Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Hope's Take 5 - December 16, 2010 (Page 18)

Tanyaz IF-Stunnerz
Tanyaz
Tanyaz

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 4:22pm | IP Logged

Hey Varsha , change of plans. Now my family is coming  to my place for christmas ..

This  is my menu ..Roast Turkey , roast potatoes  roast parsnips , brussel sprouts , cauliflower with  cheese and for dessert I am doing the christamct mince pies with custard ..
I want to keep it a very British christmas dinner ....LOL
what do you think ????

Edited by Tanyaz - 18 December 2010 at 4:22pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Hope--

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tanyaz

Hey Varsha , change of plans. Now my family is coming  to my place for christmas ..

This  is my menu ..Roast Turkey , roast potatoes  roast parsnips , brussel sprouts , cauliflower with  cheese and for dessert I am doing the christamct mince pies with custard ..
what do you think ????

Wow Tanya sounds elaborate menu dear eh...I am glad you will have your family coming to your place...Lemme know how it turns out...I am sure it will be superb knowing you and your cooking..

For my menu I follow most recipes from food network...Tyler florence's recipe for Horseradish-garlic Prime rib roast....I have gotten really good at cooking it now...So I have taken upon myself to host X-mas...LOL   I have no clue how it tastes but other like it which makes me feel good.

I will be grubbing on Veggie items Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

--Hope--Tanyaz

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

Originally posted by Dabulls23

I don't think this plan would work as Savita will get her hopes up or more trouble between ArMan...

From what I see Manav needs job to support ArMan and Ds & pay for Savita's psychiatric treatment...Once he is able than take her to the Pschologist first and get her analyzed...May be she needs to be inhouse somewhere & on meds...Here  she can learn to cope with the grief, loss and despair abt Sachin's death...Inhouse she can get counselling on how to accept ArMan's marriage and how to deal with it too...Meanwhile Sachu should be removed...

My two cents on this plan: Varsha Di, the biggest problem with psychiatric treatment is that it is very difficult to convince the patient to see a psychiatrist. In most instances the patient does not want to accept that he/she needs psychiatric help, the constant argument being - "Main pagal nahi hun." Even normal patients, if forcibly taken to a psychiatrist, throw things at him/her. Unless they cooperate with the doctor, the doctor really cannot do anything much except giving anti-psychotics and anti-anxiety drugs. Here I'm speaking of normal people, not abusive, wild people like Savita. I really do not think she will accept a psychiatrist. Her first line will be- "Tum log mujhe pagal sabit karke mujhe Sachu se alag karna chahte ho." She will stop trusting Manav, Damo, everyone if this happens. Forcibly taken to psychiatrist will have no gain cos everything will fall on deaf ears.

Hence Manav Damo need to go to a doctor who will guide them. The doctor meets the patient in the company of loved ones. The loved ones i.e. family members need to be ones the patient trusts. Hence my emphasis on Manav going to Savita occasionally and making her realise that he is there with her to support her- financially, emotionally everything. Here also I take Manav's name not Damo's cos Savita had a special bonding with Manav not Damo who has practically been useless all these years. This will help in calming her. At the same time, psychiatrist befriends her and starts counselling- sometimes without revealing his real professional identity, else she will throw him out. If Manav succeeds in convincing her (gradually and softly) that she needs treatment- then fine, take her to psychiatrist and psychiatrist ward. Else work behind the curtains and reveal everything once she gets well.

The main motto is: Manav should show support to Savita, that he is there with her, and Archu hasn't snatched him from Savita. Once she understands that Archu is no threat, she will gradually feel better, and the hatred will slowly dissipate as she slowly regains her balance and see things in a new light. Right now she is beyond reasoning.

During all this, Manav shouldn't leave Archu. In fact, as Savita gets calmer, he should slowly start talking about her and even take her to meet Savita.

My point Varsha D, which unfortunately few people are seeing as of nowi, is that this is no ordinary MIL or dowry abuse- Savita had no regrets in burning her son even and sending Damo to jail. As I see it, these are signs of a unhealthy person. And so, my request to all the forum members would be- right now dont see her as a bad MIL. See the patient in her and react accordingly. She doesn't deserve jail or reprimands or hitting. She needs HELP.

You are all older than me, and much more experienced, but this is what I feel.

Niki I understand what you are saying and where u r coming from...I am seeing it from western world perspective where seeing psychiatrist is not always a bad thing...Everyone has some issues which needs a lil help in resolving...Yes in India people are not so open abt being seen by Psychiatrist or even discussing issues Embarrassed...So I get your point...Big smile

How about Dr. Kalyani who is friend of Savita stepping in and getting her in confidence to have her seen by psychologist...Ofcourse Manav should be supportive...Savita is a complex personality with severe loss issue (Sachin's death and losing Manav to Archu)  who is on a rampage to take revenge....To her it does not matter who comes in the way...She will hurt anyone and everyone....In US son-dil would have put a police complaint and have lawyer issue restraining order....She has gone beyond tutu main main...She is  getting physically dangerous and psychotic...Embarrassed

Edited by Dabulls23 - 18 December 2010 at 5:08pm

--Hope--

bhavni88 IF-Dazzler
bhavni88
bhavni88

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 5:54pm | IP Logged

what do you think ????

hi..sounds lovely...

we are veg so we normally have either full veg dish or pav bhaji...

I love brussel sprouts and cauli cheese..I make sprouts with the chana masala filling..with onions and garlic..lovely with hot rotlis and rice...yum...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

--Hope--Dabulls23

naava IF-Dazzler
naava
naava

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhavni88

what do you think ????

hi..sounds lovely...

I love brussel sprouts and cauli cheese..I make sprouts with the chana masala filling..with onions and garlic..lovely with hot rotlis and rice...yum...

gosh you guys are making us all hungry....  Day Dreaming

--Hope--

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 6:23pm | IP Logged

what do you think ????

hi..sounds lovely...

Bhavni would you pls share your stuffed Brussel sprouts recipe??

I make Brussel sprouts-Cauli with butter, lemon pepper and thyme..I love BS this way...

--Hope--

Tanyaz IF-Stunnerz
Tanyaz
Tanyaz

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
For my menu I follow most recipes from food network...Tyler florence's recipe for Horseradish-garlic Prime rib roast

that's it ...I am going to put this site  in my favourites .
Thanks varsha ...

Dabulls23

Tanyaz IF-Stunnerz
Tanyaz
Tanyaz

Posted: 18 December 2010 at 7:57pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Tanyaz]

That sounds novel and rather exptic , would love to know the recipe .

--Hope--

Go to top