Pratigya

India-Forums

TB: Conversation with the writer of pratigya

....Poojie.... IF-Stunnerz
....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 6:31am | IP Logged

'I was impressed by the Allahabadi dialect' - Shanti Bhushan

Friday, December 17, 2010 | 7:00:30 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 0 Comments 'I was impressed by the Allahabadi dialect' - Shanti Bhushan

Exclusive conversation with Shanti Bhushan, the witer of popluar shows like Pratigya, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, Rishton Se Badi Pratha et al.

You have a good association with Pearl Grey and write for both her shows Pratigya and Rishton Se Badi Pratha. How has the association worked out?
Pearl is an excellent writer, who is at very ease and a simple person and she has a plethora of experience which she knows how to apply in her work. Our manner of storytelling is similar which makes me comfortable to work with her and we supplement each others work. And apart from being a writer, she is a great human being as well. We have a good tuning among ourselves wherein we first work on the story together, after which she does the screenplay and I work on the dialogues. We have always tried to bring in something new and untouched with Pratigya and Rishton Se Badi Pratha and have always been successful.

In Pratigya, the dialogues given to the Sajjan Singh and his family have been very much appreciated. How and why did you decide on giving each and every character such strong hitting and unusual dialogues?
There is always a humour in every language and its dialects, and these contents are a bit more in the Allahabadi dialect. I was really attracted to the dialect when I was in Allahabad and whenever there were bits of Allahabadi dialects in Amitabh Bachchan movies, I used to get really excited. When Pearl had started planning for Pratigya, I had already decided to familiarize the audience with this dialect and also the people who we normally get annoyed with. As a writer, I was also attracted to the characters who we always find difficult to cope up with, because I feel we should try to know them. I had known a family, similar to that of Sajjan Singh's, when I was a kid and that familiarity helped me to bring out the characters alive on screen. To live like dabang has always been a hobby for them and I have tried to include this forte in the characters. This reasons why the dialogues of Sajjan Singh, Krishna, Shakti and Komal are popular.

The recent track in Pratigya has upset the viewers wherein bigamy is shown. Also Krishna has been shown to be a weak character who cannot support his wife. What do you say?
There are various other social practices that upset people and we have always tried to portray the reality through our shows where we deal with topics that people hesitate to talk about, in public. The marriage of Arushi and Shakti is a social crime, a decision taken on the emotional grounds, which is later taken for granted. Such anti social activities happen around us now and then, even at our home. But always we silence ourselves for the ease of life. For example we never question on the practice of bribery by our relatives but at the same time we consider them lucky to have illegally earned money. Similarly Krishna is also a common man and not a hero; he is uneducated, but at the same time innocent. Because of which many a times he fails to decide whom he should stand for and does whatever he thinks is right. Whenever he feels Pratigya is right, he stands for her even if the whole world turns against her and at times goes against her because of the social institution in which he has been brought up. Gradually he is improving in his ideology and he is not like any other ideal hero.

Are you happy with the ratings that Gunahon Ka Devta is getting?
The ratings are never stable for a show and even Pratigya had a bad start with regard to ratings but went on to the peak of fame and in ratings. We expect the same to happen for Gunahon Ka Devta.

I have only posted the Pratigya bits. For full interview, check the link: http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/8344-i-was-impressed-by-the-allahabadi-dialect-shanti-bhushan.htm

Edited by SaacheeSyna - 17 December 2010 at 6:34am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

vishpPristineSoulcorvette---Yemi---shruthiR-Rhythmic.Me-

-Rhythmic.Me- IF-Sizzlerz
-Rhythmic.Me-
-Rhythmic.Me-

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing .
 He is trying to justify S-A marriage but sorry i can't take it  Big smile .And how  the CVs will justify the ridiculous track of sis vs sis war !!!Sleepy

Edited by Arine_123 - 17 December 2010 at 6:37am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pheonix1babithaj

PristineSoul Coolbie
PristineSoul
PristineSoul

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Thanks Pooja... WOW so many articles in one day.
PristineSoul Coolbie
PristineSoul
PristineSoul

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 6:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arine_123

Thanks for sharing .
He is trying to justify S-A marriage but sorry i can't take it Big smile.And how the CVs will justify the ridiculous track of sis vs sis war !!!Sleepy
Arine, How do u always reach before ME?? In d previous article also U were 1st To reply and me after u?? Bolbo.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

babithaj-Rhythmic.Me-

telstra IF-Sizzlerz
telstra
telstra

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 6:46am | IP Logged
bechara phas gaya LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL felt sorry for him cant answer the bigamy track beta aisay kaam karogay toh koi jawab nahin hoga chalo atleast you wakeup from a long sleep and think about interecting with the audience thats nice and u r very talented no doubt about it.
-Rhythmic.Me- IF-Sizzlerz
-Rhythmic.Me-
-Rhythmic.Me-

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KriYa_life

Originally posted by Arine_123

Thanks for sharing .
He is trying to justify S-A marriage but sorry i can't take it Big smile.And how the CVs will justify the ridiculous track of sis vs sis war !!!Sleepy
Arine, How do u always reach before ME?? In d previous article also U were 1st To reply and me after u?? Bolbo.

Fast & furious   Cool LOL
MERARAI IF-Sizzlerz
MERARAI
MERARAI

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 7:16am | IP Logged
The recent track in Pratigya has upset the viewers wherein bigamy is shown. Also Krishna has been shown to be a weak character who cannot support his wife. What do you say?
There are various other social practices that upset people and we have always tried to portray the reality through our shows where we deal with topics that people hesitate to talk about, in public. The marriage of Arushi and Shakti is a social crime, a decision taken on the emotional grounds, which is later taken for granted. Such anti social activities happen around us now and then, even at our home. But always we silence ourselves for the ease of life. For example we never question on the practice of bribery by our relatives but at the same time we consider them lucky to have illegally earned money. Similarly Krishna is also a common man and not a hero; he is uneducated, but at the same time innocent. Because of which many a times he fails to decide whom he should stand for and does whatever he thinks is right. Whenever he feels Pratigya is right, he stands for her even if the whole world turns against her and at times goes against her because of the social institution in which he has been brought up. Gradually he is improving in his ideology and he is not like any other ideal hero.

I agree with Mr. Bhushan,  there are social crimes being swept under the rug but  that needs to be exposed in public.   The issue for me is the role is essayed by an actress who cannot do justice to the role with conviction.  Her voice modulation, affect in speech, expression and body language don't jive. The only part she can do well is scream at people that screams to come naturally. 

Was it really necessary to take it into a dragging war of sisters for months on end? Arusia has been at the forefront of the story lines since SCAM came to propose sometime in July. We
Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SaacheeSyna

'I was impressed by the Allahabadi dialect' - Shanti Bhushan

Friday, December 17, 2010 | 7:00:30 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 0 Comments 'I was impressed by the Allahabadi dialect' - Shanti Bhushan

Exclusive conversation with Shanti Bhushan, the witer of popluar shows like Pratigya, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, Rishton Se Badi Pratha et al.

You have a good association with Pearl Grey and write for both her shows Pratigya and Rishton Se Badi Pratha. How has the association worked out?
Pearl is an excellent writer, who is at very ease and a simple person and she has a plethora of experience which she knows how to apply in her work. Our manner of storytelling is similar which makes me comfortable to work with her and we supplement each others work. And apart from being a writer, she is a great human being as well. We have a good tuning among ourselves wherein we first work on the story together, after which she does the screenplay and I work on the dialogues. We have always tried to bring in something new and untouched with Pratigya and Rishton Se Badi Pratha and have always been successful.

In Pratigya, the dialogues given to the Sajjan Singh and his family have been very much appreciated. How and why did you decide on giving each and every character such strong hitting and unusual dialogues?
There is always a humour in every language and its dialects, and these contents are a bit more in the Allahabadi dialect. I was really attracted to the dialect when I was in Allahabad and whenever there were bits of Allahabadi dialects in Amitabh Bachchan movies, I used to get really excited. When Pearl had started planning for Pratigya, I had already decided to familiarize the audience with this dialect and also the people who we normally get annoyed with. As a writer, I was also attracted to the characters who we always find difficult to cope up with, because I feel we should try to know them. I had known a family, similar to that of Sajjan Singh's, when I was a kid and that familiarity helped me to bring out the characters alive on screen. To live like dabang has always been a hobby for them and I have tried to include this forte in the characters. This reasons why the dialogues of Sajjan Singh, Krishna, Shakti and Komal are popular.

Are you happy with the ratings that Gunahon Ka Devta is getting?
The ratings are never stable for a show and even Pratigya had a bad start with regard to ratings but went on to the peak of fame and in ratings. We expect the same to happen for Gunahon Ka Devta.

I have only posted the Pratigya bits. For full interview, check the link: http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/8344-i-was-impressed-by-the-allahabadi-dialect-shanti-bhushan.htm

Underlined.

Hello Mr Bhushan,

Admitting that Bigamy is a social crime and then trying to justify it has confirmed the fact that you are the greatest hypocrite of all. Your work does not end only by showing atrocities to women and crimes, you need and should take responsibility to show consequences to these crimes.

You very conveniently is withdrawing from showing the punishments of these crimes .if ppl do not know that there can be consequences how will these crimes be stopped. 

Bigamy ,domestic violence, murdering daughter- in -laws, battery, marital rape,eve teasing, illegal work are all a part of social crimes that you have shown in your serial 'Pratigya" without punishing the perpetraters. What kind of message are you talking about ? Are you living in a fool's paradise ?

Anu

Go to top