Pratigya

MKAP turns one!-Article

ArjaAddict IF-Sizzlerz
ArjaAddict
ArjaAddict

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 6:13am | IP Logged
Pratigya turns one
STARONE.IN

STAR Plus most successful show Maan Ki Awaaz Pratigya completes a year today. Fans have embraced the Pratigya - Krishna Jodi, which has become one of the most loved jodi's of television. In a span of one year, the show has bagged 11 awards and is still going strong.

STARONE.IN

More on Pratigya : Discuss here | Watch full episodes | Official Website

We caught up with the leads, Arhaan Behll and Pooja Gor, who play Krishna and Pratigya respectively and asked them to share with us the successful run of the show, their favourite scenes and treasured moments both on and off screen.

"It's been an amazing journey. I didn't expect that the show would do so well. It's a nice feeling that we've gotten so much love from the audience," says Behll. Pooja Gor agrees with him. She says, "I can't believe that the show has completed a year. I'm very thankful to Pearl Ma'am, the producer of the show for giving us Pratigya."

On asked what their favorite scene was, both actors laughed and said that there were several, but through some plodding, Behll said that he enjoyed his scenes with his onscreen father Sajjan Singh. "These scenes won us a STAR Parivar award. I'm also partial to the scene where I point a gun at Pratigya when I discover that she was kidnapped on her wedding night by Angad."

Pooja, however, enjoys a funny scene in the show when Krishna refuses to go to hospital when he has a bad stomach ache. "He wants to prove that he's macho and it was quite funny," she says.

Both the actors maintain that they gelled well with their onscreen co-stars and that they would have a blast on the sets.

Although the show is focused mainly on Pratigya and Krishna, you can't ignore the other actors. Asmita Sharma, who plays Thakurin says that she's ecstatic that the show has completed a year. "I'm grateful to STAR Plus and Pearl Grey for this opportunity," she says, adding that her favourite scene in the show was when Thakurin is being hit by Sajjan Singh and Pratigya comes to her rescue. "The emotions in the scene were wonderful and the crowd loved us," she states.

She adds that the team works as a family and work well together, which is the main reason why the show has successfully completed a year.

Shadaan, the creative head of the show is happy that the show is doing well. "This definitely calls for a celebration," he laughs.

Well, here's wishing Pratigya and her team the very best and keep watching the show every weeknight at 10.30 pm only on STAR Plus.

On this special occasion we spoke to the cast, this is what they have to say.

Pratigya aka Pooja Gor

How has your experience been essaying the character of Pratigya?
It has been a great experience. Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya is a unique show. I don't thing Indian TV has witnessed such a kind of show before. I have learnt so much from this show.

Did you expect the show to become so popular and that your character would become an inspiration for so many women?
I am very happy that my character has been appreciated so much and that she has become an icon. Keep loving Pratigya and please do follow her journey.

What would you like to say about Pratigya and Krishna's chemistry that is being loved by fans?
The chemistry is the result of pure dedication from my and Arhaan's side. It is because we are so comfortable with each other. I am very happy that the audience likes our chemistry.

What changes would you like to see in Krishna and Pratigya's story in the near future?
I would not like to comment on the story. It is my producer's call and I do not have any right to say anything about it.

What do you like best about the character Pratigya?
I like Pratigya's uniqueness. Everything that you see in the show is authentic and nothing artificial. The best part is that the audience can relate to the happenings in Pratigya's life.

Any message for fans as Pratigya?
I love my fans and I hope they keep loving and supporting Pratigya always.

Most memorable scene?
We shot in an auto rickshaw for the first episode and I fell out of it during a scene. Everyone found that very funny and I can never forget that scene.

Some memorable offscreen fun moments?
There is one but it is too personal to reveal (laughs).

How do you chill out during the break?
I have my laptop in my room and I kept surfing the net. I also watch a lot of movies. Basically I have converted my make up room into a theatre.

Who is the best off screen entertainer?
Sajjanji because no one can be unhappy when he is around. He makes everyone laugh.

Who is the funniest on the set?
Again Sajjanji because no one is as funny as him. He is a lively person and very witty.

The latecomer from the cast?
Thankfully people here are on time

Describe your co-stars in one word
Krishna-Shy
Arushi- Smart
Adarsh-cool
Komal-sweet
Sajjan Singh

What characteristic of Sajjan Singh appealed to you most when you were offered the role?
The character was very appealing. A man who is illiterate, but is wealthy is difficult to play. Without any knowledge or education, he is a powerful man, who gets what he wants. I've thought of an Indian Charlie Chaplin while playing him. People laugh at his character and personality.

Has any person you know inspired you to play this role?
Actually, I built the character. My director gave birth to a character and I have developed the character

Did you expect Sajjan Singh to become so popular especially for his brash behavior, mannerisms and dialogues?
I'm a theater person. To entertain the audience, you need to be innovative. If you watch Sajjan Singh doing the same antics daily, you'll get bored. I've tried keeping the character intense. The humour, the cruelty and the harshness of the character make him interesting. My style has been aped as well. The other day at the airport, a man approached me and thanked me for making his son learn his mother tongue

Viewers love your interaction with Krishna what is the secret behind your excellent rapport with him?
The bond we share off screen has helped our onscreen chemistry. You can see my relationships with my onscreen sons. While one holds a gun up to me, the other doesn't react when I throw a slipper at him. And at the day, Sajjan Singh wants his family to stay united. Look at Thakurain: she stays with me because she believes she is my lawfully wedded wife, despite my behaviour she has accepted me the way I am

Your style of pulling your eyelids whenever you are angry has become very popular. From where did that idea come? Was it your suggestion?
It was my suggestion because it is something which I do daily. When I'm tense or angry, I do that.

Any message for your fans on Starplus.in?
I want them to keep watching my show Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya and remain critical of the performances. I promise that I will continue entertaining you. I would also like to thank the channel for giving me this platform

Your most memorable scene?
The scenes when I get angry are fun

Some memorable off screen moments?
The whole unit of Pratigya is very chilled out everyone keeps cracking jokes and making each other comfortable.

How do you chill out during the break?
Once I enter the sets I am Sajjan Singh and I don't take breaks because once you take a break the concentration breaks. So I keep myself busy with work. I don't carry my phone on the sets because I believe that breaks your concentration.

Who is the best off screen entertainer?
Pooja Gor she has a good sense of humor. She is very smart.

The latecomer from the cast?
Everyone comes on time.

Describe your co-stars in one word

Sorry if it was posted earlier...Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

isha_nightingleabcd2PristineSoul

abcd2 IF-Dazzler
abcd2
abcd2

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 6:17am | IP Logged
thanks nechu ..but it was posted earlier

ArjaAddict IF-Sizzlerz
ArjaAddict
ArjaAddict

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 6:20am | IP Logged
ok surbhi...i didnt know...so i posted it...

Edited by RoKa PraNeev - 17 December 2010 at 6:36am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

abcd2

okkk Senior Member
okkk
okkk

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RoKa PraNeev

ok surbhi...i didnt know...so i posted it...MODS u can close the topic!

Thankyou nechu i have not read this article before.
if u had not posted then i wud hv missed it.Thankyou once again...
ArjaAddict IF-Sizzlerz
ArjaAddict
ArjaAddict

Posted: 17 December 2010 at 6:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by okkk

Originally posted by RoKa PraNeev

ok surbhi...i didnt know...so i posted it...!

Thankyou nechu i have not read this article before.
if u had not posted then i wud hv missed it.Thankyou once again...

ohhh ok frnd...its my pleasure!

Mods pls dnt close the topuc as der myt be ppl who have not read it b4 like okkk n me!Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

okkk

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top