My Take on the "Passion" (Page 3)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by muniza75

Originally posted by kdg129

Excuse me, i am not todays generation at all...But seriously i want freshness in MaanEet scenes, and i want perfect kiss between them, means decent one....I dont know what other people think, but i think physical relation will be better to show after marriage, and before that they can show some sizzle scene no problem...Romance doesnt mean physical relation...

No body want to see ugly stuff, we are classy people and we want decent love, romance, and scenes between MaanEet.....

Muniza

Oh, I'm so sorry if it came across the wrong way...I didn't mean to offend anyone when I said "today's generation"...
Sorry

But yeah, I agree! I mean, just because I like forehead kisses doesn't mean I like other kinds (well, that sounds wrong. Anywho...LOL)
But I do think they should show all of that AFTER marriage. It's not just about the passion, it's about keeping in character, and I don't think the characters of Maan and Geet would do something like that...
Well, Munda would try and Mundi would shy away and push him off..LOL

Did you heard the saying "word cant be return"...

Anyways it's not Mundi, it's kudi...Munda and Kudi...

Maan is passionate lover, and he can go on extents if you watch his old episodes...It's just that our creative are short of ideas.....We are not demanding anything cheap, but love have ton of different way except forehead kiss, and hand kiss....they can show cheek kiss, shoulder kiss....
Maan is ery passionate to do all this, but dont know what's the problem...

Muniza

Muniza I don't think you should take what she said to heart cos clearly she didn't mean it that way.
Please don't make the poor girl feel bad.

I for one want some sort of freshness in the show. I like that he kisses her forehead, you're right, it shows a certain level of respect for each other. But when you see the same thing again and again, viewers are bound to get bored. I think if the romance and 'physical attractiveness' is shown tastefully, then it shouldn't be a problem. I think the amount of things Maan and Geet have been through, words often can't express just how much love and respect they have for one another and that is why more closeness and romantic scenes are being demanded. I quite like the one-liners and the funny dialogues, but I want a bit of a change too.

Also, don't forget it's Indian television, so they definitely won't do anything that is too out there. I liked the 'deed' episode in Odhani, it was shot well and I think the CV's realise that at the end of the day, Geet is also watched by families so rest assured, certain limits will not be crossed.Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kdg129Infinitedreams

ninand IF-Rockerz
ninand
ninand

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
I think you are seeing only one aspect of what we expect when we say 'passion'... sometimes it has nuthing to do with a kiss , or even touch... but it definitely has all to do with expressions, direction, some great background score and viola! itsBlushing (blush inducingly good)

eg.. you ask? why , the scene where Geet was working in the archive room, and Maan comes all worried, ...then the mood swiftly changes when that innocent , oblivious drop of sweat makes its way down Geets neck minding its own business... and ....Blushing... that scene did not even have a bloody eyelock!! they weren't facing each other, they didn't touch each other, but the tension that it induced was sooo heavy... you could cut it with a knife!

And it wasnt even stretched! Thats  passion , thats how it can be soo beautifully conveyed in all its splendor!

I think we need to introduce the concept that passion between two people in love, (or even not in love) is completely natural... and that to show it on the television is not vulgarity or obscenity or cheap... please.. passion brings life, is a fruition of the purest emotion of need, brings about the deepest fulfillment... it needs to be accepted for what it is... a beautiful and essential aspect of life...

then again I am not asking for skin show or graphic detail... thts NOT required... and no one on TV  is goina follow thru with it right now anyway... when we demand passion what we mean is to clearly and unequivocally express on screen the physical aspect of a relationship like LOve and not be apologetic about it... or hesitant. 
You dont/shouldnt need to dress it up with  'understanding', 'flowery words', and 'ascetic control' to show that the couple really are in 'true love' and its not 'lust'.... we get it... we have been seeing the series since the beginning.

All in all... scenes which translate into their mutual need for each other are justified and natural and should be treated as such.

Just wanted to share my view..Embarrassed... and yep, all this can be done without skin show and other cheesy antics... as it is we know the CVs and director are way above it... 

Edited by ninand - 16 December 2010 at 11:09pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kdg129naamteeghindu4lyfevelineswan20Infinitedreams

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ninand

I think you are seeing only one aspect of what we expect when we say 'passion'... sometimes it has nuthing to do with a kiss , or even touch... but it definitely has all to do with expressions, direction, some great background score and viola! itsBlushing (blush inducingly good)

eg.. you ask? why , the scene where Geet was working in the archive room, and Maan comes all worried, ...then the mood swiftly changes when that innocent , oblivious drop of sweat makes its way down Geets neck minding its own business... and ....Blushing... that scene did not even have a bloody eyelock!! they weren't facing each other, they didn't touch each other, but the tension that it induced was sooo heavy... you could cut it with a knife!

And it wasnt even stretched! Thats  passion , thats how it can be soo beautifully conveyed in all its splendor!

I think we need to introduce the concept that passion between two people in love, (or even not in love) is completely natural... and that to show it on the television is not vulgarity or obscenity or cheap... please.. passion brings life, is a fruition of the purest emotion of need, brings about the deepest fulfillment... it needs to be accepted for what it is... a beautiful and essential aspect of life...

then again I am not asking for skin show or graphic detail... thts NOT required... and no one on the TV too is goin follow thru with it right now anyway... when we demand passion what we mean is to clearly and unequivocally express on screen the physical aspect of a relationship like LOve and not be apologetic about it... or hesitant. 
You dont/shouldnt need to dress it up with  'understanding', 'flowery words', and 'ascetic control' to show that the couple really are in 'true love' and its not 'lust'.... we get it... we have been seeing the series since the beginning.

All in all... scenes which translate into their mutual need for each other are justified and natural and should be treated as such.

Just wanted to share my view..Embarrassed... and yep, all this can be done without skin show and other cheesy antics... as it is we know the CVs and director are way above it... 

Bravo! You explained it so damn beautifully!ClapClap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ninand

she_ratchet IF-Rockerz
she_ratchet
she_ratchet

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
Well. I see your point.

I mean I kind of agree and don't agree.

I disagree becuase its how some people look at it. We all love MaanEet and we really want to see them together. And you know as much as we pray that they'd show more than just forhead romantic its just our wish. We don't mean physical or some something we just hope for a deeper bondng. Geet's CVs are already doing a good job and I don't think we could ask them more. We just want to see love between MaanEet and bonding.

I agree because this is Your opinion and I respect that fully.Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kdg129happygolucky

happygolucky IF-Rockerz
happygolucky
happygolucky

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kuls11

Originally posted by happygolucky

Now a days, I don't find any romance between manneet at all. I don't know why they are not behaving like grownups. All those nakali nok jhok seems too much overacting. I miss those effortless romantic interaction between Manneet. The attraction between lead actors seems toned down a bit. I don't mean to say there is some problem between Gurti or blog thing has affected their relationship, but I definitely feel that this serial is not the one I fell in love with it. Lets hope for the best. My POV of view. No offence please.Big smile

oh, there's been a shift in the atmosphere of the show for sure. i mean, if it was like this in the beginning, i wouldn't have liked it as much.
but i think the big thing for the attraction was the "forbidden" or angsty aspect of it. like i said before that elevator scene was really effective cuz Maan was in denial and whatnot. like, he's trying to hold it in, she's trying to hold it in, but both of 'em can't help it.Day Dreaming
and yes, the recent nok-jhok was a little overdone. but i think it was to make a point, sort of, like, "hey, this is what married couples go through. here's a little trailer before the shaadi." all i know is, it could be worse. *shrug*
and it's really amusing, cuz i've witnessed such fights between many  married couples i know. (my adorable parents, for one!LOL)

Agreed with you I still enjoy their nok jhok.....and their chemistry,,,,bbut I think they have to im porve screenplay/......I still like dialgues....and Mnaaet scenes....but dont like screenplay too much but I enjoy episode

You guys have valid pointBig smile. May  be I have very high expectation from Geet's teamSmile

kdg129

kdg129 Senior Member
kdg129
kdg129

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ninand

then again I am not asking for skin show or graphic detail... thts NOT required... and no one on the TV too is goin follow thru with it right now anyway... when we demand passion what we mean is to clearly and unequivocally express on screen the physical aspect of a relationship like LOve and not be apologetic about it... or hesitant. 

ZOMG. that was PERFECT!
that was actually the point i was trying to make, but i didn't how to!
i didn't mean to say that all the people who say they want more passion are wrong. actually, it was just some people whose posts were very...obscene...and that got on my nerves, and voila! u have a spur-of-the-moment post!
because i totally agree with u're definition of passion in Geet! aaah, i don't what more to say, u've made me all happy-ful again! (and a little jealous, cuz i wish i could identify and communicate my thoughts this well PinchLOL

ninand

kdg129 Senior Member
kdg129
kdg129

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:26pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by kuls11

Now a days, I don't find any romance between manneet at all. I don't know why they are not behaving like grownups. All those nakali nok jhok seems too much overacting. I miss those effortless romantic interaction between Manneet. The attraction between lead actors seems toned down a bit. I don't mean to say there is some problem between Gurti or blog thing has affected their relationship, but I definitely feel that this serial is not the one I fell in love with it. Lets hope for the best. My POV of view. No offence please.Big smile

oh, there's been a shift in the atmosphere of the show for sure. i mean, if it was like this in the beginning, i wouldn't have liked it as much.
but i think the big thing for the attraction was the "forbidden" or angsty aspect of it. like i said before that elevator scene was really effective cuz Maan was in denial and whatnot. like, he's trying to hold it in, she's trying to hold it in, but both of 'em can't help it.Day Dreaming
and yes, the recent nok-jhok was a little overdone. but i think it was to make a point, sort of, like, "hey, this is what married couples go through. here's a little trailer before the shaadi." all i know is, it could be worse. *shrug*
and it's really amusing, cuz i've witnessed such fights between many  married couples i know. (my adorable parents, for one!LOL)

Agreed with you I still enjoy their nok jhok.....and their chemistry,,,,bbut I think they have to im porve screenplay/......I still like dialgues....and Mnaaet scenes....but dont like screenplay too much but I enjoy episode

You guys have valid pointBig smile. May  be I have very high expectation from Geet's teamSmile

hm...here's an analogy. you: Geet team as my parents: me.
why? because i was a straight A student, and now that i have a B, my parents get freaked out. in the same manner, the early Geet was just...pure...AMAZING. therefore u're expectations remain high. LOL am i right?
kdg129 Senior Member
kdg129
kdg129

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Excuse me, i am not todays generation at all...But seriously i want freshness in MaanEet scenes, and i want perfect kiss between them, means decent one....I dont know what other people think, but i think physical relation will be better to show after marriage, and before that they can show some sizzle scene no problem...Romance doesnt mean physical relation...

No body want to see ugly stuff, we are classy people and we want decent love, romance, and scenes between MaanEet.....

Muniza

Oh, I'm so sorry if it came across the wrong way...I didn't mean to offend anyone when I said "today's generation"...
Sorry

But yeah, I agree! I mean, just because I like forehead kisses doesn't mean I like other kinds (well, that sounds wrong. Anywho...LOL)
But I do think they should show all of that AFTER marriage. It's not just about the passion, it's about keeping in character, and I don't think the characters of Maan and Geet would do something like that...
Well, Munda would try and Mundi would shy away and push him off..LOL

Did you heard the saying "word cant be return"...

Anyways it's not Mundi, it's kudi...Munda and Kudi...

Maan is passionate lover, and he can go on extents if you watch his old episodes...It's just that our creative are short of ideas.....We are not demanding anything cheap, but love have ton of different way except forehead kiss, and hand kiss....they can show cheek kiss, shoulder kiss....
Maan is ery passionate to do all this, but dont know what's the problem...

Muniza

Muniza I don't think you should take what she said to heart cos clearly she didn't mean it that way.
Please don't make the poor girl feel bad.

I for one want some sort of freshness in the show. I like that he kisses her forehead, you're right, it shows a certain level of respect for each other. But when you see the same thing again and again, viewers are bound to get bored. I think if the romance and 'physical attractiveness' is shown tastefully, then it shouldn't be a problem. I think the amount of things Maan and Geet have been through, words often can't express just how much love and respect they have for one another and that is why more closeness and romantic scenes are being demanded. I quite like the one-liners and the funny dialogues, but I want a bit of a change too.

Also, don't forget it's Indian television, so they definitely won't do anything that is too out there. I liked the 'deed' episode in Odhani, it was shot well and I think the CV's realise that at the end of the day, Geet is also watched by families so rest assured, certain limits will not be crossed.Smile

ay caramba! don't worry, it's all fine!!

heh, ain't it funny, i be chastising u for chastising her! ROFL

and yes, freshness is needed! just within the limits Embarrassed

Go to top