Pakistani Serials

Daam's Attraction: Realism?

Posted: 13 years ago
I've recently started to watch Daam and I'm still at episode 7 or so, but I was just wondering why I have to begun to like this show. I guess there are a lot of positive factors but I think more than anything, people watch it for its realism. While that's true for most Pakistani dramas (thank God!), I think this drama is unique as it shows the struggles of a poor family and all their trials and tribulations. Furthermore, it shows how wealth and stature can become an issue for the best of friends. I think one of the problems with Pakistan (and I guess the rest of the third world) is the whole class issue. In an earlier episode, Maliha talks about how she doesn't care about all these superficial issues and she has no problems with anyone's lack of wealth or status, but then she later does have issues because she can't see her poor friend marrying her brother. It's fine and dandy to go out of her way to get her a job and do all sorts of favours for her, but she can't become a part of her family? I'm still at the earlier stages so I don't know what happens next but I just know the main concept. I may be wrong about the problem here but I wanted to make a post on how Daam is a good drama because of its realism. I actually love all of the poor household's scenes because that is a reality that thousands face in Pakistan. And when you're poor, you really have no one on your side. Maliha is a good friend and all, but Zara's family survived on her sister's sacrifices. For me up till now, her sister is the true hero and my favorite character. She's the one person who I feel the most amount of sympathy for.
Please don't tell me the ending...I just made this post to discuss the whole realism aspect. If you wish to discuss any future plots, then put a silly spoiler alert heading for me so I don't read on :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
lets discuss when u finish.....it will be more fun.
Originally posted by: unhappyviewer

lets discuss when u finish.....it will be more fun.

Oh sure ok. That might take a few days though...
virgo_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ap ne bulaya hum chalein aya=P LOL
Coming to the topic agree with u:)
The best thing about Daam is that it was realistic from Zara's family to Maliha's insecurity to the character of Zara's Maamu....every character and every emotion was portrayed very realistically👍🏼
Need to leave now will add more comments later:)
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
U just really dont need a reason to watch OR like it!
Its "COMPLETE"  its 1 of the bestest things ive seeen in yearsssss... balke decades i shud say!
Modern yet so Real.... u really shdnt miss @ it... nd as unhappyviewer says, lets wait till u finish watching it.
You wont have to ask this to anybody, ever again!
Seriouslyy!
SEERTTTTTTTTTT! FINISH IT, AND THEN WE WILL TALK...AND OH WE GOT TO TALK, LOL. I love Daam....love it, love it, love it, love it. It left me bloody cold....that's how much it impacted me. The transformation of characters is so believable, that even I couldn't believe my eyes.

FINISH IT FAST!!! I am still looking for shows like Daam and Daastaan. *sniffs* I can't seem to find any.
Thank you guys for the replies =)
Ok I need to finish off exams and then I will finish up Daam...I'll be back in 3 or so days with my full comments then.

Zainab: Yes we will ;p
I may not have finished Malal yet but this one I will definitely finish!
And don't get me started on the void Dastaan has left :'(