

Anj: We are projecting a lot of stuff here which I dont think the writers have ever even shown. I have never felt Geet is uncomfortable physically around Maan. She maybe Shy/Coy but never acted as if she is traumatized by physical intimacy. 

He stepped back- not because she needed time to heal- but because he wanted to her to accept her feelings for him. At least thats what I saw on screen.
Pixie - in the rose petal scene recently she was uncomfortable due to memories associated to Dev until Maan reassured her.  And no they have not shown her physically uncomfortable, but hesistant/shy... and that is why he steps back... she is not ready not truely.  Same with RTM, Maan had doubts about her emotional readiness for physical... both mental & physical yes has to be there for them to proceed...

Also, i want everyone recall post KBM - he himself said they have to maintain their distance... am sure he knows that once it starts... down that track... slippage possibilities are heightened! 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-pixie-Sofnaliv2laughswan20

Go to top